New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 06:12 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sdg1871
+1 My GIAC tuned champion modified car has 11,000 miles on it and has been bulletproof. It took me coast to coast more than 3000 miles on goldrush rally without a single problem. And that was with four hours of hard-core dragstrip racing in the burning 100 degree summer heat in Albuquerque and then 4 20 minute hot sessions at circuit of the Americas tracking the car. Very satisfied with my tune, intercoolers and exhaust Mark only one thing is getting you another 100 bhp. Bigger turbos. (Or meth, C16 and nitrous if you want to incinerate your turbos).
+2! My car has been modded and performs flawlessly every time! This is my third turbo modded by Champion/GIAC, 996/997/991, and never a issue with any of the cars. I always buy launch cars and keep them to the next launch model so these mods/cars get put through the paces over time. All of my turbos are daily drivers as well. I couldn't be happier! Just waiting to get back to south FL from vacation to finish up some mods. Looking forward to Champions Y-Pipe as well!!!

Old 12-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Great run Mark! What cars did you race? Any interesting kills to mention. How did the other 997's and 991's do???

http://youtu.be/b_Pz4ns2gW8

Here is my 10.20 run

Old 12-13-2015, 07:08 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
http://youtu.be/b_Pz4ns2gW8

Here is my 10.20 run
Here, I embedded it for you

Old 12-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Here, I embedded it for you

991 turbo beats tubbed wagon - YouTube
WRS thank you very much, have you been out to your country road lately.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:43 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
WRS thank you very much, have you been out to your country road lately.
Not yet. I was hoping tomorrow but we have an appointment in the morning. Maybe Tuesday. On Saturday is the next COTA run but it's supposed to be 35 in the morning. Don't know how that works.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Mark, what were the MT specs ?

Old 12-13-2015, 08:58 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
May me laugh how all giac guys post the same thing, "my car is flawlessly, bulletproof, etc"
Like is the only tune that have no problems with this p-cars lol

My GTR A10 (now A16) my 997.2TT and now my 991 have COBB with a few years and a lot of miles combine w/o any issue, oh and all of them with custom tune, not OTS

I been telling this for a quite some time now, giac is a good tool but cobb is more complete product... I believe this "debates" are more and more pointless when you have more or less the same whp between them. But when you compare it to upgrade turbos is another thing, is no brainer that they are gonna be faster that the stock turbos, and the fact that the less power 991's put better 60 times is because of that, less power is easy to lunch hard.

At the end of the day both cars (giac and cobb) with same mods it will performe more or less the same, but in my book COBB will always have the edge because it will always have the chance to "fine tune" the car

Last edited by webcarconnection; 12-13-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:04 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
May me laugh how all giac guys post the same thing, "my car is flawlessly, bulletproof, etc"

My GTR A10 (now A16) my 997.2TT and now my 991 have COBB with a few years and a lot of miles combine w/o any issue, oh and all of them with custom tune, not OTS

I been telling this for a quite some time now, giac is a good tool but cobb is more complete product... I believe this "debates" are more and more pointless when you have more or less the same whp between them.
But other thing is the upgrade it turbos, is no brainer that they are gonna be faster that the stock turbos, and the fact that the less power 991's put better 60 times is because of that, less power is easy to lunch hard.

At the end of the day both cars (giac and cobb) with same mods it will performe more or less the same, but in my book COBB will always have the edge because it will always habe the chance to "fine tune" the car
Yeah these "records" are simply dribble.....
My car on Arco 91, stock turbos, with original factory oil, missing 1 lug nut ran a tenth faster than the last guy.... World record!!! Lol

Old 12-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Karl I was on 20" M/t rear and stock P zeros front.
Originally Posted by webcarconnection

I been telling this for a quite some time now, giac is a good tool but cobb is more complete product... I believe this "debates" are more and more pointless when you have more or less the same whp between them. But when you compare it to upgrade turbos is another thing, is no brainer that they are gonna be faster that the stock turbos, and the fact that the less power 991's put better 60 times is because of that, less power is easy to lunch hard.

At the end of the day both cars (giac and cobb) with same mods it will performe more or less the same, but in my book COBB will always have the edge because it will always have the chance to "fine tune" the car
Hey stop your whining. If Cobb was a half hour drive like Champion is for me,
I would be doing business with Cobb

Old 12-14-2015, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Lol wrong on a few points and for the record as Sam mentioned we were dominating and shaking down. Cobb was watching over things reviewing data logs on multiple channels which unfortunately you were unable to do with your GIAC platform.

I was fast at shift sector but now sitting in a 9 sec beast.... you don't even know it.

Well here my friend is a friendly reminder before all you Giac guys get a bit too happy .......
Let's also keep in mind that Mark has literally 2 bolts-ons and a tune. He has an exhaust, intercoolers, and a tune....THAT'S IT.

Your car has those, plus what? Headers, y-pipe, plenum...anything else...oh yeah, upgraded turbos. And you beat him by how much? C'mon dude....eat some humble pie and relax a little bit.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:31 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Let's also keep in mind that Mark has literally 2 bolts-ons and a tune. He has an exhaust, intercoolers, and a tune....THAT'S IT.

Your car has those, plus what? Headers, y-pipe, plenum...anything else...oh yeah, upgraded turbos. And you beat him by how much? C'mon dude....eat some humble pie and relax a little bit.
Mark had the MT's too which helps a ton on take off. That is definitely a mod from OEM so don't forget to mention that irrespective of what Nigel had. Be fair.

Hey, I think my car did real well against a 1000 CC racing bike with a wheelie bar considering it had a nail in the left rear PZero.

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Mark had the MT's too which helps a ton on take off. That is definitely a mod from OEM so don't forget to mention that irrespective of what Nigel had. Be fair.
From what I understand, they both had DR's on the cars.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:14 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion

Haha your back hadn't heard from you since your product was dominated at ShiftSector.

Ok I'll play..... "Humble"... I operate from the vantage point that you never- ever- attack a customer or potential client, especially on an open forum. Here is a bit of advice - its bad for business!

Im sure by the number of newly minted 991 intercooler sets you now have in inventory it has become apparent that you may need a different approach(or in your case maybe not). I purchased my first 930 Turbo from Champion years ago so had a preference to the dealership. I got the call to buy one of the first sets of ICs from Champion and ultimately made the best decision not to.

It's also bad for business to have your customers openly complain of response times and unreturned messages. One of your customers openly complained of your competence at fulfilling his repeated request for products to me just this past weekend. Remember I am one of the guys with the American Express card that you keep attacking. There are 30 others like me now or in the future that may feel alienated based on your bizarre customer relations. Id bet if you would analyze your Ytd sales numbers along with the past few bundled product rollouts you would find this tiny issue.

I understand your stake in all of this but to be honest in racing it's "run what you brung" if you can get a gutted 991 down the track faster than your opponent the win is a win. I've raced Alpha GTRs, Huracan, Aventadors, etc and win or lose never quantify the win or loss with excuses.

If you didn't bring enough who's fault is that? One should never search for an excuse for their loss, excuses are for, Um... girls.

Last edited by White991TT; 12-14-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by White991TT
Haha your back hadn't heard from you since your product was dominated at ShiftSector.

Ok I'll play..... "Humble"... I operate from the vantage point that you never- ever- attack a customer or potential client, especially on an open forum. Here is a bit of advice - its bad for business!

Im sure by the number of newly minted 991 intercooler sets you now have in inventory it has become apparent that you may need a different approach(or in your case maybe not). I purchased my first 930 Turbo from Champion years ago so had a preference to the dealership. I got the call to buy one of the first sets of ICs from Champion and ultimately made the best decision not to.

It's also bad for business to have your customers openly complain of response times and unreturned messages. One of your customers openly complained of your competence at fulfilling his repeated request for products to me just this past weekend. Remember I am one of the guys with the American Express card that you keep attacking. There are 30 others like me now or in the future that may feel alienated based on your bizarre customer relations. Id bet if you would analyze your Ytd sales numbers along with the past few bundled product rollouts you would find this tiny issue.

I understand your stake in all of this but to be honest in racing it's "run what you brung" if you can get a gutted 991 down the track faster than your opponent the win is a win. I've raced Alpha GTRs, Huracan, Aventadors, etc and win or lose never quantify the win or loss with excuses.

If you didn't bring enough who's fault is that? One should never search for an excuse for their loss, excuses are for, Um... girls.
I'm not attacking you. But you can attack my product, my integrity, and my company...and I can't reply without making myself look bad in your eyes? Seems like an odd double standard, doesn't it? And you can call me a girl? OK...so now I see what mentality I'm dealing with.

Contrary to any of your assumptions, our sales are doing just fine LOL. We're onto set #25 or 26 of our 991 Intercoolers, and we continue to sell our 997.1/.2 intercoolers like hotcakes (set #195 just went out the other day!!).

Anyone who knows me or knows our company knows that we take an enormous amount of pride in the products we develop and the service we provide. If there's someone out there who decided to vent to you rather then pick up the phone or email me directly, I would strongly encourage them to do so. If there's ever a message or email I don't return, it's certainly an error and a rare oversight. I pride myself on my customer service and my honest straightforward approach. Heck...I've even referred several people to Cobb!!!

I've heard that you're actually a really nice guy so I'm going to bow out of this conversation at this point. I'm sure emotions are flaring this past weekend, so it's probably not the best time to hash it out. I don't want to come across like a "girl", as you say.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:50 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Hey guys, I'm just some random dude from Nj but would like to suggest something. By no means am I trying to get in the middle of what this has become (again). I enjoy coming to the 991 section to read about what everyone is doing since the 997 section is Mezger heavy and the 991 and 997.2 essentially share similar powertrains. What do you guys think of making a 991 trash talk thread for all of this instead of people from either camp coming on every single thread and pooping on it. I can't even find data when I am trying to look for something without trying to sift through endless posts of banter. Maybe even a mod can help clean up and put all the back and forth, nonrelevant to the OP, in the trash talk thread
Thoughts?
Sorry Mark, don't mean to take further off-topic but trying to help everyone here. Threads like this and others should be about people feeling good about their cars and maybe we can focus all of the other stuff to one trash talk thread (instead of every thread becoming that).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 stock Turbo 1/4 record set at the red list 10.19