Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo head unit replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 08:25 AM
nmisaiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Stereo head unit replacement

Has anyone replaced their head unit in their Panamera? I am considering changing mine out and want to hear what everyone has done if they did change. My radio changes channels constantly and it has now become to annoying to overlook. Thinking of a Pioneer head unit but don't want to loose certain features of the stock unit.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:44 AM
PSPanameraS is an unknown quantity at this point
I replaced the head unit on my 2013 Panamera with the Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX. As part of the upgrade, I also had a new amp installed (can't recall the model number, but can dig it up if important). I received a much better navigation experience, DVD/Video playback, and carplay capabilities with the new head unit. What I gave up were: the mini-map on the driver panel and the graphic on the head unit that shows the location of obstacles (if you have sensors on your car). The unit still beeps when an obstacle is detected, but you don't see the graphic of the location of the obstacle anymore. Other than that, all else works perfectly: net-net, I am very happy with the upgrade.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:59 PM
darkhart is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PSPanameraS
I replaced the head unit on my 2013 Panamera with the Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX. As part of the upgrade, I also had a new amp installed (can't recall the model number, but can dig it up if important). I received a much better navigation experience, DVD/Video playback, and carplay capabilities with the new head unit. What I gave up were: the mini-map on the driver panel and the graphic on the head unit that shows the location of obstacles (if you have sensors on your car). The unit still beeps when an obstacle is detected, but you don't see the graphic of the location of the obstacle anymore. Other than that, all else works perfectly: net-net, I am very happy with the upgrade.
Did you do the work yourself or have a shop do it and also which radio installation dash kit did you use cause I haven't been able to find anything for my car and I own a shop??? Lololol

Old 12-18-2018, 08:00 PM
darkhart is an unknown quantity at this point
Also do you have any pictures???

Old 12-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Here are a couple of photos. I had the head unit professionally installed. The installer also ran an HDMI cable into the middle storage area. Overall, the installation is very clean and looks OEM. The only small issue I have is with the dead space right below the head unit that is a flat black panel.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:31 AM
nmisaiah is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same problem with my radio station changing and want to do the head unit swap. Thanks for posting.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:52 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Was your car burmester car or bose? Any harnesses purchased for the install? Does the car have fiber ring for audio (this would require special harness to get sound from new unit to amp/speakers)?
Thanks.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Dartmouth is on a distinguished road
I'd like to talk to you about your upgrade. CAn you pm me or contact me.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 AM
The car came with the factory Bose installation. The installer did have to order a harness to have the Pioneer installed in the car, but I do not know the details of harness.I also do not know about the fiber ring: sorry.

Last edited by PSPanameraS; 02-03-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: corrected spelling mistake: 'care" -> "car"