Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Rivets On A 2-Piece Wheel....Any Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Danger Granger is on a distinguished road
Changing Rivets On A 2-Piece Wheel....Any Advice?

Ok so I have some 2-piece 24'' wheels on my Tahoe but the rivets on them started to rust for some reason. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on replacing the rivets. I already got the the new rivets from the company as well as the torque spec required, but I was wondering if I needed to replace them in a star pattern like you would with lug nuts or if it would be ok to take all the rivets off so that way I could clean the wheels up really good while I am at it and just use the new rivets when I put em back together. Also, if anyone had any input on why they may have rusted in the first place would be helpful. My lug nuts have a tendency to rust as well.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 AM
all the wheel guys on here and nobody has anything for me???

Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
To begin with, they aren't rivets. Second, I would contact the manufacturer to have them refurb, if possible. I certainly wouldn't consider this a DYI project.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
hmm i'll look into sending them off but i dont see why i cant do it on my own just so long as i tourque the rivets/bolts/screws/whatever else you wanna call em to the proper specifications. i am mostly curious about the order in which to replace them if it even matters, which i have a feeling it does.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Rennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud of
You can do it yourself just be carefull some "rivet" replacements are sometimes thiner than the original and when you put them together the lips slide off ..
If u want to do it yourself it have to be very carefull
cause sometimes the inners and outers have to be on the dot
if not when u put it on a balancing machine you will see a hop ..
Email me ur email address and ill send you some pictures of my guys putting a wheel together

Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Rennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud ofRennen Modular has much to be proud of
But if u got the rivets from the same company as the wheels there you should be good money ... Put all the rivets in and tourque afterwards.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
excellent, thank you donz. that was the type of input i was looking for. i did in fact get them directly from the wheel manufacturer. one more question, do i take out all the old ones and then put in the new ones or should i take out an old one and replace it with a new one and so on? oh and my e-mail is terrible_one_721@yahoo.com. thanks!