New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 12:02 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Haha, losing sucks! Cobb won yesterday! I have a trophy and cash to prove it!

Old 12-13-2015, 12:07 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Mark, congrats on your personal victory. For such few mods, your car performed well!

For the record (no pun intended) my 997.2 was the big turbo with alphas. If you really want a chuckle, it went as slow as 10.5@130 (on 12psi - ha ha). It was the first time it had ever been driven so yes the COBB guys were working hard to dial in a completely uncharted setup. FYI, the 997.2 basically has the same powertrain as the 991.
At the end of the day, it was the fastest and quickest Porsche of the day, the only Porsche to run 9s at the event, and the worlds fastest 997.2. Cheers
Chris I saw it run a 10.13, so I know its really fast congrats on the 9sec run thats awesome. FYI your car was blowing smoke when it went threw the traps, I don't know if it was on throttle lift or before, but the announcer noticed it on 1 run so thats when I watched it the next run and I was talking with sam and I said something to him. Maybe its normal for the set up I don't know,

Again awesome car

Old 12-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I remember that. I spoke with Tony about it. The catch can is going to be installed before it ships out to take care of that. It was no big deal. It was no big deal on throttle lift. I know every time something happened or a car broke everyone like to see what was going on.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:33 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
FYI, Webcar I talked with IPD Mike many times throughout the day. He's got a good trap speed but we were drag racing and its fastest to the finish line is all that matters And the mods are not the same he's got every bolt on plus Meth. He's a good guy hopefully he runs better next time.
Really??? Ok

Old 12-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Haha, losing sucks! Cobb won yesterday! I have a trophy and cash to prove it!
Losing does suck, and yes I lost to you at shift sector and you trashed my tune and car and Sam was there with the camera to help you guys post it all over the forums. I read a post that Mitch posted about Cobb being the fastest 991 stock turbo car it had every possible fuel you could put in it and only ran a 10.08 ( id be embarrassed with that time ) so excuse my vent, did Cobb really win yesterday? I had no vip pass so I wasn't in the contention. You had a 1 off time slip that you couldn't back up ( even with 19" ) and haven't posted your top 3 or any for that matter.

So I won yestaurday no Cobb car with stock turbos has come close to my time in the 1/4 in the us not including the nitrous/meth car that blew his turbos.

Like you said in your other post anything less that a 10.00 would be unacceptable, I was really hopping that your car would run faster. I believe PPR said they did 40 dyno pulls to get ready so they were on point.

Anyways Im done. all these cars are really fast Your car is really fast you just need to get the tune right and dialed in I know your car can run 10.0 and maybe faster with the set up you have right now. If you ever need any help with anything when we are at the track or shift sector Ill be there and I know you would help me out. Im sure both our cars will be faster at the Next shift sector see you then.

Cheers

Old 12-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Embarrassed with a 10.08 at 139mph? I am not at all.

I haven't been posting here as I am trying to enjoy my one day off I guess I need to get caught up. Your car ran great yesterday no doubt. I am going to enjoy my Sunday as I don't think this whole thing is liable to end anytime soon haha.

Cheers guys.

Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 12-13-2015, 01:41 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Losing does suck

Cheers
You are a good guy so I will state a simple fact... You better get accostumed to losing when you line up against me with your Giac tuned car and percieved world record time slip in the glove box.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:49 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
You are a good guy so I will state a simple fact... You better get accostumed to losing when you line up against me with your Giac tuned car and percieved world record time slip in the glove box.
Well there is a throwdown. I love it. Looking forward to the turbo upgrade battles to begin shortly.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:32 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
I'm in

Old 12-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Did you loose your top 3 time slips from Saturday? Cause I'm pretty sure I would have beat you 2 out 3 times. Yea I'm sure I'm gonna lose some and hopefully I win some. have a great Christmas and will see you next year.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Did you loose your top 3 time slips from Saturday? Cause I'm pretty sure I would have beat you 2 out 3 times. Yea I'm sure I'm gonna lose some and hopefully I win some. have a great Christmas and will see you next year.
Ah O.k?

Turbo Mike, A guy thats been racing 800+ whp cars and winning with these platforms since the 90's once told me, "Bro... You know what? These guys are gonna make me mad and then ill show up with something that destroys them" Lol, I now know what he meant.

It never ends.....

Old 12-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Great times Mark!! Glad to see the car is running strong!

Those times are seriously awesome considering you basically have two bolt-on mods and a tune (exhaust, IC's, and tune)!! Not to mention the consistency of running back to back times so close to each other, and so close to your results from a week ago.

It's a true testament to the power, consistency, and reliability of the GIAC software!
Thanks Tom, yes I am very happy with the results of the Champion/GIAC team. The car is super consistent. As you know I do everything with this car I've been on 3 1,000 mile trips. I track it at Laguna quite often, and all these 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile events car runs flawlessly. I just need another 100whp Any ideas??

Old 12-13-2015, 03:33 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Thanks Tom, yes I am very happy with the results of the Champion/GIAC team. The car is super consistent. As you know I do everything with this car I've been on 3 1,000 mile trips. I track it at Laguna quite often, and all these 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile events car runs flawlessly. I just need another 100whp Any ideas??
+1

My GIAC tuned champion modified car has 11,000 miles on it and has been bulletproof. It took me coast to coast more than 3000 miles on goldrush rally without a single problem. And that was with four hours of hard-core dragstrip racing in the burning 100 degree summer heat in Albuquerque and then 4 20 minute hot sessions at circuit of the Americas tracking the car.

Very satisfied with my tune, intercoolers and exhaust

Mark only one thing is getting you another 100 bhp. Bigger turbos. (Or meth, C16 and nitrous if you want to incinerate your turbos).

Old 12-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
One thing you guys all need to do is a couple of track days with some GT3 and GT3 RS s
and see their faces in your rear view mirrors as you pull away.
GIAC and Champion, my car is running Flawless.

I guess i have to buy a pair of Micky Thompson's for Jan 17th for Streetcardrags.com
Champion, I will need the y pipe for this.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Karl911
One thing you guys all need to do is a couple of track days with some GT3 and GT3 RS s
and see their faces in your rear view mirrors as you pull away.
GIAC and Champion, my car is running Flawless.

I guess i have to buy a pair of Micky Thompson's for Jan 17th for Streetcardrags.com
Champion, I will need the y pipe for this.
+1. The MTs clearly help a lot with the launch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19