Private messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Private messages

Hello,

when go to the control panel of my user profile there are grayed out areas that I can not edit. Also members can’t PM me or I can’t PM them. Any suggestions

Thanks

Old 01-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Members with low post counts cannot send or receive private messages...I think the intention was to prevent spam bots from flooding members inboxes...anyway, it looks like you now have enough posts...also, new members will have their posts moderated, which means they must be approved before they can be viewed...thanks for asking

Old 10-23-2020, 01:27 AM
jamal08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it only post count that causes this or are there other reasons

Old 10-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
No, it also requires a few days as a member.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:54 PM
sabotaged is an unknown quantity at this point
I think i’m hitting this as well

Old 12-02-2021, 09:46 PM
Administrator
Visitor messaging is available to all members regardless of number of posts or time on the forum. If you don’t know how to access it check Site FAQ

Old 12-02-2021, 10:12 PM
sabotaged is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Visitor messaging is available to all members regardless of number of posts or time on the forum. If you don’t know how to access it check Site FAQ
if i tap “send message” on your profile i see

vBulletin Message

sabotaged, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Old 12-03-2021, 01:07 AM
Administrator
That has nothing to do with visitor messaging…your post count and possibly your time on the forum will not permit you to send or receive private messages. I agree that a message like that is not really helpful but I guess the programmers entertain themselves in mysterious ways. Look at the FAQ for visitor messaging and you will find a way to communicate with other members until you have been a member long enough and have enough posts.

My Public ProfileWhat is the Public Profile Page?

Every member has a publicly viewable profile page. This page includes information provided by the member, either during the registration process or later on via the User Control Panel.

There are a number of ways to view a member's profile. Whenever you see a member's name, clicking on it will usually take you to view their profile page.

The members list allows you to browse all registered members, and quickly click through to public profiles.

When logged in, you can also view your own public profile by logging into the forums and clicking on your username shown in the header at the top of the page.

You can also go straight to a profile if you know the username of the member by typing in the following into your web browser: http://www.example.com/member.php?username=<username of the member>

What's on the Public Profile Page?

The public profile lists information about the member under the 'About Me' tab. It also includes statistical information, such as the number of posts they have made and their registration date. This information is shown under the 'Statistics' tab.

Other information includes a list of Friends (?), their profile picture (if set by the member), and a list of members who have recently visited the profile page.

A list of the members' albums (?) and social group (?) memberships are also shown.

What are Visitor Messages?

Visitor messages are publicly viewable messages posted on member profile pages. To post a message, click on the 'Visitor messages' tab, and use the form at the top of the section. You will only be able to use certain formatting in these messages, as described underneath the edit box. This message will be viewable by all visitors to this profile, including guest users and search engine robots if the administrator has allowed this. To communicate privately with a member, send a Private Message instead.

Visitor messages can be edited or deleted by site moderators or the member who owns the profile. If you see a visitor message that is not appropriate, you can alert the moderators by clicking on the 'Report' link. The 'View Conversation' link allows you to view all visitor messages between the member and the owner of the profile.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-03-2021 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2021, 05:43 PM
DZtt is an unknown quantity at this point
How many posts do you need to be able to use private messages?

Old 12-21-2021, 08:49 PM
Administrator
It doesn’t just take posts and people who spam to get posts end up banned. It also requires some time (few days). Visitor messaging is available to everyone so new members should take advantage of it. You have plenty of posts and time on the board so you should be able to pm with no problems. However, if you are trying to pm a new member they can’t receive them,

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-21-2021 at 08:52 PM.