Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

External Amplified Subwoofer Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 06:41 AM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Clarification on response to Question #4

Thank you so much for answering my rather ignorant and moronic questions :-) (newbie here). Very much appreciated sir!

I just have a clarificatory question on your answer to my 4th question which is regarding the input to LC2 from the spliced factory Bose sub. It seems that you have 4 wires going into the input of the LC2 while there are only 2 wires coming from the factory Bose sub. Did you splice the 2 wires; - and + into 2 each so that you'll have Left -/+ and Right -/+ ?

thank for your patience.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:08 AM
DavidIn is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a view from the top of the existing Bose subwoofer. Two wires were spliced into the existing wires at the sub. Each of these wires was then split near to the LC2 so I had two negatives and two positives. The LC2 had two negative inputs and two positive inputs,so I used them all. It is a mono input on the new Ion box though.

This is a close view of the initial splicing of the wires at the Bose subwoofer.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:18 AM
Got it! Thanks so much DavidIn! I'm doing the install tonight or 1st thing tomorrow morning :-) may I post some pictures? I plan on taking a slightly different route where to mount the LC2. I don't want to appear to be hijacking your thread :-) just contributing and sharing the results from what I've learned from you. Thanks again! 2 beers soon!

Old 12-22-2018, 06:25 AM
My pleasure. I look forward to seeing your solution. We should always seek to improve on ideas. Rock on brother, David

Old 12-23-2018, 12:47 AM
Ok thanks DavidIn for all the information! Thanks also to Victory007!

So I finished the install at 2am this morning. I did exactly how DavidIn wired the speakers, remote and power directly from the battery. I also did the Y connector so that LC2 will have a complete 4 wire line inputs. What I didn't do is mount the LC2 beside the battery. I mounted it on the speaker box: i used a Nakamichi NBX210 an amplified sub, mounted the LC2 on it and did all the necessary wirings on the speaker box itself. It was a pain to take out the rear flooring to route the wires but in the spirit of a clean factory like install I did it! So here are the pictures:

Sounds perfect to me. Not too much bass but you can really feel it. Just sharing the install. Now I'll have a beer and a nap

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 12-23-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Great job!!! It looks very clean.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:03 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
That s a great job! I am sure it makes a big difference. Did the sub box come in that color? it matches the interior really well.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:46 AM
@DavidIn thank you! You were the key!
@LGARCIA thank you! Yes very big difference - I love it now. I'm glad I also ordered the ACR1 Remote for the LC2 - makes a lot of difference when you can adjust sub levels. The sub box is a Nakamichi NBX210A...

http://www.nakamichicaraudio.com/pro....php?ProId=285

...​​​​​​it came with that color. Its around $250-$280 on this side of the big pond.