Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

yet another "whats my car worth" thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Ringlord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really nice
yet another "whats my car worth" thread

Hey guys! I know it comes up often, but here it goes again.

I'm on the fence about whether I want to sell my car or not...I love it but I'm itching for another platform to play with.

Modded cars are hard to price... I know what a stock(ish) low mileage "this" or high mileage that" sell for, but no idea of something like mine.

Any help would be appreciated.

My car is a black on black 2003 996 turbo tiptronic, with around 85k miles (but in kilometers, as I'm in Montreal).

-fresh paint
-built motor with less than 10k miles on it
-SRM 7163 turbos
-SRM intercoolers and Y pipe with 997 throttle body and big SRM plenum
-fully built tiptronic trans
-350mm brakes
-19" Volks Rays TE37 (stock wheels available as well)
-RWD conversion (AWD parts sitting in my garage, ready to put back on if desired)
-Corbeau Club seats
-custom x-pipe (loud) (stock muffler available for passing inspection if needed)
-Protomotive tune
-over 850whp on 27 psi, pump fuel with meth

of the three 1/4 mile runs I ran, the best is a 10.04@141. This thing would be a true beast on e85 or ms109, but it is a daily driver, runs and drives beautifully as ide from being loud.

It really is surprising, the contrast of how docile it is in my commute vs what a monster it really is.

I understand that tiptronic cars don't have the same value as 6 speed, but the clutch required for such a powerful car would make it not that much fun to be stuck in traffic with... this car is the best of all worlds.

Let me know what you guys think a fair value for it would be...

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2018, 09:53 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like a beast if you did 10.04/141 in the 1/4. Photos of the toy will help a lot plus specs of the motor and trans including the tuner infos. Video or photos of the run is a plus.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:53 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Without photos and before and after photos of the paint job, it will be hard to determine the value.
Built motor would require a lot more information - who built it, parts, specs, etc.

I would think you would be in the $ 40k-45k range.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:35 PM
LambdaCore is infamous around these parts
It's a shame 911 Turbos never fetch what their GT2/3 brothers do. Depending on how many hours were logged on the drag strip or track would also assess value better. You could probably get low 50k range with a PPI and history with good photos.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:19 AM
toddco is infamous around these parts
@Ringlord I just sold mine for ~$50k (see here)

Mine had lower mi/km, but less power and no built motor. If your car is in excellent condition, I'd say low $50s too. In the ad, I'd suggest explaining the process to register in the US, even if it's obvious. I lived in MTL for a couple of years; love that place.

Originally Posted by Ringlord
Let me know what you guys think a fair value for it would be...

Old 07-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Miadragon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Without photos and before and after photos of the paint job, it will be hard to determine the value.
Built motor would require a lot more information - who built it, parts, specs, etc.

I would think you would be in the $ 40k-45k range.
I’m listening at this price point.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Ringlord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really nice
Hey guys, thank you so much for the feedback. Gotcha on all the points that would help value the car. When I'm ready to list, I'll include all that info. At this point, I think I would take $50kusd. Projects are always a loss, except to the buyer! They get all the mods at a fraction of the cost.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:04 PM
And here's a ink to the drag video on my Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1986651741353768&id=21744 3754941251

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-06-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Miadragon

I’m listening at this price point.

Shoot me an email if you're serious!

mike at rombotistuning dot com