Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

VelocityAP 10th Anniversary Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
VelocityAP 10th Anniversary Sale

November 7th, 2007 VelocityAP was first registered in the United Kingdom. Has been an eventful 10 years with a few different twists along the way, but in the last 3 years since we brought all our tuning in-house, and founded our own dedicated Canadian manufacturing facility things have really accelerated.

We want to thank all our loyal customers for your support over the years, with special 10th Anniversary sale. Until the end of the month, we are offering 30% off on select products from our range. Enter coupon code VAP10YEARS at checkout for the discount to be applied.

• If you don't see them listed below, they are not included in the sale.
  • If you already purchased one of these products during the month of November, please email our team with your order/invoice number and we will issue a store credit for the difference between the sale price and price paid.
  • If items sell out, we will honour the sale price - you will be informed if the item is no longer in stock and an estimated ship date.
Sale Items:
  • Aston Martin DB9/DBS/V12V/Virage/Vanquish/Rapide Secondary Cat Delete Decat Pipes
  • Aston Martin DB9/DBS/Virage/Vanquish/V8 Vantage Progressive Rate Lowering Springs
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2006-2010 200 Cell Sport Catalysts
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage Secondary Decats MY2011-on
  • Aston Martin V8/V12 Vantage Stainless X-Pipe Exhaust 'Sport' Sound Level
  • Aston Martin V8/V12 Vantage Stainless X-Pipe Exhaust 'SuperSport' Sound Level
  • Aston Martin V8/V12 Vantage Stainless X-Pipe Exhaust 'Touring' Sound Level
  • Aston Martin DB9/DBS/Virage/Vanquish Stainless Steel Exhaust 'SuperSport' Sound Level
  • All V8 & V12 Models Performance ECU Tuning
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage Stainless X-Pipe Exhaust Center Section

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-14-2017, 06:08 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Good for you!

That's one serious offer you are promoting! I like the V8V decats a lot. I plan to get another set once I can find a Rapide in New Year.

I took out a Porsche driving instructor in the Vantage and he was amazed by sound and the whole car. Got me thinking maybe I should just keep the Vantage, but I really need more room.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:42 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Stuart,

Wow amazing offer, I was thinking of getting:

I see on your website that you have the graph HP/Tq for the 4.3, would you have it for 2009 Vantage 4.7... You mentioned that a 4.3 could outperform a 4.7 with a complete kit (Headers, 200 Cats, Tunes) I would like to know how a 4.7 would do with 200 Cats and Tunes, thanks.

Francis

Old 11-14-2017, 12:11 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Stuart,

I see on your website that you have the graph HP/Tq for the 4.3, would you have it for 2009 Vantage 4.7... You mentioned that a 4.3 could outperform a 4.7 with a complete kit (Headers, 200 Cats, Tunes) I would like to know how a 4.7 would do with 200 Cats and Tunes, thanks.

Francis

I'm similarly interested in how the tune would perform on a Vantage S, which already has a slightly different map and exhaust for an increase of 10HP over the 4.7.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Stuart,

Francis
Go for it Francis, then you will be able to keep ahead of me LoL
Cheers,
Ryan

Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Batman-76
I'm similarly interested in how the tune would perform on a Vantage S, which already has a slightly different map and exhaust for an increase of 10HP over the 4.7.
The graph below from our website is from a 4.7L, 2013MY Vantage in Australia, produced by a customer without even telling us!!! He went and did his own independent verification. On an 'S' which has 10HP more (about 6-7WHP, the gains are probably in the 24-25WHP region. Plus of course the throttle response, timing smoothing etc.

Discussed in some detail here, with several 4.7L owners reviews: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...pgrades-3.html

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Stuart,

Congratulations! Thank you for your most excellent and honest service! Put me down for one of your tunes! I feel the need to improve my lap times

Best regards!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	516078  
Old 11-14-2017, 03:40 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007V8Vantage
Go for it Francis, then you will be able to keep ahead of me LoL
Cheers,
Ryan
Thanks Ryan... :-) I would love to do it all, headers, cats, x-pipe and tunes and try to get it close to 480hp or so at the crank but funds is split between kids university and vantage... Good think that I have a few weeks to think it over.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:00 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Stuart,

We talked about a tune for my RRS SC 2011 model. It has 80k miles on it. Will the tune possibly endanger the engine further towards the dreaded timing chain things that go bad on these from time to time? If it doesn't affect that at all, in other words doesn't help contribute to that issue making it more likely to happen. I will be in contact about that tune.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Stuart,

We talked about a tune for my RRS SC 2011 model. It has 80k miles on it. Will the tune possibly endanger the engine further towards the dreaded timing chain things that go bad on these from time to time? If it doesn't affect that at all, in other words doesn't help contribute to that issue making it more likely to happen. I will be in contact about that tune.
Those tunes are on sale as well. Hard to say on the timing chain. We haven't seen enough volume on them and kept data to tell you definitively, but it's the tensioners that fail. Being that it is a 2011, I'll presume it has a few miles on it, I would hazard a guess that you're probably in the clear. Most of the tensioner failures I am aware of are the 'premature' type.
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-...ml#post2059385

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Stuart,

The Denso ones aren't quite as responsive as the 2013-on Bosch but we just had a customer dyno an XJ before & after and made 60WHP with the upper pulley + tune so probably around 45WHP from just the tune.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by dutch86
First off, congrats on 10 years, that's great! Here's to another 10!

Thinking about treating myself/my Aston for the holidays. Would you recommend I start with the ECU tune or the 200 cell cats? I only ask about these two as I've heard they are the most bang for your buck. Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks!
Either is a great starting point. As the 200 Cell cats are marginal for efficiency/CEL you might want to start with the tune, that way it's set up for adding the cats later.

The two together represent most of the low hanging fruit for sure.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-14-2017, 05:13 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
ECU tune ordered. Thanks!

Old 11-15-2017, 09:36 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You have a tune for V8V with 200 cell cats, what about those of us with the secondary cats deleted?

Old 11-15-2017, 10:05 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Question - if I went with decats, I'm assuming a CEL will pop up for sensors? Other cars I have decatted, there was usually some sort of "dp fix" either by coding or a piggyback module

Is this a concern on the V8V? I'd rather not drive around with a CEL even though I know the cause

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.