996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SWEET! Went to a research event today - possibly the new Porsche Sedan designs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
SWEET! Went to a research event today - possibly the new Porsche Sedan designs

I was invited to this research event today and got to see what I am convinced is the 4-door Porsche sedan/crossover. We looked at pricing, engines, configurations, and 3 exterior designs. Looks fantastic - can't say much more as I"m sure my agreement stated I was unable to do so, but hopefully my input is going to bring this thing to being - it is sweet. Not like the photoshopped elongated 911 that you have seen on the web as of late - it's really sweet.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
I went to the same research event last sunday and the porsche crossover was the best!!! I was surprised at the level of security they had over there.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
No pictures for us laymen

How did you get invited to a reaserch event?

Old 02-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
No photos - they didn't even let us take our phones in with us! We were invited because of our Audi A6 Avant purchase, as I believe that was one of their target vehicles in this research. 3 engine choices, some cool interior features, and what I hope makes it to production in a certain door design. Looks like I know what will be the next 'family car'.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:16 PM
AeroTT is on a distinguished road
I am definitely interested in what Porsche has to offer in the sedan market... Bring it on! Watch out AMG and M!

Old 02-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Geoffrey is on a distinguished road
There was photo in Road and Track of a 2 door 2+2 coupe with the Cayenne engine. Really a 575M and Aston Martin competitor and a replacement of a 928. Looked pretty cool.

Old 02-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Banned for Eternity
Originally posted by Geoffrey
There was photo in Road and Track of a 2 door 2+2 coupe with the Cayenne engine. Really a 575M and Aston Martin competitor and a replacement of a 928. Looked pretty cool.
Post a photo - I'll tell you if it is close.

Old 02-08-2004, 04:49 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
Someone at this same event posted at another board that this 4 door Porsche looked like a supersized BMW Z3 Coupe -i.e., 911ish front and wagon/hatch - like rear half .

Old 02-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool, what forum?

Old 02-09-2004, 04:46 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I hate the Z3 coupe...ugly!!

Old 02-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Banned for Eternity
It doesn't look like the Z3 coupe! He's probably narrowly remembering the one of three sample shots that showed Bangle taillamps, which I think they threw in there to get a reaction, as they were clearly straight off the new 5-series and unlike anything Porsche ever did.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Geoffrey is on a distinguished road
It is in this month's Road and Track which I didn't buy when I was looking at news stand. The car really looked good, very much like the Ferrari 456GT replacement. It looks like a GT car rather than a sports car.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
This is really interesting.

Porsche headhunting Audi customers for their opinion.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Banned for Eternity
Yeah, and they didn't realize I was also a Porsche customer - they also had the MB CLS Vision there, which I recognized immediately. Anyway, I think they are targeting German SUV and wagon buyers as well as buyers of the large sedans (7-series, S-class, etc.) as I saw those shown as well.

It is like a GT, only a 4-door GT.

Old 02-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Banned for Eternity
I checked out this month's Road and Track and the shots there are nothing at all like the vehicle I saw at this research thingie. It's hard to describe, but what they showed in R&T is just a modern 928 with Cayenne headlights - the vehicle that I am assuming they will be producing is much more GT, and has 4 doors, and from the interior features shots, appears that the doors open opposite one another, like an extended cab on a pickup or like the Saturn 'coupe' with the extra little door.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SWEET! Went to a research event today - possibly the new Porsche Sedan designs