worst experience with a west side shop

Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 PM
nemex12 will become famous soon enough
worst experience with a west side shop

Hi, I'm a member of m3post, zpost, e60.net, gtboard and luxury4play with the same nick I am using here. thing is that I'm having the worst experience I've had with an aftermarket seller in my life and he's located in the west side so I thought maybe I could get some input from the local guys as I'm from Florida and if things continue as they are, warn guys about this kind of shop. I contacted this reputable shop in LA in may to buy a couple of leather parts for my car and their rep told me he would take 3 days to ship the parts so I called him and gave him my credit information so he charged me for 500 bucks. three day passed and I contacted him asking about shipping information and he told me that it would take a couple of days more so I waited and the same thing happened. well, long story short, several months have passed and after hundreds of messages I've sent (from which the majority were't answered) he always wants a little more time so I asked for a refund and he told me he was going to give me a full refund and as compensation he was going to give me the parts I asked for which I though was a good way of saving his reputation as a good seller. thing is that I asked for a deadline that he could fulfill and he gave me one for the money and one after a couple of weeks for the parts. the deadline for the money arrived and he could't make it so he asked for me to wait until next day, after several mails next day all of which he replied telling me not to worry that he was going to send me the money that day, he only sent me 200 bucks trough paypal (from which paypal took like 30 bucks) and asked for me to wait as he was going to send me the rest of the money the same day. well, he didn't send it and I went the extra mile and gave him a couple of days as I didn't want to be so intransigent but the days went by and he didn't appear so I think that this must go public so everyone knows who they are dealing with. he sent me 200 bucks more after a couple of days and asked for more time to send the parts but more than a month has passed and he only answers one of 10 messages. I've been pretty understanding but what I really hate is that the guy keeps telling me not to worry that he is sending the rest of the money and the parts and he doesn't which is a pretty obvious lack of respect for his customers. I'm thinking of going to the Better Business Bureau and make his company name public as he hasn't answered my last mails but don't know if I should give him a little more time. what do you fellow enthusiasts thinks? sorry to make this kind of first post but you can check me out in the other forums I mentioned so you can confirm I'm legit.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear that. You can dispute the charge with your card co.
Do share the company name.
PM me if you are not ready to post.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I already sent an email giving him a last chance to send me the rest of the money and the parts or I'll tell everybody his company name. he told me about two months ago that he would send me the parts and give me back my money but he hasn't so I told him that I need him to make everything right or I'll just go public. I don't want to ruin his rep as it's a very well known company which I'm sure you've heard of but if he doesn't make this right I'll let everybody know who he is. I'll wait until tomorrow and let everybody know.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
ok, I told the guy that I started a thread and yesterday he sent me 140 which should cove rthe difference plus some of the paypal charges. the guy is Anthony Salazar, the manager of topstitch in LA and this is his webpage http://www.topstitchupholstery.net/.
I would be more than happy if you call him and ask him about everything I've told in this thread just so you hear his side of the story as he can't deny anything I've said.
I've been more than reasonable as I don't think any of you would've waited almost 5 months just to get a refund and never got to offend the manager of the shop you're dealing with.
btw, he told me he would still send the parts as a way of compensation but I won't hold my breath as I sent him a mail asking for a deadline and he didn't answer, and I obviously reckon that if he haven't make some parts that take 3 days to make in 5 months then it doesn't sound like he will make em now that he returned the money, but if he does, I will be the first to acknowledge compensation as it would make things right.
I gotta admit that the guy never lost his temper and wrote back mails in a decent manner, but what I find offensive is that he almost never wrote back-to the point that i had to send several times the same mail- and when he did, it was to give me excuses and promises that he didn't fulfill.
I know that some of you may have heard excellent things about this shop, so did I, to the point that I took my business to them eve though I'm very far away, but what I found was an experience completely different-in the worst way- to what I was expecting according to it's reputation.I made this thread as I think that people in this forums should know what happened as the guy is an sponsor here. take care guys

Old 08-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Herbert Phillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Apologies for reviving a dead thread, but Anthony Salazar of Top Stitch Upholstery defrauded my dealership of $2,500.

I wish that I had read the original poster's message 1st.

Salazar is advertising on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/anthonytopstitch/?hl=en

His page looks great...but be warned, the guy is a total fraud and will steal your money.

We ordered a g500 leather kit...paid him by wire. We received nothing...just lies

Old 11-13-2019, 11:10 AM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Guys - a point to consider: Credit cards have time limits for disputing a charge. I learned this the hard way when I got burened on a twin plug purchase long ago. It's important to be aware of what your restrictions are so you don't end up being a nice guy and waiting.. and waiting only to discover that you have timed out of having an alternative. Stay safe out there!