View Poll Results: 6speed redesign
I like 6speed's current design!
24.53%
I like the new design below!
62.54%
I would like to see 6speeds design updated - but not the one below.
12.93%
Voters: 1284. You may not vote on this poll

New site design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:24 AM
ftc61 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I Like Change.

But i go with the flow.
and More PORSCHE'S.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:41 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
I like it but worry that the black will be hard on the eyes.. Maybe stick with blue or do a dark grey instead..

Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
I know many ppl have asked about RUF or member porsches, and just maybe removing the emblem...I assume this is being looked into since there hasn't been a decision on this but it's pretty much the only change needed imo. The current format is nice, so is the proposed one. Agree that black looks cool right now, but might be a tad bit harder to use over time.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
i like the design but can i make a suggestion OT?

would there be a way to make it so when posting via quote, that pictures woulden't show up unless the poster specifically checked a box to display pics in the quoted reply?
its kind of annoying to see the same pics 5X over in a thread for several pages because a post was quoted.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Adrian: Josh makes an EXCELLENT suggestion. Programmers can do anything...this is one suggestion that they should take to heart. It would also cut down on your required storage space since graphics are a space hog.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
I think the new look would be too dark.
I tend to prefer the lighter color format, seems to be easier on the eyes.
(am I getting too old?!)

Old 06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
The new design is nice! By all means, KEEP IT FRESH!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Good idea, I like this....make the forum "by the members for the members".

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
Too bad there wasn't such a way of featuring a member's car each month in that area then?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Porsche might not let you use a "stock" image, but they can't do anything about using customer cars. Why don't you guys tab a section for pic submittals, and rotate them out every week or two. Heck, I might even be able to get a guy who has the largest collection of rare Porsche race cars this side of the factory to let you use a bunch of his. To give you an idea, he is in CA right this very minute doing a worldwide commercial for Porsche with HIS cars....

I think that pic issue is a bigger deal than you guys might think, and it would go a long way to get some "real" cars up there.....Otherwise, layout is fine. Everyone has a nickel to make

Old 06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Good idea, I like this....make the forum "by the members for the members".

Thanks! I think it would be kind of cool. It would give the members something to look forward to each month. They can submit a "picture of the month" or something like that. I think it's cool that they have the gallery pics that rotate, which is kind of the same thing. But to have your picture featured would be great too!

Thanks Admin, for listening to our suggestions! It's a great community and I look forward to being part of it for many, many years!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
IB Staff
IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Midcont
i like the design but can i make a suggestion OT?

would there be a way to make it so when posting via quote, that pictures woulden't show up unless the poster specifically checked a box to display pics in the quoted reply?
its kind of annoying to see the same pics 5X over in a thread for several pages because a post was quoted.
We can't disable images for quotes unfortunately - you can disable all images in posts so they only show as links:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...do=editoptions
Or we can potentially make it so you can individually select to not show quotes, but it will remove the whole quote, not just the images.
Thanks! I think it would be kind of cool. It would give the members something to look forward to each month. They can submit a "picture of the month" or something like that. I think it's cool that they have the gallery pics that rotate, which is kind of the same thing. But to have your picture featured would be great too!
I really like the idea of using members cars, however it does make it hard to integrate them into a clean header design each month, and it is why we have the random photo gallery at the top of the forum page.
I will discuss further with the mods on adding more exposure for members rides though

Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^yeahhh! thanks for considering the idea! and don't worry, if it doesn't work, i still luv you guys even for trying. wink*

Old 06-26-2009, 03:22 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Too bad there wasn't such a way of featuring a member's car each month in that area then?

that's brilliant! what say you 6speed admin?

Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
that's brilliant! what say you 6speed admin?

woohoo! Brilliant is NOT one of those words that I hear very often when describing something I've done! hahaha! I usually hear something along the lines of.....silly....outgoing...fun....high strung.....LOL! Now you've made my day!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
Check into the bulletin software planetporsche.net uses.
It is much slicker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New site design