Sponsored by:

Step Lip Wheel Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM
vago5150 is on a distinguished road
Step Lip Wheel Design

Question for all the board members:

If there was a wheel manufacturer that introduced a new three piece wheel line with standard contour barrels (step lip), how inclined would you be to purchase them over HRE's if the the styles looked good and the price was less than HRE? Just wondering...

Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vago5150
Question for all the board members:

If there was a wheel manufacturer that introduced a new three piece wheel line with standard contour barrels (step lip), how inclined would you be to purchase them over HRE's if the the styles looked good and the price was less than HRE? Just wondering...
Show us your stuff. We are all from Missouri.

Best way to find out.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
GATO is on a distinguished road
a true 3 piece with a true steplip is hard to find these days....it would be nice to see.

I'm looking for new wheels designs that have the old rivet/steplips you see on wheels like, OZ futura,BBS,carline ect....

Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
HREMarc is on a distinguished road
540 Series...

Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
I want that one, and that one, and.. Nice!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 AM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
I like these too. If/When available, will/can the barrel come chromed/polished like the lip?
Like 2, 3 and 8 with 8 being my fav - love to see picts on a black 997 TT Cab --- but also know that's a lot to ask.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned
HREMarc is on a distinguished road
With stepped lip wheels you can get the inner barrel in polished or chrome. These wheels have been avaliable for years. Contact Guy at HRE at 760-597-2003 or at guya@hrewheels.com and he will send you some pictures.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Marc,
What about the C20 series, C90 series and C80?

Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
WOW those are really nice, how much for a set for a 997 NB?

Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
WOW those are really nice, how much for a set for a 997 NB?
For which model wheel?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I have a set of 3 piece step lips on mine........

Last edited by Brando; 10-15-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Brando, I love those, do you have more pics? Where did you get them?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Wow Brando, I love those, do you have more pics? Where did you get them?
3 piece Turbo P's made by RH Alurad Germany.

GMP in Charlotte NC is the distributor.

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ID=186184&VS=1

Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 AM
ATL
Nice, thanks!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Kumas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SaintlySins
I like these too. If/When available, will/can the barrel come chromed/polished like the lip?
Like 2, 3 and 8 with 8 being my fav - love to see picts on a black 997 TT Cab --- but also know that's a lot to ask.
Not a great pic, but here's my 996TT with HRE's. HRE's are the best.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Step Lip Wheel Design