Is it worth to get a turbo s over a turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AJag
Obviously what someone considers "soul" is very subjective, but in all likelihood if you didn't like the 991 C4S, you won't like the turbo. It'll basically be a faster, better handling (RWS) version of that. Why not get a 430 w/ an extended warranty? Or a scud for a few bucks more? Don't get me wrong, Astons are great looking and sounding cars, but you're giving up a lot of performance for that. And seeing that grill on all the new fords would drive me insane if I drove an Aston!
I didn't like the c4s because it was so slow. I like that it was very comfortable and felt extremely solid. So a turbo would rectify my issues with it. How much is an extended warranty on a 430?

Or a gallardo? Since the gallardo are slightly cheaper plus I hear from those years they were more reliable. I know if I buy a used gallardo or 430 and something breaks and I have to pay for it I'll hate exotics forever lol. So how do their warranties work and how much are they?

Yes I really hate the fushions have the same grill as the aston and yes I am giving up a lot of performance for the looks and sound and materials. But that vantage S was pretty fast. Maybe because I am just way better with an automatic than a manual. I mean I could go fast with that aston and do things I would never do in my current car.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:54 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
i didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if i'm being repetitious, but if you're spending $160,000 on a car, an extra $30,000 shouldn't mean that much. if it does, maybe reevaluate if you can really afford the car. i agree with the other comments suggesting that if i pulled up next to an S in my non-S, i'd be disappointed and wish i'd went with the S. not logical, but true for me.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:56 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
i didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if i'm being repetitious, but if you're spending $160,000 on a car, an extra $30,000 shouldn't mean that much. if it does, maybe reevaluate if you can really afford the car. i agree with the other comments suggesting that if i pulled up next to an S in my non-S, i'd be disappointed and wish i'd went with the S. not logical, but true for me.

lol. 30k is a lot. It is exactly me doing the opposite of what you just said that I can afford this car.

People have budgets and sticking to them is what keeps money in the bank. Yes I can afford that extra 400-500 dollar a month for the turbo S if I really want to but then but do I want to pay it? No. I'm comfortable at 155k.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Darth GF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedsterr
lol. 30k is a lot. It is exactly me doing the opposite of what you just said that I can afford this car.

People have budgets and sticking to them is what keeps money in the bank. Yes I can afford that extra 400-500 dollar a month for the turbo S if I really want to but then but do I want to pay it? No. I'm comfortable at 155k.
Yep I agree with that. 30k$ is alot more. Like 20%more. That's a lot for a few hp that the aftermarket will give you anyway (for around 1000$). If you don't need the bells and whistles the TTS comes with, why pay for it?

If someone is so wealthy that 30k$ is "nothing", then yes by all means, get the TTS. But I suspect that many of the filthy rich crowd wouldn't pay 30k$ more for features they don't need. Probably the reason they're filthy rich...

The investor in me can't shake the idea that 30k$ in TSLA in june would now be worth 100k$, or almost enough to buy a GT3 outright...

Old 09-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Darth GF
Yep I agree with that. 30k$ is alot more. Like 20%more. That's a lot for a few hp that the aftermarket will give you anyway (for around 1000$). If you don't need the bells and whistles the TTS comes with, why pay for it?

If someone is so wealthy that 30k$ is "nothing", then yes by all means, get the TTS. But I suspect that many of the filthy rich crowd wouldn't pay 30k$ more for features they don't need. Probably the reason they're filthy rich...

The investor in me can't shake the idea that 30k$ in TSLA in june would now be worth 100k$, or almost enough to buy a GT3 outright...
Omg don't talk about tesla right now. I had 20k in there and sold it way too soon and I've been kicking myself in the *** for 3 months now lol.

But yes you are exactly right. Rich people are rich because they know how to spend and not waste their money.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Darth GF is on a distinguished road
Omg don't talk about tesla right now. I had 20k in there and sold it way too soon and I've been kicking myself in the *** for 3 months now lol.

But yes you are exactly right. Rich people are rich because they know how to spend and not waste their money.
TSLA has been my nightware since that wednesday morning in april when I was about to empty my investing money into TSLA and decided for AMBA instead... Now everyone go buy some GoPro so AMBA can triple in the next couple months...

Old 09-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Darth GF
TSLA has been my nightware since that wednesday morning in april when I was about to empty my investing money into TSLA and decided for AMBA instead... Now everyone go buy some GoPro so AMBA can triple in the next couple months...
It isn't doing bad.

FB and deck are starting to get momentum. And I'd buy netflix on a pull back. Same with apple. When it went back down to 398 I was thinking of pulling the trigger but all my money was in TSLA.

Anyways back to the car discussion. Still waiting for someone to tell me how much an aftermarket warranty for a gallardo is.

I was looking at used ferraris and I'm not paying 150k for a 2005 f430.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:52 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light

okay well there you go. you're financing it. not sure about most markets but i know my porsche/audi dealer said 90% of the deals they do are cash buyers. so i think of most things from that perspective. if you're putting up $150,000 cash on a car, chances are another $30,000 isn't going to kill you. but if you're working from a monthly budget, yes, the difference on a recurring monthly basis is substantial.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
okay well there you go. you're financing it. not sure about most markets but i know my porsche/audi dealer said 90% of the deals they do are cash buyers. so i think of most things from that perspective. if you're putting up $150,000 cash on a car, chances are another $30,000 isn't going to kill you. but if you're working from a monthly budget, yes, the difference on a recurring monthly basis is substantial.
Yea I'm working from a monthly budget. Though I'm putting 100k as the down payment.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aamersa
I have owned the 458 for just 3 weeks

As far as power goes, I took it out with a friend who drove his 997 turbo. I can say that I could keep up with him during a very high blast drive, but it's not like I could kill the turbo. But the 458 offers a much more emotional drive, and that is the main difference, plus show off attention getting extreme looks. It also consumes more gas.
1) Sounds awesome.

2) Not clear here. Keeping up is indicating to me your 458 can't get past the TT least of all "kill" it anywhere. I was hoping to hear that the 458 had the TTS's measure in every situation and them some. I do realise most driving is done under 120kph these days so the car needs to be quick from zero onward and comparable in in-gear acceleration. How do you rate it vs the TT in that area?

I don't see much emotion in the car.
This one has me. Are you serious?
I've driven a lot of cars in my day and the key thing that has kept me in a Porsche the past 18 years is not only the cars phenomenal ability but the emotion it stirs every time i turn the key and take it out. To say it has less "emotion" that an Aston or a Viper is a huge call imho. Are you sure you have driven a Porsche?

Originally Posted by aamersa
Porsche does make clinical, no-nonsense killer machines, which some may consider cold. The ferrari ceo for example compared german cars to freezers (though more reliable). But that is probably unfair. The most emotional car porsche produces is the GT3, and well worth considering if you can handle its fixed racer boy spoiler and are willing to give up some luxury comforts.

Otherwise if looking for a more emotional experience, you may look at ferrari, lambo or reluctantly even aston.
I've never heard anyone say a Porsche is a cold car to drive. Maybe understandable for a competitor to say that in a bid to gain the upper hand in making a sale but that'd be it....but i would question the intentions of anyone making that remark. I would suspect many Ferraris would have more emotion than a PT in the sense of engine sound, higher RPM limit, and general linearity of the naturally aspirated engine however this is basically the start and finish of the emotional edge unless of course you are adding into the equation the sense of occasion the car creates. Mind you a GT3 is up there in the former sense but so is a Boxster S and a 911S....but without the same sense of occasion that a F car would turn of course.

But yea most german cars have no soul. I mean the carrera GT is the exception. Maybe when I finally drive the turbo I will change my mind. But if it is only a faster c4s I am not really pulled to it nor impressed.
Speedster no offence but you are all over the shop here. To even suggest a Porsche has no soul is just complete nonsense. There are many fast cars I have driven in my day with little to no soul and a P car definitely isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by AJag
Obviously what someone considers "soul" is very subjective, but in all likelihood if you didn't like the 991 C4S, you won't like the turbo. It'll basically be a faster, better handling (RWS) version of that.
1) Now this i agree with.

2) I personally don't see soul as something that is subjective. I have found a car either has it or it doesn't. Soul is certainly something that can be measured or even rated on a scale of say 1 to 10 but there are cars with no soul and a Porsche definitely isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by 991TT
let me get that correct ... some 1 here Saying !!!!!!!!! that porsche 911 has no soul ???!!!!!!???????????????
Yep I know what a completely ridiculous and unbelievable comment to make. I hate to say it but some here need to get real making remarks like that.

Originally Posted by Crea
I've only gotten my 458 for about 2 weeks, so haven't really drove it much yet.

So far, I find it very capable as a DD, especially now that Ferrari is also using DCT. It will be replacing my ageing GTR as my new DD, which originally I plan to order a 991 GT3 for that task.
458 sounds awesome and a car i will certainly be taking a close look at shortly but not until 991tts is available for test driving. I would like to think the F car has at least the measure of the new 991TTs.

Last edited by speed21; 09-09-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Well I guess soul is subjective then. To me when I look at a porsche it doesn't spark much emotion for me. When I drove the c4s I wasn't wowed by anything. I mean I sit in an aston and immediately I am in love with the craftsmanship of the interior that it makes the porsche even look cheap. Then the exhaust is the 2nd best v8 I have ever heard next to ferrari. And just the look of it is beautiful. Then if you look at ferrari jeeeze no contest there. It is better in performance, sound, and interior than anything else out there.

The porsche to me is like a nicer GTR. I just think damn there is nothing on the road faster than me and that is what I am paying for. Same with the GTR. There is nothing faster than that short of the turbo and turbo S but for 100k that is a pretty damn good thing. But again no emotion really.

Like I said the carrera GT had sound, style, and emotion. That was a beautiful porsche and my favorite by far. I actually think the only car that can match that sound is the lexus LFA for that F1 sound they both have.

Also the practicality of the porsche is really where it shines. AWD performance? I could drive it in the snow if I wanted to lol. Plus I really like the center lock wheels. I like the old school design. I like porsche as a classy gentlemans car. And astons as a gentleman's car who wants to beat some *** like james bond. Then ferrari is like the "you made it" car.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Well I guess soul is subjective then. To me when I look at a porsche it doesn't spark much emotion for me. When I drove the c4s I wasn't wowed by anything. I mean I sit in an aston and immediately I am in love with the craftsmanship of the interior that it makes the porsche even look cheap. Then the exhaust is the 2nd best v8 I have ever heard next to ferrari. And just the look of it is beautiful. Then if you look at ferrari jeeeze no contest there. It is better in performance, sound, and interior than anything else out there.

The porsche to me is like a nicer GTR. I just think damn there is nothing on the road faster than me and that is what I am paying for. Same with the GTR. There is nothing faster than that short of the turbo and turbo S but for 100k that is a pretty damn good thing. But again no emotion really.

Like I said the carrera GT had sound, style, and emotion. That was a beautiful porsche and my favorite by far. I actually think the only car that can match that sound is the lexus LFA for that F1 sound they both have.

Also the practicality of the porsche is really where it shines. AWD performance? I could drive it in the snow if I wanted to lol. Plus I really like the center lock wheels. I like the old school design. I like porsche as a classy gentlemans car. And astons as a gentleman's car who wants to beat some *** like james bond. Then ferrari is like the "you made it" car.
The physicality of the car appears to be what is mainly driving your emotions rather than the actual connection a car gives the driver through it controls i.e steering wheel precision and response, pedal modulation, gear-shift, weighting, power delivery etc. Sound, feel and smell of the leather trim are components of the soulful experience but what essentially gives a car soul is the way it connects with the driver through its controls especially when pushed to its limits. Practicality and comfort are very much secondary issues in the soul dept. Image to me has nothing to do with soul and isn't something that interests me at all when choosing a sports car.

Last edited by speed21; 09-09-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
The physicality of the car appears to be what is mainly driving your emotions rather than the actual connection a car gives the driver through it controls i.e steering wheel precision and response, pedal modulation, gear-shift, weighting, power delivery etc. Sound, feel and smell of the leather trim are components of the soulful experience but what essentially gives a car soul is the way it connects with the driver through its controls especially when pushed to its limits. Practicality and comfort are very much secondary issues in the soul dept. Image to me has nothing to do with soul and isn't something that interests me at all when choosing a sports car.
I see. But the porsche has so much tech in it by your definition then something that connects with you when pushed to the limits would be a more raw car like the viper rather than a porsche that essentially if you make a mistake slaps you in the face and then kicks you in the ba**s and fixes it for you.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM
it almost sounds like you want a porsche because you think it's what you're "supposed" to have instead of what you really want. if there is no emotion in it for you, you'll probably get bored quickly. maybe you should just hold off.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM
it almost sounds like you want a porsche because you think it's what you're "supposed" to have instead of what you really want. if there is no emotion in it for you, you'll probably get bored quickly. maybe you should just hold off.
Well idk. I am waiting to drive it. I've never driven a 911 turbo before. I just thought I'd get some other opinions from people more experienced than me in this regard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it worth to get a turbo s over a turbo?