6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tuning/Modifications (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications-27/)
-   -   KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications/1112-ka-memory-my-mom-vincee-best-friend-michael-j-maring.html)

cjv 12-13-2004 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Zippy
Wow! Those look radically modified! Have you (are you planning on) trying Kevin's coating? Given your current gearing, what is the 'optimal' RPM range for your turobs?
Mike,

To my knowledge, Kevin's coating is designed to be used with K16's. I may be wrong. In addition, his turbo's really shine at lower rpm's. My current motor is designed to have peak power @ 8100 rpm's. Due to the cam, the power band will be similar to the GT3. The difference being approx. three times the power available on tap. It will have nitrous assist between 3100 and 5000 rpm's when activated to help spool the turbo's.

Zippy 12-14-2004 11:11 PM

Chad, I can't wait to see a clip of your car! Mabey you should have the video camera out the next time you open her up for a test drive?

cjv 12-16-2004 07:48 AM

Zippy,

The current schedule calls for the tuning to be complete in late February. Then we will have another six weeks involved in extending the fenders. :)

sharkster 12-17-2004 02:40 PM

heya chad I see you're using .50 A/R too:)

cjv 12-17-2004 11:14 PM

Originally posted by sharkster
heya chad I see you're using .50 A/R too:)
sharky,

Does your compression side look like these? How about your hot side? ;)

sharkster 12-19-2004 04:11 AM

Originally posted by cjv
sharky,

Does your compression side look like these? How about your hot side? ;)

Hehe nopes;) Not quite... How much did porting out that hot side K24 actually help? Interesting idea...

cjv 12-19-2004 07:55 AM

Originally posted by sharkster
Hehe nopes;) Not quite... How much did porting out that hot side K24 actually help? Interesting idea...
I don't know other than to say the developed power bent all six rods. ;)

cjv 12-19-2004 08:03 AM

While S Cargo Go was assembling the motor we took a little detour. :) The tranny has already been re worked with all six gears (Guard Transmissions), steel syncro's (Porsche MS) in all gears, coated gears (by HP Coatings) and an oil cooler (S Car Go Racing). Yesterday we installed a Porsche MS 40% posi traction set up. It comes in different percentages, however I was advised not to exceed 40%.

I never really realized all the turbo's out there don't have posi traction. Can you imagine all this developed power and letting your rear wheels slip? I all fairness, I learned about the availability of posi traction from Todd @ EVO.

I'll see if I can get some pics. :)

03-turbo911 12-19-2004 12:53 PM

Manthay racing offer an LSD for the 996turbo. I don't know if it's compatible with the PSM so, again, you'd be the first to go there. Interested in the results.:)

cjv 12-19-2004 02:40 PM

Originally posted by 03-turbo911
Manthay racing offer an LSD for the 996turbo. I don't know if it's compatible with the PSM so, again, you'd be the first to go there. Interested in the results.:)
03-turbo911,

Thanks for the credit, but it belongs to Todd @ EVO, He has already been there. I guess I will be the next one to follow in this case.

My understanding is it is compatible with the PSM as long as you don't exceed the 40% option. It is my understanding
this is the same percentage used in the Cup Cars.:D I'll be able to give a first hand report in February when this project is finished.

cjv 12-23-2004 11:01 PM

I still haven't received the pics yet. Hope to have them by tomorrow. I will have some pics showing stock compared to the Motorsport unit. From what I have been told the stock unit is a gear unit while the Motorsport Posi Traction unit is a hydralic unit.

This Posi Traction should make a big difference in acceleration times, especially in first and second gear. :)

HotRodGuy 12-24-2004 12:28 AM

Man this project has gone far and beyond what I think your original intentions were :D

cjv 12-24-2004 06:48 PM

I spoke with Todd @ EVO today. They are just about complete with the the induction system from the throttle body to the GT3 Cup heads. They will be shipping the system to us on January 3, 2005.

cjv 12-24-2004 07:24 PM

Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
Man this project has gone far and beyond what I think your original intentions were :D
Well ............. our original intention was 500 rwhp. :o

cjv 12-24-2004 08:23 PM

Above is the pic of the intake EVO adapted/machined for the GT3 Cup heads. Here is a pic of the splitter that connects to the same throttle body. This splitter was manufactured by S Car Go and was for the stock turbo heads. The stock Porsche splitter looks like the S Car Go splitter ........ only smaller and made of plastic with no blade in the interior.

http://www.986host.com/albums/DUANEB/chadtb_14.jpg

The EVO intake will flow far more air. :D Another plus is the elimination of hose connections and the resulting boost leaks.:)