991TTS Flash Not Possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
991TTS Flash Not Possible?

I just had coffee with my Porsche Tech (head of Porsche dept.) who was in Stuttgart at Porsche Diagnostics Training.

He told me that the 991TTS CPU is now encrypted. He also told me that the next generation Porsche cars CPU will be encrypted to such a level that it will be unbreakable. It will also be linked to the gearbox and will control all systems in the car. Also Porsche will be able to tell immediately if the car is flashed.

I remember when Apple encrypted their volume limit (EU directive) on iPods & iPhones. Once they encrypted the actual CPU, to this date, no one cracked it. Before, it was a piece of cake.

I am wondering how this one will pan out?

Perhaps the tuners can chime in here… I guess if they crack the system it will be expensive to tune and maintain the "non-flashed CPU cloak"?

Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 AM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
I may be wrong, but I think many modern day cars have encrypted ECU's. It just takes time for someone to crack it, and most commonly a tuner with an 'in' at the ECU manufacturer will be the first to break the encryption.

In the case of the F10 M5 the ECU encryption has yet to be cracked, yet nearly every major BMW tuner has a flash available based off of the BMW press file. These flashes are still yielding ~80HP.

Where there's a will, and a market with $$$, there will be a way

Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
with all of the technology out today, it will only be a matter of time before someone figures out how to break it.

Take the new Iphone finger print scanner that apple said was unbreakable, 2 weeks later someone found out how.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:14 PM
ATL97gts will become famous soon enough
Old 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Terminator
I just had coffee with my Porsche Tech (head of Porsche dept.) who was in Stuttgart at Porsche Diagnostics Training.

He told me that the 991TTS CPU is now encrypted. He also told me that the next generation Porsche cars CPU will be encrypted to such a level that it will be unbreakable. It will also be linked to the gearbox and will control all systems in the car. Also Porsche will be able to tell immediately if the car is flashed.

I remember when Apple encrypted their volume limit (EU directive) on iPods & iPhones. Once they encrypted the actual CPU, to this date, no one cracked it. Before, it was a piece of cake.

I am wondering how this one will pan out?

Perhaps the tuners can chime in here… I guess if they crack the system it will be expensive to tune and maintain the "non-flashed CPU cloak"?

so did you change your mind about 991 tts , are you going to buy it ?

Old 11-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
so did you change your mind about 991 tts , are you going to buy it ?
Oh no it's you again? :-). And you are off topics. :-).

But no, I didn't change my mind, it's too slow from 0 to 300kp/h for me. :-).

And if you can't flash it, it's a dead duck. :-).

Will have to change camp and get McLaren.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
It is not me again , I am always here , trying to learn new things
As a response to your topic , and like others that commented before me , it is just a mater off time. Nissan said the same thing about the gtr and here we are with 2000hp gt-r , also 991 carrera and carrera S are already encrypted for example .

Yeah mp4 really rocks , and you can find them at mobile.de at around 150k euros
But it is a shame to tune mclaren , dont you think ?

Last edited by porschecayenne92; 11-05-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:47 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
$$$$$$ + Time = Breakable

Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
It is not me again , I am always here , trying to learn new things As a resoonse to your toppic , and as other that commented before me , it is just a metter off time. Nissan said the same thing about the gtr and here we are with 2000hp gt-r , also 991 carrera and carrera S are already encrypted for example . Yeah mp4 really rocks , and you can find them at mobile.de at around 150k euros But it is a shame to tune mclaren , dont you think ?
I am just wondering if the $$$ + time will be worth breaking it as manufacturers are getting more serious about encryption? It will be interesting to watch who wins...

I agree, I wouldn't tune the McLaren. I would just keep it stock and be done with it.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I agree, I wouldn't tune the McLaren. I would just keep it stock and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

But you will miss the back seats of the turbo

Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Darth GF is on a distinguished road
One of my friends little brother has been able to crack 2 or 3 levels of a new security (out of 5) a bank in Texas was testing. They dared hackers to try. They flew him so he could teach them how he did go that far. He was barely 18yo at the time...

So yes, the new ECU will be cracked. It's pretty much a matter of time. As others have said, it's a blend of resources and will.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Darth GF
One of my friends little brother has been able to crack 2 or 3 levels of a new security (out of 5) a bank in Texas was testing. They dared hackers to try. They flew him so he could teach them how he did go that far. He was barely 18yo at the time...

So yes, the new ECU will be cracked. It's pretty much a matter of time. As others have said, it's a blend of resources and will.
You are probably right...

I think if Porsche goes to the lenght of super encryption they should either make it totally un-crackable or leave it totally open so we can flash it ourselves with a map from torrent. It will save them the embarrassment...

Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I agree, there will likely never be an uncrackable ECU, but how untraceable are the flashes, even at the present? Again, it's just a matter of effort and incentive, but it doesn't seem that those that are willing to pay for the ECU flash currently (and in the future) will likely be willing to pay even more for an untraceable program.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
BMW does this and their ECU's are difficult to crack but in the end someone breaks the code lol

Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Terminator
it will be unbreakable.
That's the favorite sentence to a hacker.

But to get to the point, they might have made it so complicated to crack the system in order to tune the car, that it won't be financially worth it with the added complexity.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991TTS Flash Not Possible?