Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New to AMV8 - Wheels swap, questions, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:07 PM
illmatic127 is on a distinguished road
New to AMV8 - Wheels swap, questions, etc

Hello - I'm new to Aston Martin, bought a 2007 AMV8 with 13K miles past summer, so far loving the car. Although have not been driving it much, currently has 14K miles. Have some questions and any feedback/input is greatly appreciated!

The car came with these wheels, I'm looking to trade with OEM 19" wheels or perhaps other after market wheels. If anyone is interested on swapping with stock wheels, I'm located in Los Angeles.

Question - How do you connect phone to bluetooth? I've tried pairing it and see the blue light blinking but have no luck so far. Any articles out there that have more info on this?

Also, any recommended indy shop in LA area with reasonable prices for regular maintenance? ie. Oil Change, etc.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8217 (1).JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	433928   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8216.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	931.5 KB
ID:	433929  
Old 11-29-2015, 08:11 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
I'm just about to put some new wheels on my 07 V8V. May be interested in selling my stockers to you. They've got Michelin PSS with around 3k miles on them (excellent tread). PM me an offer.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:32 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Looks nice.

My Bluetooth is all voice activated and I had to read the manual to get it to pair properly. Once it is paired, it works great. Hope this helps. Sounds like some people can have issues with IPhones. My android worked first time.

Press bottom left button on steering wheel (Phone symbol). Car will say something such as "Command Mode" - then you say "Pair Phone" - car will say "Do you want to Pair Phone" - say - Yes.

Put the phone Bluetooth into search mode.
Tell the car - Pair phone
Car tells you to put phone into search mode and then type 1 2 3 4 as the bluetooth code.
Phone will see the car - will list as Aston Martin. Put code in
It will then fail! Car says pairing failed.
But you now have the iphone recognising the Aston Martin bluetooth, so on the phone, select "Aston Martin" on the bluetooth menu. It will bring up the boxes to put in the passcode. Put in 1 2 3 4, but do NOT press pair on the phone yet.
Tell the car - pair phone. Then immediatley press the Pair button (top right) on the phone.
Should then pair straght away.
Checked and phone is always then recognised on startup

(from pistonheads)