Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 10:31 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Steering wheel

Gents

I want to get my steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara. Had my buddies V12s in my shop for service, really like the look of it. I know Aston makes alcantara steering wheel, but i want to go little thicker. Any referrals? If you have done it, please post photos.

good day
Avo

Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I ordered my wheel from Aston Q about a year ago. It came out really nice, but it is stock in its size. You could try Galpin Auto Sports (GAS). They recovered my Elise steering wheel.
Ron

Old 03-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My last Vantage GT had an alcantara steering wheel - did not like it - I'd try one before you convert.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:13 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
+1 they absorb sweat and oils, unless you wear gloves. You can check DCT MOTOR SPORT they do custom wheels. Buy a used stock wheel and send it to them, if you don't like it you always have the original.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Avo

I have a mate in Poland who does steering wheels for me

He made this to order

very reasonable pricing

I know its not alcantara but he can do that

PM me if you are interested in his details

Graeme

Old 03-16-2018, 03:28 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Graze
Avo

I have a mate in Poland who does steering wheels for me

He made this to order

very reasonable pricing

I know its not alcantara but he can do that

PM me if you are interested in his details

Graeme

Timely post! I bought a second used steering wheel to send off to Poland too! Does the name Tomek ring a bell?

I’m going to have sides wrapped in black perforated leather, top and bottom in black alcantara with red centering stripe at the top. Plus I want to see if he can make it a little thicker. I’m hoping this is the same guy! :-)

Old 03-16-2018, 03:40 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by supraholic

Timely post! I bought a second used steering wheel to send off to Poland too! Does the name Tomek ring a bell?

I’m going to have sides wrapped in black perforated leather, top and bottom in black alcantara with red centering stripe at the top. Plus I want to see if he can make it a little thicker. I’m hoping this is the same guy! :-)
I think that's what i was planning to do, with red stitching & some alcantara some leather. When you get it, please post photos.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:48 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Fair warning, I have a BMW performance wheel in the bimmer which is alcanatara all the way around

it felt great and looked amazing at first, but after a year of wear its noticable “flat” feeling where my hands commonly rest, other parts feel like fresh alcantara

I havent had any issues with maitnenance, keeping it clean, quality, etc. I’ve had a few other friends with alacantara wheels in their 911s and other vehicles have the same issue

just an fyi

Old 03-16-2018, 05:18 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I've used DCT Motorsports for 3 different wheels for my cars and I've been completely satisfied. Did my DBS in leather and piano black to match the rest of the wood interior. You'll also notice a slight change in the shape for a sportier look and feel. I went with carbon / leather and a flat bottom in my Ferrari. I wouldn't hesitate to use Ivan again and I think he's a sponsor here.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Originally Posted by supraholic

guy I dealt with is Kris at Piro design pirodesigno@gmail.com

thats the 3rd wheel he has done for me (2 for Audi RS4's which i wanted a bit thicker etc

very trustworthy, very reliable guy

good luck

Graeme

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-19-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...I have mixed feeling...they look nice but my son bought one for one of his Mustangs...

After a short time, he admitted mistake as others stated ...dirt..oil..wears quicker.... Probably great for weekend car guys...or cars driven just a few thousand miles a year and sit.

Safe driving

​​​​
​​​

Last edited by Aldv; 03-19-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 03-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Are all steering wheels same for Vantage cars? or there multiple variations?

Old 03-19-2018, 03:28 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Gen-1 2006-07 then 2008-up needed for the wheel controls for updated infotainment (Alpine)

Old 03-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Has anyone removed & replaced/painted ring on air bag ? Not sure if it's removable. I'm thinking to paint it black when I get new steering wheel done.