6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tuning/Modifications (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications-27/)
-   -   KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications/1112-ka-memory-my-mom-vincee-best-friend-michael-j-maring.html)

cjv 12-31-2004 10:29 PM

Originally posted by 03-turbo911
Don't think of it as bad info cjv. At this stage, we are all trying to learn what works and what doesn't. How about you get in touch with Olaf Manthay? If you could have a chat with him, you can ask him the reason that makes them use the 60% LSD instead of the 40%-60% unit that you have. At least you'll be talking to an expert in this field who could provide you with what you need to know.
03-turbo911,

I will try to contact Manthey through e-mail and see if he will share any information about the Posi Traction percentages. However, I'm afraid I'm committed to the 40-60 unit because I already have it. I do understand Porsche Motorsports makes three units. Each with a different percentage.

cjv 12-31-2004 10:51 PM

I spoke with Rob @ S Car Go today. We currently have all the major parts with one exception. The EVOMS intake/injector blocks from the throttle body to the heads. I spoke with Todd @ EVOMS a few days ago and he says this part will be shipped on January 3rd. :D The motor should start coming together pretty fast now. :)

We do have one other thing we are looking into. The head studs. Up to now we we looking at the higher grade head studs sold by EVOMS. I believe Todd @ EVOMS has proven his studs will take boost levels of 1.7-1.8 bar. We are also looking at the idea of making slightly larger head studs also made of a higher grade metal.

The idea is to make a stud 2 mm wider. The heads have the room, however we are measuring and checking the case to determine if it will accept the larger studs. Should have an answer next week. This mod has been performed on older Porsche racing cases. Does anyone have any experience with using larger head studs on the 996tt case/GT3 or turbo heads? If larger studs could be used, this would definitely help hold down the heads when pushng higher boost levels. :cool:

cjv 01-02-2005 09:14 PM

Next week the motor will be mocked up with the new cams to determine how much the Woosner pistons will need to be fly cut. Once this is determined the pistons will be sent out for this machine work.

When they are returned, the pistons, valve springs, turbo hot side housings and the headers will be sent to High Performance Coating.

The final assembly of the motor should start around January 21st. :D

03-turbo911 01-02-2005 10:58 PM

Good luck. :)

Zippy 01-10-2005 07:28 PM

LSD?

cjv 01-10-2005 09:00 PM

Originally posted by Zippy
LSD?
No Zippy, here is the LSD.
http://www.986host.com/albums/DUANEB...f122704_02.jpg

The mystery part is part of the drivetrain on an awd car.

fasteddiett 01-10-2005 09:07 PM

cv joint

cjv 01-10-2005 09:11 PM

Originally posted by fasteddiett
cv joint
:D :D :D :D I guess it was named in my honor. :o

fasteddiett 01-10-2005 09:20 PM

I was going to say cj vointhilarious

cjv 01-11-2005 08:09 AM

Originally posted by fasteddiett
I was going to say cj vointhilarious
;)

teflon 01-12-2005 05:14 PM

cjv,

Did that come from Cartridge?

Greg A

cjv 01-13-2005 08:36 AM

Originally posted by teflon
cjv,

Did that come from Cartridge?

Greg A

Greg,

No, they are not from Cartridge or are they? I believe they are from S Car Go Racing. I will have to explore this a little more. Can you get me a little information on Cartridge. :cool:

teflon 01-14-2005 11:06 AM

cjv,

Sure, I'd love to give you a detailed report on Cartridge and all of their wonderful, exotic products...only, I can't. This fella named Robert is very secretive and I think you know somebody (not me) who can get that info for you. ;) I do know that a lot of their parts might be found on certain ALMS and Grand-AM 911s.

Greg A

cjv 01-14-2005 05:37 PM

If you guys didn't think I was crazy before ............ you will definitely know I am now. hilarious Recently we bought a new older style 996tt case. It was aligned bored, shuffle pinned and boat tailed. Well, we decided not to use the case after all. We purchased a new "ribbed" or "reinforced" style 996tt case. Going to send it out to be aligned bored, shuffle pinned and then we are going to boat tail it. This will probably set us back two weeks. Porsche reinforced these cases for a reason. With the power we are going to be making, we just didn't want to take any chances. :o

Will post some additional pics soon to show both cases when the work is finished.

In addition we received the intake from EVOMS today. Pics to follow soon.

cjv 01-14-2005 05:47 PM

Originally posted by teflon
cjv,

Sure, I'd love to give you a detailed report on Cartridge and all of their wonderful, exotic products...only, I can't. This fella named Robert is very secretive and I think you know somebody (not me) who can get that info for you. ;) I do know that a lot of their parts might be found on certain ALMS and Grand-AM 911s.

Greg A

Is this the Cartridge out of England who makes many F1 parts?