Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Panamera Sport Exhaust Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 11:17 PM
dyk01 is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Panamera Sport Exhaust Problem

The exhaust on the car sounds the same whether the sport exhaust is turned on and off. I assume the sound should be different, and what are the possible source of problem and fixes?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:12 AM
970gts is on a distinguished road
There's a vacuum line that moves a valve on the exhaust system to activate/close Sports mode.
Start from exhaust tips back along the exhaust pipe, you should be able to see a vacuum line going into the exhaust system.
It may have simply popped off.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:13 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
If it popped off, you will have sport exhaust all the time. If you just plug hte hoses with a cap to prevent dirt going in, you will have sport exhaust full time without any buttons.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:59 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
I have sport exhaust too, and you really can’t hear the difference in the car. Get someone to sit in the car and hit the button, you should see the servos activate underneath

Old 01-08-2019, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone for their input. I checked the exhaust and the connections. Everything was in order and double checked that the rod to the valve was moving back and forth between the modes. There is a slight difference in sound but barely noticeable in idle. I had the car in for the cam shaft controller fastener recall, and had the dealer take a look, and he says everything is working fine. I guess my sport exhaust does not sound like any one of the youtube videos I have seen/heard.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:58 PM
I was just wondering if the previous owner reprogram the controller because the previous owner was a 60+ old lady with grandkids, and maybe did not want the loud exhaust sound which I see/hear on youtube videos. The service history did indicate that there was a reprogram to the controller.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:16 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
What controller ??!! cam shaft ? or just cam shafts fasteners ?
Valves moving or not - that's all.
Standard sport exhaust you won't see much difference, actually hardly will see when it is idling,
more notable on acceleration.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:28 PM
murci930 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to revive this thread but...
Recently upgraded from a 10 PTT to a 13 PTT. This one has the PSE that is stuck open. I checked the lines and there's a small amount of vacuum from each line, should it be stronger? Maybe the vacuum is clogged or dirty? The arms of for the valves move freely (one more then the other) but i doubt both need replacement.

I want to do the resonator delete on this car as well but want to make sure I can quiet it down if need be first LoL

Old 03-31-2021, 06:30 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Usually it's a leak in the lines, I used duct tape on mine and it worked fine after that as I was too lazy to get new lines.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:37 PM
That's exactly what I will try!

Old 04-20-2021, 03:48 PM
It was the crossover valve. About $50 shipped and sits right behind the exhaust plastics. Part No# is 7PP-906-270.

Old 12-31-2021, 08:20 AM
Rene.qvist is an unknown quantity at this point
When you say behind the exhaust plastics, do you mean in the engine bay, or underneath the rear / backend of the car?

Old 12-31-2021, 09:25 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
The mufflers for exhaust, each have one small vacuum line, that is under the rear bumper trim.
the line us tucked behind the muffler exhaust pipe. If you crawl under the muffler, look at the muffler. You will see the vacuum line connected in two places. Vacuum keeps valve open I believe, switch to sport mode, and vacuum pull stops, making the spring close the valve and making exhaust quieter.
If you want sport exhaust all the time, you cam simply disconnect the small line from one ebd and car will always be in sport mode. But the button will not do anything. Not sure if this will throw any codes or errors.

Originally Posted by Rene.qvist
When you say behind the exhaust plastics, do you mean in the engine bay, or underneath the rear / backend of the car?

Old 01-01-2022, 04:58 AM
Turbovolt is on a distinguished road
No problem with an error code on the instrument panel if you trick the system with a screw, so you keep the sport exhaust at all speeds on your Panamera

Old 01-01-2022, 07:40 AM
Rene.qvist is an unknown quantity at this point
But why??

Why on earth would you go and implement a bush fix on a 100.000$ Porsche?

Anyways, I found it. It sits underneath the rear of the car between the mufflers. Just remove the cover and replace with a new (20$), all it takes is a Torx25

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Panamera Sport Exhaust Problem