Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Professional Detailing DB9 for the 1st time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 07:34 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Professional Detailing DB9 for the 1st time

I didn't notice any swirl marks etc on my 2015 DB9. I was thinking of getting the car professionally washed and waxed. Thinking of getting clay bar done too. But the detailer uses NanoSkin skin (http://www.nanoskinusa.com/products/...em/as-006.html) instead of traditional clay bar and then applies paint sealant. I think clay bar is ok. But NanoSkin, polishing, paint sealant .. are all these required and safe to use ? Appreciate any suggestions.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, 100% safe. I use both clay and the clay 'alternatives'. Sometimes when claying or decontaminating a vehicle, minor marring can be introduced to the paint finish. Also, some of the 'scratches/swirls/marring' may only be seen under certain light and conditions. It doesn't mean that they aren't there! Have your detailer show you the imperfections. This is one of the reasons why the 'polish' stage of the detail is necessary. Sealants can be thought of as a synthetic wax that last much longer than a traditional carnauba wax.

All of what you posted is 100% safe and a great start to keeping your new vehicle's paint looking great for many years!

Post up some pictures after you get it done!

I hope this helps you!

Old 05-25-2015, 02:08 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for your reply. I am worried about introducing swirl marks and don't want to lose originality with paint correction. So just doing wash and wax. I insisted no pressure wash. Even though they tried to convince me referring M3 to Ferrari, I said no to pressure wash.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
If the proper wash and maintenance techniques are used, there are little concerns for introducing any swirl marks. If there are any swirl marks/light scratches and you want them removed, do not think that a professional doing paint correction will degrade your vehicles paint condition/originality...if anything it will improve it!

As far as the psi wash goes, I know of a few people who swear by it and others that are not too keen on the idea. I DO psi wash vehicles, however I do not use a high PSI industrial machine on them, I use a 'lower' psi machine mostly to use my foam cannon with. If used properly, there is little chance of damage. However, I understand your concern and feel that it is a noble request...one that shows you do indeed care for your vehicle!

Keep us posted and put up some pics of that Aston!

Old 05-26-2015, 04:47 AM
Washed and waxed. Did plastic bag test and noticed clay barring is not required at this time. Moreover I had Expel paint protection film applied and noticed it is peeling off in some places. Planning to get it replaced and do clay barring at that time. Here are some pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7743.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	420916   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7744.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	420917   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7745.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	420918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7746.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	420919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7747.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	420920  

Old 05-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Nice foam bath! Man! That is one great looking car! Outstanding! The silver just pops!!! What color interior?

Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Obsidian Black with Red Stitching

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5630.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	420957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5631.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	420958  
Old 05-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Very nice! Love that color combo...and that stitching!