Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Chad,

Any updates? Thanks.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Updates:

Slow as usual. Let me explain what I believe is going on. Four years ago right before they were going to dyno the car, they bent all six rods. I had was going to do the internals anyway and had accumulated all the parts (less cams) they told me I needed and paid in advance for the labor.

To make a long story short, the job was more entailed than any of us imagined. I had to rebuy many parts over and they went through more labor than they anticipated. Thus, they are doing the work during times that other work is slow for them. I haven't really been making an issue with this as I undertsand the circumstances.

I guess the good news is I have been told they will get on it this month. We have decided to change the stock size 10 mm EVO head studs to 11 mm studs. This will require boring out the old holes and retapping one mm larger ones. It really isn't much of a change.

This is why I have not had much to report since April 26th. All parts both internal and external are ready for assembly.

Last edited by cjv; 06-07-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Thank you.

As always, all the best.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
You have much more patience than I do, nothing to do with a car is worth any of this

Christian

Old 06-13-2008, 09:09 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
This is what we have decided to add as detailed by Performance Developments. Due to the o-ringing of heads and liners along with our own designed head gasket we needed to do something different with the head studs to keep the heads from moving at 2.4 bar.

Chad,

The following are the costs to do the work required to run the 12.00 mm Heads Studs.

Disassemble the heads. $120.00

Set up case halves, indicate all threaded holes and bore threaded holes larger . $360.00

Tap all bores for 12.00 mm 4h threads. $300.00

Set up Manifoldsand indicate all holes and bore for larger studs. $300.00

Set up Cylinder heads, indicate all holes and bore for larger studs, Counter bore for stepped washers. $576.00

Clean heads. $60.00

Assemble heads. $180.00

12.00 mm Head Stud kit with stepped head washers. $1,692.00

This work can be started immediately. The Stud kits are one week away.

These studs are anchored into the case with larger and courser threads, allowing the greater tensile to be added without stretching the threads in the Case. The stepped washers stop the head from collapsing inward around the stud. Any movement either with the stud or the head will decrease the tensile loading and not put the same amount of clamping force evenly on the head gasket.

Neil

(thanks for the info M42racer)

Last edited by cjv; 06-13-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
updates?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 AM
CLS
CLS will become famous soon enoughCLS will become famous soon enough
So Chad when do you think the motor will be put into the car and the tuning starts!

Old 07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
cjv
Our 12 mm head studs just arrived.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by CLS
So Chad when do you think the motor will be put into the car and the tuning starts!
Craig ..........with the 12 mm head studs we now have all the parts. Heck, I can't think of an original Porsche part in this motor. Rob could do it in two weeks if he gave it his undivided attention, but we all know that won't happen.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 AM
KompressorKev is on a distinguished road
any updates? i love reading about this project!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad. It's time to get the check book out and get the boys working a little faster!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Chad, hope things are progressing smoothly?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 PM
cjv
The motor is being assembled at S Car Go. Waiting for some external motor parts from Protomotive. They shouldn't be much longer. S Car Go will also be installing a full roll cage. Then it will be off to ERP for some additional suspension and wide body work.

Last edited by cjv; 08-22-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
This is GREAT news Chad!!! You can almost see home plate!!! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
The motor is being assembled at S Car Go. Waiting for some external motor parts from Protomotive. They shouldn't be much longer. S Car Go will also be installing a full roll cage. Then it will be off to ERP for some additional suspension and wide body work.

Will the roll cage be built in/hidden a la Ruf's integrated roll cage? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring