Alignment results - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Alignment results

Old 01-12-2019, 07:27 PM
tastefulmod is an unknown quantity at this point
Alignment results

After replacing my front lower control arm bushings I took my panamera in for an alignment and these are the results I got. I am not too sure about the rear right camber. What do you guys think?

Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 AM
ciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of light
If you get a chance to speak to the tech, ask him why he could not get into the range.
Sometimes, the way you put the bolts back on, combined with the holes that the bolts go through not being perfectly same circumference as bolt, gives it possibility of not getting into the needed range.
So what you are seeing is combination of some tolerances adding up to preventing car from having proper camber.
In your case, it looks like the rear passenger tire is cambered (looking from top of tire - top side to the outside more than the bottom of the tire).
What you would need to do is either loosen the lower shock bolt (one going through the lower control arm) loosen the eccentric bolts, then use a rubber mallet to bang on the lower control arm (exterior end/tip of it), to push the control arm in a fraction. You probably wont even notice you did anything. We are talking about fraction of a degree.
Conversely, you can loosen the upper control arm bolts inside engine compartment (both bolts of the arm), and use rubber mallet to bang on the bolt/nut inside engine compartment, to push the upper control arm a bit to outside. Again, you may not notice the movement. Once you have done it, re-aligning should fix the out of range for you.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROPER TIRE PRESSURE IN TIRES AND SET THE SUSPENSION TO COMFORT, THEN DISABLE SUSPENSION DURING ALIGNMENT.

As to your deviation, you are only 0.1˚ off one end of the range, and about 0.35˚ off middle mark in range, so you are drivable, but the closer you get to the ideal, the better for your tires, and the less resistance they will have during driving.
I purchased a lifetime alignment from Firestone for my PTT, and can go there daily if I want, and get alignment at no charge. Cost me about 80 bucks more than the one time deal. Makes sense when you do your own work.
Just fyi.
Here is a pic of what the alignment technology means so you can visualize which measurement is adjusted and how.