New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 10:01 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Karl911
Hey stop your whining. If Cobb was a half hour drive like Champion is for me,
I would be doing business with Cobb
Lol good point

Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I like Chris's idea but it should not be called a trash talk thread. It should be called an entertainment thread because many people have said they enjoy that side of i sarcastically! I do agree that it gets in the way of focus and information, enjoyment and camaraderie like it's supposed to be around here.

I have said these few things many times but I will say it again. Coke and Pepsi. Every single person I have shook hands with or dealt with most chatting here is indeed a very nice guy. Like trash talk is really fun just like if we are playing basketball. But it gets out of control so quickly. We are boys with toys. Some of us are running a business with integrity. Lots of crossfire at times. Causes shrapnel that requires attention. But everyone is a pretty good person I can attest to this!

Great work Mark. Let's keep having a good time and everyone have a great week!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 12-14-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Usual Sambo Siri edit, keyboard
Old 12-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Mark had the MT's too which helps a ton on take off. That is definitely a mod from OEM so don't forget to mention that irrespective of what Nigel had. Be fair.

Hey, I think my car did real well against a 1000 CC racing bike with a wheelie bar considering it had a nail in the left rear PZero.

A 10.60 at a 134 is really fast congrats its a blast going to the track, I did have 20" m/t on my car, and he had 19" m/t on his car. I congradulated him and every other 911 driver that I talked with out there. cause at the end of the day its all about having fun. WE all surprised the **** out of every other car out there

Originally Posted by ecpChris
Hey guys, I'm just some random dude from Nj but would like to suggest something. By no means am I trying to get in the middle of what this has become (again). I enjoy coming to the 991 section to read about what everyone is doing since the 997 section is Mezger heavy and the 991 and 997.2 essentially share similar powertrains. What do you guys think of making a 991 trash talk thread for all of this instead of people from either camp coming on every single thread and pooping on it. I can't even find data when I am trying to look for something without trying to sift through endless posts of banter. Maybe even a mod can help clean up and put all the back and forth, nonrelevant to the OP, in the trash talk thread
Thoughts?
Sorry Mark, don't mean to take further off-topic but trying to help everyone here. Threads like this and others should be about people feeling good about their cars and maybe we can focus all of the other stuff to one trash talk thread (instead of every thread becoming that).

Chris you are correct and it doesn't matter if you got Cobb or Giac or Evoms, techart whatever If you out there having fun and enjoying your car that's what really matters. Let us know if you and your car make it out to California again.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:35 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Will do. I'll be out there in the next month to wrap up with BBi and take care of a few things. Just have to make time with the holidays and crazy work/family schedule. I'll also be on the lookout for any additional events I may be able to come out for before it ships out. I would really like to get in on a roll event as I think it will shine more there than on a drag strip. No 918s on the East Coast that attend races like that so it will be now or never to try to take down one of those unicorns

Old 12-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Will do. I'll be out there in the next month to wrap up with BBi and take care of a few things. Just have to make time with the holidays and crazy work/family schedule. I'll also be on the lookout for any additional events I may be able to come out for before it ships out. I would really like to get in on a roll event as I think it will shine more there than on a drag strip. No 918s on the East Coast that attend races like that so it will be now or never to try to take down one of those unicorns
We have 2 good ones, shift sector last weekend of Feb, that Saturday will be exotics only and Sunday is open to everyone. we always have 918, 650's sometimes bugati, P-1's who knows somebody may have a new 488 a 675 and or a new GT 40. there is also usually 2 in april a shift sector which is 23rd and 24th and there is an Omegamotorsports also.

Hope you can make 1 of them

Old 12-14-2015, 11:46 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Armik has written that he might bring his stable to Slipstream's northeast half mile event.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:47 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
We have 2 good ones, shift sector last weekend of Feb, that Saturday will be exotics only and Sunday is open to everyone. we always have 918, 650's sometimes bugati, P-1's who knows somebody may have a new 488 a 675 and or a new GT 40. there is also usually 2 in april a shift sector which is 23rd and 24th and there is an Omegamotorsports also.

Hope you can make 1 of them
Sweet thanks! I'll definitely try

Old 12-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Armik has written that he might bring his stable to Slipstream's northeast half mile event.

Giddy up!!

Old 12-14-2015, 11:52 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Giddy up!!
Also, I do believe that exotic car owners will bring out hyper cars to a half-mile in the greater New York area. Remember. Slipstream's will be the first ever in our area

Old 12-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I want to see the 488 in action!

Old 12-14-2015, 12:13 PM
I don't mind some of the jousting here. People who modify their already super fast cars to this level are inherently competitive so it comes with the territory.

My takeaways on this weekend's meet:

1. The Cobb/ByDesign Stage 4 cars posted strong traps but slower than expected ET. My conclusion is that they need to work on fine tuning their tune and tire combo for the best launch. They will do so and succeed just as they did after a bad initial showing/problems with the stage 3 car which came back roaring at ShiftSector to win the head to head races. This is a brand new upgrade and they are learning how to make it as fast as possible. The traps show that the power is there for 9s.

2. Mark Blackwell did an outstanding job with his stock turbo GIAC Stage 2+ with nothing more than catless exhaust, tune and Champion ICs. 10.19 is superfast for stock turbos with no meth or other go fast fuels. It also shows the huge launch advantage of Mickey Thompsons over street tires or streetable competition tires. Did he break the world record set by the Cobb meth/C16/nitrous 991 TTS from Georgia? No but he has a car he can DD and drive home intact. Different strokes for different folks.

I can only say for myself I lack the financial means to blow up my car to get a record. If I did I would be driving a 918. If I don't get a record but I go fast enough to meet my own personal goals (9s) that's good enough for me. I will be getting the Champion/GIAC turbo upgrade but will not be putting meth or nitrous or C 16 on top of it so it will not be a record breaker. But it will be damn fast.

I am sure that if Nigel had not upgraded to Stage 4 and stuck with Stage 3 with ByDesign ICs and stock turbos he would have been neck and neck with Mark or perhaps faster which would have been another great face to face race. Nigel was much faster with bigger turbos in terms of trap speeds but again not by as much on ET as I expected due to launch traction teething issues.

3. Champion/GIAC don't have their turbo upgrade out yet. The market eagerly await so we can have some apples to apples races. Dying to see what they have up their sleeve and whether all of this waiting will be worth it.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
We gonna torch the crap out of it

Hope you are at Wannagofast Sam.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor
Scott, I will give you this, for every post and style that I don't necessarily agree with, you then make a good one (imho). Tells me what you are capable of. We all need to keep this up. Talk a little fun trash like we would on a b-ball court or watching the game. And know we are all in the same hobby and all capable of being proper.

I have a 3 year old and one in the oven along with running By Design on my own pretty much 18/7 or every waking moment! So will have to be choosy but will def make it to some more events as promised to have fun and support my peeps!

Old 12-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Me too! I lust for that car in a way people should not lust for cars LOL

3. Champion/GIAC don't have their turbo upgrade out yet. The market eagerly await so we can have some apples to apples races. Dying to see what they have up their sleeve and whether all of this waiting will be worth it.
Trust me it will be worth the wait. We've cooked up something pretty cool for our turbos. I should have some photos of a set to put up and share with you guys real soon. They'll be game changers for sure.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:43 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
I don't mind some of the jousting here. People who modify their already super fast cars to this level are inherently competitive so it comes with the territory.

My takeaways on this weekend's meet:

1. The Cobb/ByDesign Stage 4 cars posted strong traps but slower than expected ET. My conclusion is that they need to work on fine tuning their tune and tire combo for the best launch. They will do so and succeed just as they did after a bad initial showing/problems with the stage 3 car which came back roaring at ShiftSector to win the head to head races. This is a brand new upgrade and they are learning how to make it as fast as possible. The traps show that the power is there for 9s.

2. Mark Blackwell did an outstanding job with his stock turbo GIAC Stage 2+ with nothing more than catless exhaust, tune and Champion ICs. 10.19 is superfast for stock turbos with no meth or other go fast fuels. It also shows the huge launch advantage of Mickey Thompsons over street tires or streetable competition tires. Did he break the world record set by the Cobb meth/C16/nitrous 991 TTS from Georgia? No but he has a car he can DD and drive home intact. Different strokes for different folks.

I can only say for myself I lack the financial means to blow up my car to get a record. If I did I would be driving a 918. If I don't get a record but I go fast enough to meet my own personal goals (9s) that's good enough for me. I will be getting the Champion/GIAC turbo upgrade but will not be putting meth or nitrous or C 16 on top of it so it will not be a record breaker. But it will be damn fast.

I am sure that if Nigel had not upgraded to Stage 4 and stuck with Stage 3 with ByDesign ICs and stock turbos he would have been neck and neck with Mark or perhaps faster which would have been another great face to face race. Nigel was much faster with bigger turbos in terms of trap speeds but again not by as much on ET as I expected due to launch traction teething issues.

I agree fair and balanced reporting sdg! lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19