Demon LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
The Trans brake sounds like a circus, and did Motor Trend really say ( It seems like all the time is in the Launch ! )
No **** all the time is in the Launch in the 1/4 mile. I wonder what the Mph was.
140mph for the NHRA certified run.

Originally Posted by longboarder
You have a deposit down on one or something??

Regarding "prepped" surfaces, if it was cleaned, it's well prepped. Bring your car to an airstrip event and I'll show you a surface that's not well prepped. Rocks, sand, random painted surfaces and other debris all over the launch area. Maybe your view of lack "well-prepped" is that VHT wasn't sprayed all over the ground or the blow torch guy forgot to show up.

Sure some strips are better than others. And of course we have all seen some miracles at places like ATCO - a recent example is a 500 HP GT3RS that went 10.6 @ 132.X and it's a second and 8mph down at other tracks.

Remember, this was an independent test from Motor Trend, which is the group that gets the most sh*t for usually doing the opposite - getting quicker times that everyone else !
Exactly, this is a front engine, rwd car. Did you forget that? And yes, track prep is vital if you know drag racing. So why are you stating the obvious?

Certified run conditions: "Dodge fitted pizza-cutter front tires, drag racing slicks, ran it at 147 feet above sea level at 8:34 p.m. with a 40-degree ambient temperature on a fully prepared surface, and used 100-octane fuel"

"The car’s development drivers were reportedly running 10.5s in a single-seat car in the same 88-degree heat with 65 percent humidity at 1,060 feet elevation."

Originally Posted by Goin2drt
I will exit now, between Blackwell and longboarder they got this so called "automotive journalist" on lockdown.

Not sure there are two others on the planet that know more on straight line events, carry on gents. Popcorn is out.
Mark is a friend of mine, and facts are facts if you know about the dragstrip.

Originally Posted by Nanook
Simple facts..

Porshe = one of few companies who understate hp/performance numbers
Dodge = one of many who overstate hp/performance numbers
Let's see, Pobst and Winkler have what, 15 track records with the Viper ACR between them?

The NHRA certified the run, do "Porsche owners" have a problem with that?

Old 07-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
The NHRA certified the run, do "Porsche owners" have a problem with that?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely no problem at all and laud them for the accomplishments...ESPECIALLY if the numbers can be reproduced by the general public..who knows what had been done to that car that produced that NHRA number ?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !

Absolutely no problem at all and laud them for the accomplishments...ESPECIALLY if the numbers can be reproduced by the general public..who knows what had been done to that car that produced that NHRA number ?
Always a fair question. Just like any other manufacturer claim.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:05 AM
boostfiend is on a distinguished road
It's a sub 9 car on radials all day. I'm sure a lot of people can't drive them properly, like everytime someone with no experience steps into a Fcar and thinks they can handle it in CT off and puts it in a wall or ditch lol.

My buddies hellcat charger on M/T ET Streets not junk 555r's goes 10.6x@133-135 all day long, first pass in it I drove I went 10.9@131.9. Same track that my friends 991 Turbo S cab went 10.84@124.

That being said it's a street/strip car not like a Turbo but it does have a warranty and dodge stands behind all the abuse it can take. Not to mention you can get a new charger hellcat for mid 60s a lot of car for the money if you just want a street/strip car and not have to worry about breaking parts out of warranty.

Last edited by boostfiend; 07-22-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
I just watched 6 or 7 You Tube press test drive/reviews..looked like invitational events from Dodge..not one allowed or posted et times nor speeds...a few drivers used the oncar timing system and reported mid to high tens low to mid 130 mph..they all expressed the difficulty in getting a good launch...I surmise the best launches will be had by only seasoned drivers. They also state the car is designed for the ultimate 1/4 mile trap therefore I would not expect to see blistering 1/2 mile event traps...none the less it will be interesting to see their realistic performance once they hit the street..

Old 07-23-2017, 09:29 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Simple facts..

Porsche = one of few companies who understate hp/performance numbers
Dodge = one of many who overstate hp/performance numbers
Amen

Old 07-23-2017, 11:26 AM
TeeLex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by boostfiend
It's a sub 9 car on radials all day.
Having owned a low 9 second car, I highly doubt that the Demon could manage a sub 9 second 1/4 even on drag radials.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Agreed..I think he meant sub 10..but even so in stock form no votes from me

Old 07-23-2017, 02:54 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
I don't think there are a lot of folks who cross shop a demon with a 911 turbo. Some might buy both but not cross shop them.

The demon is meant to be one of the ultimate expressions of the muscle car - a big loud snarling beast of a car with a horsepower figure that made everyone check the print to make sure they read it right. In that they succeeded, and despite it having conditions, a street legal car that can get into the nines right out of the box is cool.

But it is a little surprising that a 911 turbo will still beat it rather soundly at a stoplight.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:02 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by _ace_
But it is a little surprising that a 911 turbo will still beat it rather soundly at a stoplight.
Surprising and embarrassing.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Surprising and embarrassing.
Lol why? Because of AWD? You guys sound like Tesla owners.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:05 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Lol why? Because of AWD? You guys sound like Tesla owners.

You are completely missing the point. Dodge is one claiming the quickest production car on the planet at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.

Is it "surprising and embarrassing" because the car does not come anywhere near 0-60 in 2.3 seconds in anywhere but a special prepped track with heated radials. For the Turbo S Porsche claims 0-60 in 2.6 but as already been pointed out here with 6speed users posting their vbox info on a completely stock Turbo S, our car actually does 0-60 in 2.3 on the street with stock tires.

See?!? The car is not an embarrassment. Dodge is.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:33 AM
You are completely missing the point. Dodge is one claiming the quickest production car on the planet at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.

Is it "surprising and embarrassing" because the car does not come anywhere near 0-60 in 2.3 seconds in anywhere but a special prepped track with heated radials. For the Turbo S Porsche claims 0-60 in 2.6 but as already been pointed out here with 6speed users posting their vbox info on a completely stock Turbo S, our car actually does 0-60 in 2.3 on the street with stock tires.

See?!? The car is not an embarrassment. Dodge is.
LOL the car comes with drag radials and pizza cutter wheels. As supplied from the factory it absolutely can do a 2.3 0-60mph. Your argument is entirely based on rear wheel drive, let alone rear engine. By your logic any performance claim with a front engine, RWD car is invalid. And there are plenty of textured concrete public roads where the same achievement can occur.

Not only that it will still take a 991 TTS from a roll which is how most street encounters occur.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:03 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
LOL the car comes with drag radials and pizza cutter wheels. As supplied from the factory it absolutely can do a 2.3 0-60mph. Your argument is entirely based on rear wheel drive, let alone rear engine. By your logic any performance claim with a front engine, RWD car is invalid. And there are plenty of textured concrete public roads where the same achievement can occur.

Not only that it will still take a 991 TTS from a roll which is how most street encounters occur.

I don't know why you keep bringing up RWD, front engine, etc. Who cares? Dodge is the one who said it's the quickest production car at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. Ok let's see it go up against a car that can actually do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.

Sorry I'm not into street racing of any sort. It's illegal and dangerous.

But I am into track and airstrip events. Demon's will show up to the airstrip, just like the Hellcats. I usually try to run only the high HP AWD cars and liter bikes but I'll make an exception here and ask one of the Demon's to run and I will get it on video.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:10 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold

Based on what exactly? The owner's manual? Your confidence? Journalistic statistic prose? Smoke and mirrors? ....???

And if it doesn't happen, at least their owners have a basket full of pre-excuses to draw on.

I don't know why you keep bringing up RWD, front engine, etc. Who cares? Dodge is the one who said it's the quickest production car at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. Ok let's see it go up against a car that can actually do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.

Sorry I'm not into street racing of any sort. It's illegal and dangerous.

But I am into track and airstrip events. Demon's will show up to the airstrip, just like the Hellcats. I usually try to run only the high HP AWD cars and liter bikes but I'll make an exception here and ask one of the Demon's to run and I will get it on video.
Looking forward to it and also seeing your car dominate!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.