Turbo Tom hits the strip (video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Turbo Tom hits the strip (video)

Well firstly let me preface this by pumping up our buddy Sambo...yes again !!

He and I have been working towards this day for some 4 months..working through the stages tune only..then exhaust & headers...then intercoolers..and finally turbos...voila..stage IV

The car started with an 11.07 with tune only...then ran a 10.7 with stage III..and I will admit I was uncomfortable with the results (the way the car acted) after stage IV...it really didn't like to launch and stuttered/stumbled and at times fell on it's face at race launch (more on this later)...but all the time Sam reassured me with constant calls...texts..files and support..endless

So today was the time to eat that damn red Huracan Lambo's lunch (buddy of mine) at the track..

I arrived a lttle late to a private track rental and he was second in line to run so I got a chance to see his run/time +...10.7...exactly as I had bested on my last track day..so I had a good feelin bout this already..heh heh

Weather was brutal for tannning but great for racing for us 4 wheelers..D/A below..quite cold and btw we're at 2200 ft here

My first run oddly was my best and...well..stats tell the rest

Again Sam thanks for the professional support and standing behind your product...the little hic-ups (we had a few...stock ic frames too small...turbos needed tweaking) now seem far in the past

Now what must be done to get into the 9's and that stumble on the streets was simply a traction issue that went away on the track...it shifted snickity snick..yep..just like Sam said it would

Last edited by Nanook; 09-23-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thank you for the kind words as usual buddy. I shared in your excitement for sure! I believe you have the most consistent car I have ever seen. That's a nine second car all day at sea level with dry air or with super sticky tires. Great mile per hour! If we kept playing we could've got you 141-142 but I think you're sitting at around 700hp to the wheels right now. As usual big thanks to my entire supporting team, the guys at Porsche of Edmonton and your faith in everything I told you. You killed it and showed what your car can do. All that and still you can have the goal of getting the Almighty 9!

Post that awesome picture. Love the stripes on the rockers! Thanks for representing the By Design Stage 4!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-23-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Here ya go ready for race day

Old 09-23-2016, 07:24 PM
trader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud of
Very, very impressive. Big congrats. Where you running the 888's?

Almost forgot, what about cats?

Thanks

Last edited by trader247; 09-23-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks Trader..yes..had the r888's on..if anyone is curious they are a very comfortable tire on the street..really quite quiet and would serve daily use on the street perfectly if one wished to do so...there is a modest harmonics at speed and therefore would not bade well as a highway cruiser but around town they fare just fine...now I wouldn't know about the durability,...

Oh yes..catless Kline inconel system / Kline headers

Last edited by Nanook; 09-24-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Funny thing I noticed looking more carefully over the slips..I had the first run slip in the photo in the second position but note the incremental increase in ET time from run 1-5 increasing slightly at each run...we modified the tune after 2 runs I think upping the hp and the car developed a tendency to spin the tires at launch which may have hurt the 60' but the increased power kept the trap speed consistent...so very consistent ..I've never see a car run back to back identical traps (140.41)

Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Man if i wasn't so indolent at the line and could have cut a +- .1 light I'd would (nearly) have my 9.x

Could you leave when the last amber lights without red lighting ?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:40 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Man talk about repetitiveness!!! Sam def knows what he is doing. That trap speed is nutty for that altitude. Normal ellevation, you would be 144-145 trap speed, which is insane for a daily driveable street car. Good stuff, enjoy it fully.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:44 PM
trader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nanook
Man if i wasn't so indolent at the line and could have cut a +- .1 light I'd would (nearly) have my 9.x

Could you leave when the last amber lights without red lighting ?
Unfortunately, I believe the time starts when you cross the line. You could have a 5 second reaction time and you 1/4 time is still the same. The reaction time is strictly when racing as a comparison.

Are you able to use launch control with all that power or are you having to feather the throttle off the line in gears 1 and 2?

Great time. I am thinking about stage 4 too. But, I will Winter drive my car in Lake Tahoe with Winter tires, so, plenty of power until next year.

By the way, are you running straight pipes or cats?

Thanks

Old 09-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Launch control yes....pulls like crazy..Kline inconel,Kline headers,catless,BME,intercoolers and running r888's, VP MS109 tuned with COBB...all the good stuff...oh ya and a pair of Sams hairdryers ��

Last edited by Nanook; 09-23-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:12 PM
Here is a video from a spectator I just received this afternoon running a quick pony car...looks as though he got a little aggressive on the light

Last edited by Nanook; 09-24-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Dude, that is sick....

Are you doing the burn out water pit or driving around it, being as we are all well drive?

Again, congrats....

Old 09-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Not touching any water ..drove around it

Old 09-23-2016, 11:02 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Congrats your car looks mean. Def a 9 sec killer with some seat time and DRs. Your 60' is where you'll find most of it. Upgraded Turbo Stage 4 Cars on Sams bullet proof maps are so fun to drive, consistent and bullet proof. I probably launched 130+ times without one single issue. Is there another 700 rwhp car on the planet this well rounded?

Old 09-24-2016, 05:26 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Impressive.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tom hits the strip (video)