996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

need help code p1124 p1126

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 PM
SKY213 is on a distinguished road
need help code p1124 p1126

Hi.
P1124& p1126 it is failure the AOS? I just replace the o2 Senser after reset the cel driver like 10 min the cel come back on !
After start again idle was down & up!
Please help thx !!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 PM
jacabean is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SKY213
Hi.
P1124& p1126 it is failure the AOS? I just replace the o2 Senser after reset the cel driver like 10 min the cel come back on !
After start again idle was down & up!
Please help thx !!
check your MAF

Old 12-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by jacabean
check your MAF
Thanks will check it out!!
Replace maf ready but the CEL still on!!!

Last edited by SKY213; 12-07-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:31 AM
mikes_996 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like the AOS... Those were my codes..

Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by mikes_996
Sounds like the AOS... Those were my codes..
But my mechanic say maybe air leak because driving
Or step on gas don't see any blue somke come out !!
Did you repair yet?? If yes ! How much for your cost??

Thanks

Old 12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
AOS is always a possibility. The engine does not have to emit any smoke for the AOS to be going bad. I drove my Boxster 2K miles with what proved to be a going bad AOS with it generating error codes that had me suspecting the MAF (I do not recall now the codes) but the 3rd day when I started the engine first thing and the smoke then started billowing I knew what was wrong.

Also, I replaced a perfectly good MAF after misdiagnosing a bad MAF for what turned out to be a leaking oil filler tube cap. At roughly 80K miles later the replacement MAF eventually failed and I installed the original MAF and it worked just fine and continues to work just fine to this day.

While I have had the AOS replaced in my Boxster 2 times now I can't recall what it cost. Even if I could remember the cost the cost has probably gone up since then because the 1st time was back in early 2004 and while I can't recall the 2nd time it was probably 4 or 5 years later, back in say 2008 or 2009.

So, you'll have to call around and get quotes.

If the AOS is suspected you should not delay getting it taken care of. The AOS can deteriorate to the point oil is ingested by the engine and in severe cases this can hydraulically lock the engine and ruin it. Even if it doesn't the oil can ruin the O2 sensors and converters. The latter are over $1K/side to replace.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Macster
AOS is always a possibility. The engine does not have to emit any smoke for the AOS to be going bad. I drove my Boxster 2K miles with what proved to be a going bad AOS with it generating error codes that had me suspecting the MAF (I do not recall now the codes) but the 3rd day when I started the engine first thing and the smoke then started billowing I knew what was wrong.

Also, I replaced a perfectly good MAF after misdiagnosing a bad MAF for what turned out to be a leaking oil filler tube cap. At roughly 80K miles later the replacement MAF eventually failed and I installed the original MAF and it worked just fine and continues to work just fine to this day.

While I have had the AOS replaced in my Boxster 2 times now I can't recall what it cost. Even if I could remember the cost the cost has probably gone up since then because the 1st time was back in early 2004 and while I can't recall the 2nd time it was probably 4 or 5 years later, back in say 2008 or 2009.

So, you'll have to call around and get quotes.

If the AOS is suspected you should not delay getting it taken care of. The AOS can deteriorate to the point oil is ingested by the engine and in severe cases this can hydraulically lock the engine and ruin it. Even if it doesn't the oil can ruin the O2 sensors and converters. The latter are over $1K/side to replace.
Thanks for info.
also I did it change the oil cap TB seal my TB and TB tube dont have
any oil on TB or TB tube !my fual pressur is good !! I drivthe car can't feel any difference like normal

Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Sounds like it could be your fuel air mixture could be too lean.
Possible causes: intake system leak; fuel pressure too low; fuel injectors contaminated; volume supply of fuel pump too low.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:58 PM
mikes_996 is on a distinguished road
I actually changed the AOS on my boxster myself. Not too bad and cost of the part is like $120. On the 996 its a bit more work to get it out without slightly dropping the engine. When I got it changed on the 996 I did it when I changed my clutch and IMS to save on labor. To have that done was about $2800 at flintworks in campbell..

Old 12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Well, P1124 & p1126...

P1124 - Oxygen sensing adaptation Range 1 (Cylinders 1-3) at enrichment limit.
P1126 - Oxygen sensing adaptation Range 2 (Cylinders 4-6) at enrichment limit.

The engine is running lean, so lean the DME has reached its enrichment limit.

Under diagnosis conditions I note RPM are below 880.

Possible causes: intake system leaking. Could be an AOS, but could be a cracked/split oil filler tube or a leak at the intake manifold...these generally do not leak out of the blue -- there are exceptions -- so I have to ask what have you done or had done to the car recently?

Fuel pressure too low. How's the fuel filter? Been changed in your memory?

Fuel injectors contaminated? Did you fill up with crummy gas at a station that hadn't had a tanker delivery truck deliver fresh fuel since Elvis was thin?

Low fuel supply. Is the fuel tank low? Is the fuel level trustworthy?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Macster
Well, P1124 & p1126...

P1124 - Oxygen sensing adaptation Range 1 (Cylinders 1-3) at enrichment limit.
P1126 - Oxygen sensing adaptation Range 2 (Cylinders 4-6) at enrichment limit.

The engine is running lean, so lean the DME has reached its enrichment limit.

Under diagnosis conditions I note RPM are below 880

Possible causes: intake system leaking. Could be an AOS, but could be a cracked/split oil filler tube or a leak at the intake manifold...these generally do not leak out of the blue -- there are exceptions -- so I have to ask what have you done or had done to the car recently?

Fuel pressure too low. How's the fuel filter? Been changed in your memory?

Fuel injectors contaminated? Did you fill up with crummy gas at a station that hadn't had a tanker delivery truck deliver fresh fuel since Elvis was thin?

Low fuel supply. Is the fuel tank low? Is the fuel level trustworthy?
Hi
Before only had p1124 but don't know why after change 02 sensor and starter
The CEL have both code on p1124 p1126?
Here is what I did

New oil filter
New fuel filter
New MAF
New oil filter neck
New starter
New tb seal
New. Oil cap
New o2 sensor

Also the fuel Gage always going to full level, so slow
Some time just go half level and stop but i fill up for
Full tank!!

Have any one know,how much for repair this problem? (P1124 & P1126)
Like Porsche dealer or Indy mechanic shop in bay area?
Thank you

Last edited by SKY213; 12-12-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Well, since I'm not at all sure what's going on I can't offer any guess as to what it will cost to put right.

But you want the problem diagnosed.

There are a number of dealers in the bay area. I live in Livermore and use Livermore Porsche but i have used Rector in Burlingame, Fletcher Jones in Fremont, Stead in Walnut Creek, and the dealer on Stevens Creek in Santa Clara.

There is a dealer (Carlsen) in Redwood City (IIRC) that I have not used. No reason other than I just never had the opportunity. Oh, and Sonnen in Mill Valley. Just never get up that way. (I've used the Sacramento, Fresno, OKC, Wichita KS, Merriam KS, Springfield MO dealers too at various times over the years.)

Old 12-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much master!!
I will send to dealer to fix this problem!!
Because I can't find where is leaking air!!

Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Intake air leaks can be tough to find. Where the intake fits to the heads; the throttle body connects to the intake; where the intake hose connects to the throttle body; the oil tube filler cap; the oil filler tube; the AOS and these have a number of places they can leak, not all obvious. There are some hoses that can come loose -- usually knocked loose when some one works on the car -- or they can crack/split from age. I was taught to check the vacuum hoses - with the engine idling -- by lifting the hose up at where it connected as the hoses most often develop a crack underneath where the fit over the connector and see if the engine reacted.

When cars were simpler I used to use aerosol carb cleaner spraying at various leak candidate areas and noting how the engine reacted. Nowadays the engine compartment is too packed to do that.