Demon LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 03:35 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Demon LMAO

Like I thought, not even close to being a threat to a 911 Turbo / Turbo S. Claimed 9.65 and it really goes 11.0 on a prepped surface. At the airstrip I'm guessing that it won't be hard to "half track it" with a modded Turbo S. Meaning cross the 1/2 mile about when the Demon gets to the 1/4 mile mark on an unprepped surface.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge...-drive-review/

Old 07-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Yup. That car has more stipulations than the stripper i met up with last time i was in Vegas. I knew that 9.65 ET claim was only when the earth, moon, and sun lined up.

Ohh the memories from Spearmint Rhino...

Old 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
I agree. This is a "my d$%k is bigger" car for all those muscle heads if I have ever seen one. Lot's of mullets gonna be driving these.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:38 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
I like where this thread is headed. Strippers and d*cks lol

Old 07-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
False. The car wasn't on a well prepped surface and ran as fast as a 10.5 per the computer. Timeslips were not handed out. It's not simplistic drag car like an AWD TT with an automated transmission. There are several systems to utilize including the chiller, line lock, variable launch rpm, transbrake, and launch via paddle. Car and Driver for instance only had 3 passes. The fact it was losing traction while rolling shows the prep track was lacking. Not to mention DA that day.

With skinnys and ECU it's clearly a sub-10 second car and no cage is required UNTIL it is observed breaking 10.0 or 135mph.

I'd like to see all the "mullet-heads" driving an $87k car that has multiple production car firsts and may be tracked at a higher percentage than the GT3 on the road circuit. Demon hater comments are expected on the Facebook pages but you 911 owners aren't doing anyone any favors. It takes a lot more skill and/or process to launch properly than your car especially traction management and reading the conditions is factored in.

Dodge, Chevrolet and Ford all have track-only factory drag cars for sale but this one happens to be the first one that is street legal. It's an instant legend.

I should also add a stock one, even without the ECU upgrade, will take a 991.2 TTS from a roll as well.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 07-20-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:52 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
It's an instant legend.....will take a 991.2 TTS from a roll as well.
You should be on the next episode with Seinfeld.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:03 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Can u do wheelies like it? No.
Did u get a wooden crate with yours? No

See? It's winning loool

90k USD hahahahahahaha

Old 07-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
I guess time will tell...our cars performance is proven...I think there may be a lot of future butt hurt Demon buyers...and Dodge disabled the track timers ??

Last edited by Nanook; 07-20-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
I was surprised at the claim when compared to the Hellcat. This explains the big time drop. I'll give them credit though, they did it with NHRA certification so I would assume the car really can and did make the number they claim. Just not on the street.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by _ace_
I was surprised at the claim when compared to the Hellcat. This explains the big time drop. I'll give them credit though, they did it with NHRA certification so I would assume the car really can and did make the number they claim. Just not on the street.
No doubt it has lots of HP and fast in a straight line in the 1/4. If going to the local strip is your thing then nothing better here.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
The Trans brake sounds like a circus, and did Motor Trend really say ( It seems like all the time is in the Launch ! )
No **** all the time is in the Launch in the 1/4 mile. I wonder what the Mph was.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
False. The car wasn't on a well prepped surface

You have a deposit down on one or something??

Regarding "prepped" surfaces, if it was cleaned, it's well prepped. Bring your car to an airstrip event and I'll show you a surface that's not well prepped. Rocks, sand, random painted surfaces and other debris all over the launch area. Maybe your view of lack "well-prepped" is that VHT wasn't sprayed all over the ground or the blow torch guy forgot to show up.

Sure some strips are better than others. And of course we have all seen some miracles at places like ATCO - a recent example is a 500 HP GT3RS that went 10.6 @ 132.X and it's a second and 8mph down at other tracks.

Remember, this was an independent test from Motor Trend, which is the group that gets the most sh*t for usually doing the opposite - getting quicker times that everyone else !

Old 07-21-2017, 12:38 PM
The big rub is not that this car is a POS, it's that Dodge's marketing campaign is completely disingenuous.

0-60 in 2.3 seconds? 140mph 1/4 mile trap? Terrific post up the conditions and exactly what you did to get that. NOW, also post the avg street results in varying DA conditions in street trim and pump gas like Porsche an other manufacturers do it.

Well they didn't but Motor Trend did. 11.0 Now they are paying for the deceit.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:39 PM
I will exit now, between Blackwell and longboarder they got this so called "automotive journalist" on lockdown.

Not sure there are two others on the planet that know more on straight line events, carry on gents. Popcorn is out.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Simple facts..

Porsche = one of few companies who understate hp/performance numbers
Dodge = one of many who overstate hp/performance numbers

Last edited by Nanook; 07-21-2017 at 03:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.