Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lord help me... I have Gremlins!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 PM
xcracer is on a distinguished road
Lord help me... I have Gremlins!

Its not the classic car that we all desire that I am referring too, but my 2003 Cayenne is doing or not doing a bunch of odd stuff and I could use some advice.
1. No air blowing out of the center dash vent. The other fronts work great.
2. No air out of the rear vents.
3. Neither of the heated front seats heat. All other controls work on them. I checked every fuse on both fuse boxes on each side of the dash. They were all fine.
4. My bose, cd, stereo, poweramp gave me an error message and didnt work this morn.. Screen came and showed a radio station but no sound. Let it sit all day, works now but the song that it says it is playing on the radio is stuck on "slash". I did a #1,4,8 reset and no change.
5. Batt was dead were it would not start one day but has been fine since.

Everyday it is something new. Will keep the post updated as more happens.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:34 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Get a new battery.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:00 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I was gonna say get the battery checked too. If it's low it can do strange things.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:55 AM
I have 2 of them. Which one would be causing the problems?

Old 05-09-2015, 10:12 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by xcracer
I have 2 of them. Which one would be causing the problems?

Well I could be wrong because mine only has one but isn't the second one in back and easier to get to? If so I'd start there. But...the main battery is probably a more likely suspect. It's a pain to get to under the driver's seat though.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Easy.. check the codes with either a Durametric or PIWIS and troubleshoot from there. If you are not good with diagnostics, then take it to a indy mechanic or dealer.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:19 PM
I didn't know how in depth the Durametric would get. From some reading it didn't seem like it would tell me much. If it could help me with stuff like the vent problem I will order one tomorrow!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:46 PM
battery

You guys are correct! My under-the-seat battery is bad. 10 volts when not running and obviously will not pass a load test. It will start and run just fine though so rear batt is hanging in there. Does anyone know of the part # for the front batt on the 2003? The auto parts store just lists one batt and I don't want to get it home and apart to find that it is wrong. I have googled like crazy and have had no luck. Thanks!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:08 PM
When mine went dead I didn't have much of a chance. It was Sunday and the only place open just happened to have one in stock so I bought what they had. Personally I prefer Interstate batteries if I have a choice but I just took the battery in to the parts place and they gave me the replacement one. $150 or so. It's a big honkin battery.

Sorry I know that doesn't help much but if they say it will fit it should work.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Sams club shows the same batt for 03 to 08 for 120 bux. they don't say anything about 2 Batts for the 03. They had no clue if the aux batt was the same or not and no one seems to.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Update. The sams club batt will fit under the seat. It is quite a bit larger than the interstate batt recommended. Batt replacement fixed my radio and no start issue. Problems 1,2,3 are still there. Will a durametric diagnose vent and seat issues?