Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

My ISF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 12:22 PM
5th Ace is on a distinguished road
My ISF

Hi guys.

Longtime ClubLexus member. P-car might be next on the list (not to mention another possible candidate) so I found it fitting to join 6speed.

Absolutely love the F and do not know how I am going to part with it when it's time to upgrade...maybe I won't upgrade but rather add to the stable-- wishful thinking indeed!
There's not much of an aftermarket for the car. Performance mods are limited to headers and exhaust (maybe an intake elbow and filter, but that's just engine bling and placebo). Toyota/Lexus ECU has yet to be cracked, and a standalone on the ISF is not feasible at this time. Regardless, the car pulls off ~475 hp at the crank.
It's just an absolute joy to drive. Besides its weight (~3750 lbs), it oversteers under hard turning. The V8 sounds intoxicating. The transmission shifts fast (didn't notice a difference in time between upshifts on the ISF vs. a 997.2 TT pdk). The ride is stiff and a bit harsh but has been smoothed up a bit by KW V3.
It has american muscle grunt and is able to handle curves well.
Hope to contribute to and absorb what this forum has to offer!
Cheers.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:59 AM
fastcar is on a distinguished road
what a car................

Old 11-15-2014, 07:06 PM
htran16 is on a distinguished road
I really like your diffuser and exhaust tips. Looks way better than the stock.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:42 AM
keyser_soze has a spectacular aura aboutkeyser_soze has a spectacular aura about
Hey bro - super nice ISF. very clean and nice choice of modifications. I am retired from foruming. But couldn't help to not post on this one. When you say 475 crank how you coming up with that? I own an 05 STi which made 527 Whp on the Cobb SoCal Mustang Dyno and also own a bone stock IS-F. Even though I really made on a specific dyno certain WHP I'm reserved to share it as dynos read differently or are calibrated differently. Further deducing crank HP from dyno opens a whole another can of worms...

Again nice car but just curious how you came up with your power numbers.

Happy new year bruh.

Last edited by keyser_soze; 01-04-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by keyser_soze
Hey bro - super nice ISF. very clean and nice choice of modifications. I am retired from foruming. But couldn't help to not post on this one. When you say 475 crank how you coming up with that? I own an 05 STi which made 527 Whp on the Cobb SoCal Mustang Dyno and also own a bone stock IS-F. Even though I really made on a specific dyno certain WHP I'm reserved to share it as dynos read differently or are calibrated differently. Further deducing crank HP from dyno opens a whole another can of worms...

Again nice car but just curious how you came up with your power numbers.

Happy new year bruh.
Hello and thank you! Historically, ISFs with headers and exhaust dyno 390-420whp. Factor in a 15-20% drivetrain loss and you'd be nearing 500 crank hp. I mentioned 475 hp as a low, ballpark figure, and because I have yet to dyno the car for a concrete figure.

Happy new year to you as well.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by fastcar
what a car................
Thank you for the kind words.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by htran16
I really like your diffuser and exhaust tips. Looks way better than the stock.
I also don't receive "fake" exhaust tip comments

Old 01-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
great looking F! Love that blue and agree with the compliments of the rear of your car vs. the stock set-up

I have an IS as my daily - it's a nice car but would love to have the power of the F!!

Old 01-25-2015, 01:57 AM
keyser_soze has a spectacular aura aboutkeyser_soze has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 5th Ace
Hello and thank you! Historically, ISFs with headers and exhaust dyno 390-420whp. Factor in a 15-20% drivetrain loss and you'd be nearing 500 crank hp. I mentioned 475 hp as a low, ballpark figure, and because I have yet to dyno the car for a concrete figure.

Happy new year to you as well.
fair enough

have you thought about spraying? I only seen one guy on youtube with an isf on a bottle ~ I had no idea the car can make close to 400 Wheel with just headers & intake. I've swearn to myself I'll keep mine stock but...I know i'm lying to myself haha

Old 01-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Kricci
great looking F! Love that blue and agree with the compliments of the rear of your car vs. the stock set-up

I have an IS as my daily - it's a nice car but would love to have the power of the F!!
Thanks. Tbh, the ISF makes for a great daily (assuming you don't go exhaust crazy and adopt a track-oriented suspension).
The 08s have a pretty stiff/harsh ride stock, but for the '11+ Lexus figured out how to soften up the ride as well as make it more precise. They succeeded very well as the '11 ISF lapped ~9 seconds faster than the '08, which is substantial.
Beauty of a P-car you have

Old 01-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by keyser_soze
fair enough

have you thought about spraying? I only seen one guy on youtube with an isf on a bottle ~ I had no idea the car can make close to 400 Wheel with just headers & intake. I've swearn to myself I'll keep mine stock but...I know i'm lying to myself haha
Yes, I've thought about spraying. I guess you can call it conservative (but nitrous can't be considered conservative huh ) but I would never surpass a 100 shot. The car shines at highway rolls, and with a 100 shot, it'll be hard to get used to.
Headers = ~40whp
Exhaust = ~20whp
Stock is 350-360whp
With 100 shot these cars peak 500whp and 450wtq. Best part: no notable long term/short term reliability issues (as long as you stay with 100 shot, spray away).
I'd definitely recommend it, and do not cheap out on supporting safety mods for your nitrous setup as well.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:22 AM
BRoget is on a distinguished road
Great looking ISF, absolutely stunning!