Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) GTS - all things tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 12:46 PM
onemanclique is on a distinguished road
New (to me) GTS - all things tint

Finally took delivery of my '15 GTS in black and already loving every moment behind that wheel. Also big thanks to the team at Intercity for the seamless handling in the coast to coast transport!!
Now first thing on the agenda is to get the windows tinted. Searching past threads it seems there was an issue with scratching. Do you know if that was resolved in the '15 model or will I need to go the felt protector route?
Also curious to know what brand, film type, and % people have gone with on theirs. Did you tint the front windshield as well?
I'm in the northern nj/nyc area so any shop recommendations would also be appreciated. In the past people have recommended Protective Sun Films and Top of the Line Glass Tint but would be good to know of updated recs.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GTS.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	528897  
Old 07-18-2018, 01:02 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Congrats, looks great!!
just recently got my 2015 4S and I can confirm that the tint scratch issue is still there. Like you tints were first on my list....sorry to say all the windows scratched the tint.
I have to make time to go back and get it re-done and fixed. I went with 18% which is pretty dark but really nice on a black car, I get away with it here in South Florida driving with the sunroof cover open.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. she is looking good. I am in north NJ too. I can recommend a tint guy for you who did my GTS with felt to prevent window tint scratches.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Thanks fellas.

Just A GTS who did you use?

Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 PM
970gts is on a distinguished road
tint

Huper Optik 30% on all glass (including sunroof), except 70% on windshield.
Huper Optik is supposedly more scratch resistant.
Installer also said - one only needs to clean out the inside of the door where the window rolls down with a micro-fiber cloth.......especially if you drive a lot with the windows rolled down (dirt/particulars get in there).

installer also smoked taillights and side directionals above fender vent, then covered with PPF to give it glass-like appearance.
Blacked out chrome lettering too.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
Thank You

Originally Posted by onemanclique
Finally took delivery of my '15 GTS in black and already loving every moment behind that wheel. Also big thanks to the team at Intercity for the seamless handling in the coast to coast transport!!
Now first thing on the agenda is to get the windows tinted. Searching past threads it seems there was an issue with scratching. Do you know if that was resolved in the '15 model or will I need to go the felt protector route?
Also curious to know what brand, film type, and % people have gone with on theirs. Did you tint the front windshield as well?
I'm in the northern nj/nyc area so any shop recommendations would also be appreciated. In the past people have recommended Protective Sun Films and Top of the Line Glass Tint but would be good to know of updated recs.

onemanclique,

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for your business glad to hear all went well with your move. Congrats on your GTS looks nice. Thank you again and we look forward to helping you with any future moves.

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 07-19-2018, 09:45 AM
ikeibe28 is on a distinguished road
Congrats. I just took in a 2015 black on black GTS 2 weeks ago myself. I have tints on it as well but unfortunately I have to take it out and get 35% max tints on it.

Love the black on black, its very slick but my biggest worry is scratches when getting it washed. I feel like i have to wash my car myself in order to avoid any scratches from the hand car wash. Any advice on this?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:20 AM
970gts: looks super clean! Does the HO give off a blueish hue from the outside?

ikeibe28: congrats! which tints are you looking to go with? Previously having had only white cars.. definitely noting the extra maintenance it will take to keep the black glossy finish looking clean. however I decided not to sweat it too much and just manage it no different from my other cars ie take it to a hand car wash place weekly and to get it detailed once a year. I'm also in a high rise so unfortunately I don't have really have the option of washing myself which I'm sure other guys would say is the only way they'd trust getting their car cleaned.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Obi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ride! I tinted my windows with the spectra photo sync. 35% all around and 70% windshield.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:29 AM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by onemanclique
Thanks fellas.

Just A GTS who did you use?
Pmd you sir.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:00 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
"Nice ride! I tinted my windows with the spectra photo sync. 35% all around and 70% windshield."

Do you find a significant decrease in temperature inside the vehicle on hot sunny days when left outside? Also, if you don't mine revealing, what is the price range to do a similar job?

Old 07-21-2018, 01:00 PM
970gts is on a distinguished road
tint

onemanclique - I do not notice any bluish tint.

Price for Huper Optik, all windows was ~$1100 (but the shop had a special on HO at the time).
Shop around. Prices tend to be a little higher in the summer.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Obi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mziegler38
"Nice ride! I tinted my windows with the spectra photo sync. 35% all around and 70% windshield."

Do you find a significant decrease in temperature inside the vehicle on hot sunny days when left outside? Also, if you don't mine revealing, what is the price range to do a similar job?
The heat reduction is pretty good compared to the factory tint in my previous A8. It is still hot just not scorching like it would be in the 110 degree phoenix summers. The price was $1100, with mole skins done on the front windows ($50/each) The install shop said the panamera is a pain in the *** to do tint and apply mole skin. He does the local porsche dealership tint jobs.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:02 PM
panamera_lou is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 35% all around including windshield 35% but im going to do 5% on the sides i like the murdered out tints on my cars 35% seems to visible from the outside to me
im in new york as well

Old 07-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Did felt on my 2014 and no issues. Went Florida dark but she stays allot in Mass. So far with the Florida plate no hassle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New (to me) GTS - all things tint