Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I can't disagree with your statements and you are right on my friend. Just got an email from Todd K. let's see what happens. Thanks for the support and sorry to deviate from your thread here. Now let's talk about your beast, status please?

Originally Posted by cjv
Art,

Based on past experience you needed to be assembled and testing about 30 days ago. I'd forget about the event as rushing will not render the intended results and worse yet, a mistake could cost you a lot of money and even more time.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
I can't disagree with your statements and you are right on my friend. Just got an email from Todd K. let's see what happens. Thanks for the support and sorry to deviate from your thread here. Now let's talk about your beast, status please?
I just received this checklist e mail from Cary at ERP today.

Suspension

Are we going to stay AWD or convert to RWD?

Extra’s to stay AWD would include rebody of front dampers

Purchase and Install RSR front Cross Member

Install new RSR Uprights (Already purchased)

Purchase and Install New Front Anti Roll Bar Drop links

Purchase and Install New Wheel Bearings

Purchase and Install New Wheel Bearing hold down covers

997 RSR Wheel Hubs Using CGT Center Lock nut and all safety hardware

997 RSR 1 Piece BBS Light Weight Racing wheels 13x18 and 11x 18 for above hubs

New Brake Rotor hats for RSR hubs with special rears to accommodate E Brake

Inspect and make sure you have latest thrust arms and/or other needed ERP bits

Front Lift system

Body Parts,

Front bumper cover
Front Splitter
Front Flares
Rocker Panels
Rear Flares
Rear ¼ Panel Intake scoops
Rear ¼ Panel Intake tubes to intercooler
Rear ¼ Panel Wing extensions
Rear Deck lid
Rear Wing
Under panels (2 pieces)

Install Body Work complete fitment, build all brackets, move Radiators, fit new Intake scoops into ¼ panels, build and install new inner fenders, fit Gas filler opening.

Install Roll Cage remove and replace interior and Dash

Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
I just received this checklist e mail from Cary at ERP today.

Suspension

Are we going to stay AWD or convert to RWD?

Extra’s to stay AWD would include rebody of front dampers

Purchase and Install RSR front Cross Member

Install new RSR Uprights (Already purchased)

Purchase and Install New Front Anti Roll Bar Drop links

Purchase and Install New Wheel Bearings

Purchase and Install New Wheel Bearing hold down covers

997 RSR Wheel Hubs Using CGT Center Lock nut and all safety hardware

997 RSR 1 Piece BBS Light Weight Racing wheels 13x18 and 11x 18 for above hubs

New Brake Rotor hats for RSR hubs with special rears to accommodate E Brake

Inspect and make sure you have latest thrust arms and/or other needed ERP bits

Front Lift system

Body Parts,

Front bumper cover
Front Splitter
Front Flares
Rocker Panels
Rear Flares
Rear ¼ Panel Intake scoops
Rear ¼ Panel Intake tubes to intercooler
Rear ¼ Panel Wing extensions
Rear Deck lid
Rear Wing
Under panels (2 pieces)

Install Body Work complete fitment, build all brackets, move Radiators, fit new Intake scoops into ¼ panels, build and install new inner fenders, fit Gas filler opening.

Install Roll Cage remove and replace interior and Dash
Chad,
You ,my friend, are nuts!But I like it! This will be some kind of car.Keep the heat on everyone involved so it gets finished without anymore delays.I really can't wait to see it done

Old 09-16-2009, 03:27 AM
QTC
QTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of light
Solidworks ??

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by QTC
Solidworks ??

What do you mean by "solidworks."

Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 AM
QTC
QTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of light
the CAD software is solidworks ? isn't it ?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by QTC
the CAD software is solidworks ? isn't it ?
I do not know. Neil Harvey of Performance Developments did the design for the plastic mock up parts.

I'll ask and let you know.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:05 AM
QTC
Originally Posted by cjv
I do not know. Neil Harvey of Performance Developments did the design for the plastic mock up parts.

I'll ask and let you know.
Thanks

Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
cjv
I can't believe tires are the down fall.

I really wanted to keep my AWD. The wide body would utilize BBS center lock 11 x 18" and 13 x 18" wheels.

I cannot find any DOT Racing tires that will fit the wheels and also match up height wise. The largest tires that will match are 275's and 335's however the rims are too big for these tires.

I'm already using 265's and 335's without the wide body. Doesn't make any sense to have the wide body and not be able to get street tires.

The only other option seems to be to eliminate the AWD which I really don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Last edited by cjv; 09-19-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
cjv
The more we dig, the more we find. It looks like we can get some very light five stud wheels that weigh in at at 14 fronts and 15 lbs. rear each. Cary also says we can mix and match 18 and 19" wheels to obtain the correct diameter match for the awd.

This way we will not be able to go with the center lock wheels.

I also received another strange to me suggestion. BMW RSR ABS that will interface with the Porsche ECU for lightening quick braking and no bumping on the peddle when hard braking is involved. More later.

Last edited by cjv; 09-21-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
cjv
I just spoke with Neil from Performance Developments, the mock up was a success this time. Everything is a go. The pistons and rods have been released for production.

The pistons are two weeks away. The rods are three weeks away.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Good news Chad and the best of all is on a Friday

Old 09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
I can't believe tires are the down fall.

I really wanted to keep my AWD. The wide body would utilize BBS center lock 11 x 18" and 13 x 18" wheels.

I cannot find any DOT Racing tires that will fit the wheels and also match up height wise. The largest tires that will match are 275's and 335's however the rims are too big for these tires.

I'm already using 265's and 335's without the wide body. Doesn't make any sense to have the wide body and not be able to get street tires.

The only other option seems to be to eliminate the AWD which I really don't want to do.

Any ideas?
Is it possible to have a 'gear ratio' made for the viscous clutch that connects the front and back?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Zippy
Is it possible to have a 'gear ratio' made for the viscous clutch that connects the front and back?
Mike,

I don't see how considering the room available. Only about 5% of the total power is transfered up front. Handling wise it does.t allow you to throw the tail , however on faster tracks handling is better.

I understand the 997tt power transfer is superior to the 996tt's. We are looking at that now.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad, I was suggesting a step-up or step-down gear setup in the viscous clutch to allow for different outer diameter front and rear tires. Perhaps you understood what I was trying yo get at in my prior post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring