New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 10:05 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Nice runs Mark and great meeting your family- the best support team! Hope to see a few of the videos your son took where he said my hook was so hard at launch he saw air at the front tire!

Your car was running wicked! We all came out in a 911 show of force yesterday. Out of the 100 entrants approx 10% were 911. We were all running 10 second weapons, One 9 sec assassin! A few snickered at us during the drivers meeting ("what are the V. beetles doing here") yet soon became disgusted at their own results when matched with any of us.

Nice Cap to 2015 - see you in Feb - Shiftsector!

Old 12-13-2015, 10:07 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Nice runs Mark and great meeting your family- the best support team! Hope to see a few of the videos your son took where he said my hook was so hard at launch he saw air at the front tire!

Your car was running wicked! We all came out in a 911 show of force yesterday. Out of the 100 entrants approx 10% were 911. We were all running 10 second weapons, One 9 sec assassin! A few snickered at us during the drivers meeting ("what are the V. beetles doing here") yet soon became disgusted at their own results when matched with any of us.

Who made it into the nines and what configuration?

Old 12-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Great times Mark!! Glad to see the car is running strong!

Those times are seriously awesome considering you basically have two bolt-on mods and a tune (exhaust, IC's, and tune)!! Not to mention the consistency of running back to back times so close to each other, and so close to your results from a week ago.

It's a true testament to the power, consistency, and reliability of the GIAC software!

Old 12-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Great run Mark! What cars did you race? Any interesting kills to mention. How did the other 997's and 991's do???
Thank you, I ran a Cobb 991 I have no idea what stage it was destroyed it. Raced a 850 hp Hennessy destroyed it by 5 car lengths. A cool dodge bracket station wagon, he pulled a wheelie on my and I destroyed it , and another bracket car and a Vet. There was a 997 there that had big turbos like alphas after many runs I watched it hit 10.13 and I saw the fully race prepped team and big turbo 991 of ppr do after many 10.50 and 10.30 runs do 2 10.15's
Nigel's very first ( and fastest) run he pulled a 10.18 at135 , his next run was a 10.92 a 10.40 something a 10.35 a 10.30 and then I saw a 10.27 so he never backed his first run up I think he did like 15 runs. FYI the guys from Cobb were there changing the tune every run!! I drove 225 miles there with my wife and Son put it on race tune, put fuel in it. Then switched tunes and drove 225 miles home. Thanks GIAC and Champion.

My kids got a couple videos that I will post

Old 12-13-2015, 10:46 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Thank you, I ran a Cobb 991 I have no idea what stage it was destroyed it. Raced a 850 hp Hennessy destroyed it by 5 car lengths. A cool dodge bracket station wagon, he pulled a wheelie on my and I destroyed it , and another bracket car and a Vet. There was a 997 there that had big turbos like alphas after many runs I watched it hit 10.13 and I saw the fully race prepped team and big turbo 991 of ppr do after many 10.50 and 10.30 runs do 2 10.15's
Nigel's very first ( and fastest) run he pulled a 10.18 at135 , his next run was a 10.92 a 10.40 something a 10.35 a 10.30 and then I saw a 10.27 so he never backed his first run up I think he did like 15 runs. FYI the guys from Cobb were there changing the tune every run!! I drove 225 miles there with my wife and Son put it on race tune, put fuel in it. Then switched tunes and drove 225 miles home. Thanks GIAC and Champion.

That is exactly what I do at events. Drive on the pump gas tune to the event. Fuel up with race gas at event and switch to the race gas tune. Race and use up race fuel and then switch back to the pump gas tune for the ride home

Congrats on a great showing for a daily driveable stock turbo tune.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yeah Mark that car you ran was a 91 octane convertible with catalytic converter's getting tuned. One of the big reasons we were there and one of the big reasons we had the laptops out all day. It was also his first time ever. He had a blast. I really had a great feeling after Nigel's first run and then that car crashed and over an hour went by before we could get back on. I'm sure Travis has the slips but pikes Peak ran at least five runs under 10.15

Old 12-13-2015, 10:48 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Great times Mark!! Glad to see the car is running strong!

Those times are seriously awesome considering you basically have two bolt-on mods and a tune (exhaust, IC's, and tune)!! Not to mention the consistency of running back to back times so close to each other, and so close to your results from a week ago.

It's a true testament to the power, consistency, and reliability of the GIAC software!
Hey Tom, posting on sundays too? Lol jk

Cobb stg 3 (same bolt ons) was puttnig same traps, just that his car hook up better

Old 12-13-2015, 10:52 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
That is exactly what I do at events. Drive on the pump gas tune to the event. Fuel up with race gas at event and switch to the race gas tune. Race and use up race fuel and then switch back to the pump gas tune for the ride home

Congrats on a great showing for a daily driveable stock turbo tune.
That's what I do also with my cobb, even with my Alpha 10 GTR (1000whp) when I went to events

Old 12-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Hey Tom, posting on sundays too? Lol jk

Cobb stg 3 (same bolt ons) was puttnig same traps, just that his car hook up better
Turbo Mike (same bolt ons)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	435026  
Old 12-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Someone talked him into running the Trofei R's at the strip. He May as well have been racing in the rain LOL. Cool to have him out there though. Mike's car is a beast. I can't wait to see what it can do. The next half-mile event will also let a stretch the legs!

Old 12-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT

Thanks Nigel,
I know it's just a matter of time before you get your car dialed in with your trap speeds you'll be down in the 10.0/9.9 range when that happens, it was good talking with you and yes will see you at feb shift sector.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Yes Mark sorry forgot to mention your family. So nice. Your son is just like you! Mine is only three. Looking forward to getting him out there!

Old 12-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Turbo Mike (same bolt ons)
FYI, Webcar I talked with IPD Mike many times throughout the day. He's got a good trap speed but we were drag racing and its fastest to the finish line is all that matters And the mods are not the same he's got every bolt on plus Meth. He's a good guy hopefully he runs better next time.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:47 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !

Lol wrong on a few points and for the record as Sam mentioned we were dominating and shaking down. Cobb was watching over things reviewing data logs on multiple channels which unfortunately you were unable to do with your GIAC platform.

I was fast at shift sector but now sitting in a 9 sec beast.... you don't even know it.

Well here my friend is a friendly reminder before all you Giac guys get a bit too happy .......

Old 12-13-2015, 11:58 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !

Mark, congrats on your personal victory. For such few mods, your car performed well!

For the record (no pun intended) my 997.2 was the big turbo with alphas. If you really want a chuckle, it went as slow as 10.5@130 (on 12psi - ha ha). It was the first time it had ever been driven so yes the COBB guys were working hard to dial in a completely uncharted setup. FYI, the 997.2 basically has the same powertrain as the 991.
At the end of the day, it was the fastest and quickest Porsche of the day, the only Porsche to run 9s at the event, and the worlds fastest 997.2. Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19