Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

My Decision to change my Gallardo TT System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Ripper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud of
Exclamation My Decision to change my Gallardo TT System

Last edited by Ripper02; 06-01-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Ripper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud ofRipper02 has much to be proud of

Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM

Old 10-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Last edited by Ripper02; 06-01-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Old 10-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Old 10-25-2008, 03:37 PM
SCARY is on a distinguished road
I'm convinced!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Broadway Performance is on a distinguished road
UGR setup is nice. I'd still do a few things a little different. I'm actually nitpicking. Even though the UGR car has an electronic boost controller, the Greddy Profec B is on the lower end of EBC's. I haven't had much luck on long term reliablity and performance with them. I'd rather have a TurboSmart E-boost, or an HKS EVC6 boost controller. I'd also have SS braided 3an or 4an vacuum lines with nice fittings, instead of rubber vacuum lines with zip ties under the hood. I'd also rather have the Tial 44mm bandclamp WG's than the old Tial WG's with flanges. Other than that, the UGR system looks great!

I know UGR kits make 1000+ HP. Isn't there a bunch of Heffner cars making a 1000+ HP as well?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Gorgeous car and UGR set up. Nice work.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:26 AM
yimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud ofyimmy has much to be proud of
I cant believe they were using that boost controller. You could make one of those with parts from the hardware store for a dollar. You should look into geting a gear based boost controller. The UGR setup looks....

Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 AM
James PA is on a distinguished road
Is that 848whp and 600ft-lbs of torque? Or two different runs? I've never seen a dyno show both as 'hp'...

And your pictures make a pretty convincing argument. I don't know the specifics of your current setup, or even the company (although there are only so many, so I can guess), but the UGR setup looks like extra thought was put into the design.

The exhaust, intercooler and turbos all look like they were made and finished to a much higher quality. Certainly something I would expect when you look at both the price tag of the car, and the entrance fee for these kits. If this were a DIY job on a civic or 325iS, I would understand, but otherwise it looks like 'Company A' could have done a little more to have the kit reflect the quality of the car.

However, I suppose the most important thing is the quality of the experience, the final HP and the drivability, but I'm sure you'll fill us in when you have the UGR setup installed.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 AM
HIGHPSI is on a distinguished road
Good post/comparison Ripper your going to love your new setup. Your decision to switch was a no brainer.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
KRAZYPSI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yimmy
I cant believe they were using that boost controller. You could make one of those with parts from the hardware store for a dollar. You should look into geting a gear based boost controller. The UGR setup looks....
You think that's bad, I just read Jason Heffner asked people to lie and cover up the truth about all the problems his TT Gallardo built cars are having. Bottom line here...friends DON'T ask friends to lie for them. That guy really does need to get his act together.

Originally Posted by Ripper02
As I might have expected, Jason has decided to kill the messenger instead of addressing the message. He posted this response to my thread over at Lambo Power where he has total control of the board content. Any attempt to respond over there is pointless as they have already changed my screen name to mock me and will not allow the truth to be stated. I am bringing Jason's response over here to Viper Alley as this site will allow a free and open exchange. I welcome Jason to reappear here and defend the attacks he has made publicly on my integrity. Jason's response is first listed in it's total and then again with my responses to Jason's post appearing within his comments as red text.
Originally Posted by JASON HEFFNER
Wow Jerry! I am astonished by the lack of integrity you have conducted yourself with since becoming affiliated with UR. I really have no interest in an Internet brawl but there are a few facts worth mentioning here.
1. You had the very first 1000 horsepower version of our twin turbo system. When we set out to build a system that produced 1000 horsepower we took the time to size all of the components properly for the purpose intended such as injectors, turbos, fuel pumps and intercooler. Your car went together and exceeded the goals that we set out to accomplish. Your friend Chris picked the car up from our shop and drove the car straight from Florida to Texas. After that you had the pleasure of driving the car for several thousand more miles without issue aside from a clutch that you killed at the drag strip which was purely driver error. During the entirety of your experience with our system you expressed nothing but happiness with the system that we provided you with.
2. Automotive technology is an ever evolving beast. Since you took delivery of your car there are a number of technological advancements that have become available to the tuner world. Since your build there have been several new developments and options made available as well as several changes made to the system in an effort to make the system more powerful while maintaining if not increasing the reliability. Some of the changes since your build include a redesigned water tank, upgraded wastegates, a more advanced boost control system, a number of different muffler options to suit each customer's desire and different turbos just to name a few.
3. You note that your boost controller was located in a position that made it difficult to change boost levels aside from the switch that allows you to switch between race gas and pump gas. This is by design. Prior to this build you had already displayed your willingness to operate a boost controller in an irresponsible manner. Making it difficult for you to access the boost controller was part of an effort to prevent you from making adjustments in your own garage that may damage your engine. Unbelievably enough you decided to start turning up the boost on your own anyhow. Once you turned up the boost and the engine management system began to cut fuel which is a safety feature to prevent you from over boosting your engine, what did you do? You called Kevin at Underground who was more than happy to walk you through the process of eliminating the boost cut feature so you were then able to run as much boost as you desired. Why wouldn't he? If he helped you damage your engine it only makes me look bad, right?
4. When your car was originally delivered to you it was making between 12.5 and 13.0 psi. Since then you have taken the car to your friends dyno, turned up the boost and then bragged to myself and several other forum members that your car was making nearly 1000 rwhp and that you observed safe air / fuel ratios. Now that you have an agenda you have changed your statement regarding power levels and air / fuel ratios to suit your needs.
5. Regarding your comparison photos of different pieces of piping and such, will you be so kind as to post pictures of your Underground piping once you have put several thousand miles on them so we can see if they still retain their showroom shine? My guess is that unless someone has located a batch of magic polish they will be discolored from heat like any other piece of stainless steel tubing would.
6. I think it is worth noting that to date you have enjoyed ZERO trouble free miles behind the wheel of your Underground TT Gallardo that you praise so much. The car that we built for you has more road miles on it with the turbo system than every turbo Gallardo ever built by all other tuners combined. Every piece of these cars has it's own limits to what it will handle through time. To believe that the components of these cars will survive for any significant period of time making triple the power they were intended to endure is nothing short of asinine. Does your two year warranty cover your transmission, halfshafts, differentials and chassis? My guess is no. Well, these are the areas that are most likely to be damaged by zipping around with 1200+ rwhp. I have seen it on other cars and Gallardos are certainly not impervious to breakage. Please let us know how exciting it is the first time you have to tow your car to the repair shop to have a new thirty thousand dollar transmission installed.
7. I thank you for posting the video and dyno sheets that you did. They do an excellent job of displaying what can happen when inexperienced car enthusiasts such as yourself decide to take tuning into their own hands. The last time you decided to turn up the boost in your garage, did you take the car to the dyno and verify that it was safe or did you just crank the boost **** and let it fly? (you don't have to answer that, we both already know the answer.)
We at Heffner Performance, Inc. are strongly committed to fulfilling the desires of our customers. They are who make us what we are. To date our fleet of over twenty twin turbo Gallardos has cumulatively logged over one hundred thousand miles on the road in numerous different countries. We are witnessing a step in an evolutionary process and ultimately speaking, we will not be outdone. There are many who will not be happy about what the not so distant future will reveal.
I hope you are happy with your car once it is completed though you should be ashamed of how you have conducted yourself in recent times.
My responses now appearing in red.
Wow Jerry! I am astonished by the lack of integrity you have conducted yourself with since becoming affiliated with UR. I really have no interest in an Internet brawl but there are a few facts worth mentioning here.
Wow Jason! I am astonished to see you actually posting under your own screen name for a change. It's nice to have you out in the open carrying your own mail. My conduct has nothing to do with my association with UR. My association with UR is the result of realizing what a poor job you did with the system on my Gallardo as evidenced by the damage you inflicted on my $160,000 car. I'm not the first customer or friend you have tossed under the bus after daring to not be satisfied with your product and service and I know I won't be the last. It was not my intention to make this an unrestricted airing of all my problems with your service but since you have taken to trashing me in every regard, let's get the truth out there.

1. You had the very first 1000 horsepower version of our twin turbo system.
[color=#22229c]My car never made 1000 horsepower and you know it. To this date despite repeated request, you have yet to give me a dyno sheet on my Gallardo build.
When we set out to build a system that produced 1000 horsepower we took the time to size all of the components properly for the purpose intended such as injectors, turbos, fuel pumps and intercooler. Your car went together and exceeded the goals that we set out to accomplish.
Wrong again Jason. As you can see by the dyno graph in this thread, my car runs out of fuel well before approaching 1000 horsepower.

Your friend Chris picked the car up from our shop and drove the car straight from Florida to Texas. After that you had the pleasure of driving the car for several thousand more miles without issue aside from a clutch that you killed at the drag strip which was purely driver error.
Yes I have burned clutch due to driver error, you in turn have destroyed a customer's car due to driver's error so forgive me if I consider myself to trail you in that category.
During the entirety of your experience with our system you expressed nothing but happiness with the system that we provided you with.
My car as delivered to me in Texas had the boost turned down from where you demonstrated it to me in Florida. I assumed you do that to avoid any warranty issues by running the cars in a detuned fashion. I haven't been totally happy and you know that. In fact one of the reasons I have decided to go with another tuner was getting tired of you not responding to the issues I had with your build.
2. Automotive technology is an ever evolving beast. Since you took delivery of your car there are a number of technological advancements that have become available to the tuner world. Since your build there have been several new developments and options made available as well as several changes made to the system in an effort to make the system more powerful while maintaining if not increasing the reliability. Some of the changes since your build include a redesigned water tank, upgraded wastegates, a more advanced boost control system, a number of different muffler options to suit each customer's desire and different turbos just to name a few. Did you stop using rats to chew holes in the customer's trunk to route the cooling tank hoses? Did you stop using electrical tape on wires integrating the AEM into the system? Did you buy a hole saw from Harbor Freight instead of using a hack saw to disfigure the fuel cover plate assembly in order to route electrical wires across a jagged piece of metal? Did you stop using the pit boy at the Tune and Lube to build your ice tanks in his off hours? If so that's great to hear because what you put on my car doesn't belong on a dune buggy let alone a Gallardo.

3. You note that your boost controller was located in a position that made it difficult to change boost levels aside from the switch that allows you to switch between race gas and pump gas. This is by design. Prior to this build you had already displayed your willingness to operate a boost controller in an irresponsible manner.Wanting more power is irresponsible? I just wanted the power here in Texas that you showed me in Florida and I didn't get it. Making it difficult for you to access the boost controller was part of an effort to prevent you from making adjustments in your own garage that may damage your engine. Unbelievably enough you decided to start turning up the boost on your own anyhow.The car you delivered back to me was set at 12 pounds of boost, far lower and making far less horsepower than when you demonstrated it to me in Florida. Once you turned up the boost and the engine management system began to cut fuel which is a safety feature to prevent you from over boosting your engine, what did you do? You called Kevin at Underground who was more than happy to walk you through the process of eliminating the boost cut feature so you were then able to run as much boost as you desired. Why wouldn't he? If he helped you damage your engine it only makes me look bad, right? What makes you look bad Jason is the pictures I posted in this thread that display for anyone to see what the level of quality and design went into my $60,000 build. You should be ashamed but shame is something your ego will never allow.
4. When your car was originally delivered to you it was making between 12.5 and 13.0 psi. Since then you have taken the car to your friends dyno, turned up the boost and then bragged to myself and several other forum members that your car was making nearly 1000 rwhp and that you observed safe air / fuel ratios. Now that you have an agenda you have changed your statement regarding power levels and air / fuel ratios to suit your needs. I am guilty of assuming that by turning up the boost to 17psi that my car was making 1000 horsepower as you lead me to believe. I was wrong to say that it did because I never did see those numbers on the dyno. Again the fuel system you installed on my car, the used stock Viper injectors, is not capable of 1,000 hp.

5. Regarding your comparison photos of different pieces of piping and such, will you be so kind as to post pictures of your Underground piping once you have put several thousand miles on them so we can see if they still retain their showroom shine? My guess is that unless someone has located a batch of magic polish they will be discolored from heat like any other piece of stainless steel tubing would.. If all you saw looking at those pictures was shine then you really are in denial. I know that's what you have been telling all your existing customer's and having them parrot all over the internet but the pictures tell a very different story. Look again at the butchered up job you did to my car. Do you really think that any of the UR build is going to look like any your stuff after any amount of miles?
6. I think it is worth noting that to date you have enjoyed ZERO trouble free miles behind the wheel of your Underground TT Gallardo that you praise so much. The car that we built for you has more road miles on it with the turbo system than every turbo Gallardo ever built by all other tuners combined.No it doesn't. Doug Levin has several Gallardos on the road. Every piece of these cars has it's own limits to what it will handle through time. To believe that the components of these cars will survive for any significant period of time making triple the power they were intended to endure is nothing short of asinine.What is asinine is your telling customers that "it's all the Gallardo can handle" as an excuse to build a mediocre car.Does your two year warranty cover your transmission, halfshafts, differentials and chassis? My guess is no. Well, these are the areas that are most likely to be damaged by zipping around with 1200+ rwhp. I have seen it on other cars and Gallardos are certainly not impervious to breakage. Please let us know how exciting it is the first time you have to tow your car to the repair shop to have a new thirty thousand dollar transmission installed. This is something you have never understood. The customer determined his threshold for cost when turning up the wick, not you.
7. I thank you for posting the video and dyno sheets that you did. They do an excellent job of displaying what can happen when inexperienced car enthusiasts such as yourself decide to take tuning into their own hands. The last time you decided to turn up the boost in your garage, did you take the car to the dyno and verify that it was safe or did you just crank the boost **** and let it fly? (you don't have to answer that, we both already know the answer.)I damaged my own car, owned up to it and had it fixed. I screw up I admit it, you should try the technique. Why don't you tell us about how you handled the insurance recovery on the customer's car you wrecked due to your own inexperience. Do you want to own up to that one?
We at Heffner Performance, Inc. are strongly committed to fulfilling the desires of our customers.I left you because you failed in this with me.They are who make us what we are. To date our fleet of over twenty twin turbo Gallardos has cumulatively logged over one hundred thousand miles on the road in numerous different countries.You should be more forthright about the problems your cars have had instead of calling people on the phone and asking them to lie for you in covering up those problems. You asked me to lie on the Torquemonster thread and foolishly I did. I am apologizing to the forum right here for having done so. We are witnessing a step in an evolutionary process and ultimately speaking, we will not be outdone.Outdone is inadequate in describing what has been done to you with the UR build. That is precisely why you came out of hiding with this post instead of using the moderators at Lambo Power to do your dirty work. You have been owned, look again at the pictures and drop your silly position that the UR cars aren't proven.There are many who will not be happy about what the not so distant future will reveal.

I hope you are happy with your car once it is completed though you should be ashamed of how you have conducted yourself in recent times.You don't hope I'm happy with anything so stop with the phony public well wishes. Since I announced my decision to upgrade my car you have done everything you can to discredit me as a customer. If there is shame to be acknowledged here, it's you who should wear it for trashing me and for hacking up my car as you did. As I mentioned earlier, it's not a part of who you are and I accept that. The truth has set me free and it's a feeling I expect you will never experience

Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!
The difference between two systems are night and day. The UGR parts looks like they belong on a Gallardo. The other parts look like a quick hacked job. Looking at the two ICs and the injectors alone tells the whole story.
Good choice to have your car re-done by UGR....Make sure you post the results.

Last edited by vincentdds; 10-27-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
Hey Ripper good writeup and comparison on your old and new. Did you have to rebuild/resleeve the old engine and block? Or was the previous Heffner block/engine work sufficient?, I did not see pics of the engine teardown and rebuild, hope you are happy with the results! cheers..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Decision to change my Gallardo TT System