Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 03:03 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
New spacers

Just fitted some 15mm spacers and wow... they make such a difference visually! Fit the wheel wells perfectly now and zero rubbing. Well worth the small upgrade...

Before

Before

After

After

Old 12-23-2018, 02:26 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Thats exactly what I got, 15mm on all sides. This dimension appears to let wheels fill up the wells perfectly, without sticking out like on a truck. They allow the car to retain its high value look.
Hope you got longer lug nuts for them. The original size does not leave much room on threads to hold securely. I got black 44mm shank R14 swivel washer, to ensure nothing goes wrong.
Good choice. I bet you did not think 15mm would make such a difference, but after putting wheels on, you were pleasantly surprised.
Looks great.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Thats exactly what I got, 15mm on all sides. This dimension appears to let wheels fill up the wells perfectly, without sticking out like on a truck. They allow the car to retain its high value look.
Hope you got longer lug nuts for them. The original size does not leave much room on threads to hold securely. I got black 44mm shank R14 swivel washer, to ensure nothing goes wrong.
Good choice. I bet you did not think 15mm would make such a difference, but after putting wheels on, you were pleasantly surprised.
Looks great.
Yep, actually got them from suncoast and they came with black extra long lug nuts! Was one of the simplest, but biggest impact things 😊

Old 12-23-2018, 07:45 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great!

Old 12-24-2018, 07:54 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Looking good, it did make a big difference. Changing the lug nuts is the way to go!

Old 12-24-2018, 08:50 AM
Roofmuny is an unknown quantity at this point
I’ve been debating on doing this instead of 22”s because of roads- what brand spacer? What all do I need to purchase, and does 15mm work with lowering springs not air suspension?

Old 12-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Roofmuny
I’ve been debating on doing this instead of 22”s because of roads- what brand spacer? What all do I need to purchase, and does 15mm work with lowering springs not air suspension?
Check out Suncoast Parts - that's where mine came from

I would imagine that springs would end up with similar heights to air suspension... but I am not sure. There is zero rubbing, even at full lock or around bumpy corners. It definitely makes a difference though.

I got my wheels balanced yesterday as well (one was over 1oz off!) as spacers do tend to accentuate any smaller issues like that.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 PM
Kayvan1347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi
did you put spacer on all 4 wheels or just the rear ones?
i looked at sucoast and the diicription says 15 mm spacers is used mostly on the rear wheels.
Thanks

Old 12-24-2018, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kayvan1347
Hi
did you put spacer on all 4 wheels or just the rear ones?
i looked at sucoast and the diicription says 15 mm spacers is used mostly on the rear wheels.
Thanks
I did a fair bit of research before and most go with a staggered approach for other models... 15mm rear, 7mm front. I did 15mm front and back (like ciaka I think, too) and it fits perfectly.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:11 AM
Can you post a few pics so I can see some up close with more detail, they are a bit blurry

Old 12-25-2018, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Roofmuny
Can you post a few pics so I can see some up close with more detail, they are a bit blurry
Sure thing.. will get some up later today!

Old 12-26-2018, 02:42 PM
awesone, can’t wait to see them...hope holiday was great

Old 12-26-2018, 04:42 PM
I am back in for a second wheel balancing... anyone had issues with adding spacers and juddering when at speed? Now I have them on, I am starting to hear some negative stories about cars with spacers.

Are they actually safe to do?

Old 12-27-2018, 08:11 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I have had spacers in other cars with no issues. I would say check that you tightened everything to spec, 96 ft/lbs and tighten by hand.
Hopefully you made sure the hub was clean and clear of any coarse rust so that the hub and the spacer line up with no gaps.
It is recommended that you go back and re-torque everything after driving 60 miles. I think you mentioned getting longer lug nuts so you should be covered in that respect. Good luck, and let us know how it goes...

Old 12-27-2018, 08:16 AM
My work commute is 40 miles each way so I will tighten again when I get back tonight. The tire and alignment dudes last night torqued to specs at 133lb? Seemed like a bit much to me at the time but trusted them. Also wirebrushed the hubs clean and wiped down with cleaner before fitting the spacers.

Either way, will check later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New spacers