Sunroof Rattle Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 05:59 AM
singlespeed is on a distinguished road
Sunroof Rattle Noise

First time Porsche owner here. I received my Turbo S a couple of weeks ago and out of the gate, there's an annoying rattling sound coming from the sunroof or passenger headliner area as well as the B pillar. The sound is unlike the squeaks you get on hard acceleration, but a constant rattle triggered by bumpy roads. I don't notice these type of noise in my Toyota, but its suspension isn't nearly as sensitive as the Porsche. My question is are these kinds of cabin noise par for the course?

I do love the car otherwise. It's an amazing piece of machinery.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:39 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Is it the glass or steel roof?

I read in one of Suzy's posts that she heard the same thing from the turbo s that she tested. I would love to hear more about this and if its an issue with all of them or just a random few.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 AM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
I have a glass roof and no rattles. I would make them fix it. Thats annoying. The steel roof in my 991S did not rattle either.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
No car is supposed to rattle. Dealer will fix.