Demon LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
You obviously have some kind of bone to pick with me. And I think you are hard headed and aren't listening to my point so I'll just leave this last point that I will put up my 991 Turbo S which in street tires should put up slightly slower numbers as Dodge is claiming for the Demon. Soon they will show up to our SoCal race events, and I will race one. Not against a magazine editor but an actual owner. And I will get it on video and I will post it here so you to see. You seem convinced the Demon will do what Dodge says, and this time it will be in the hands of owners. Care to place a wager on the outcome?

Usually I will not race anything other that the heavily modded GTRs, 911 Turbos, 918's TT AWD Lambos and bikes because racing other cars is pointless, particular any RWD cars. They have no chance.

Here's a last event attended by my now sold 997.2 Turbo S which puts up similar numbers as my 991 Turbo S. The 997.2 made 600 wheel and my 991 makes 650 but is heavier.
Your language and attitude is objectionable. Why would I wager on an individual event with unknown people, conditions and something I have no control over? Even that challenge is silly. I recognize the variables of launching a front engine, RWD car vs. a clear consistency advantage of an AWD, rear engine, PDK car. That doesn't make the Demon inferior, it makes it less expensive and more skill in the prep and launch.

You think RWD is a disqualifier? Why don't you race against the Pro-Mods at NHRA and IHRA events if you do so well against RWD cars? I bet they have a chance....

When conditions and prep is good, and the owner experienced, yep, it will do what Dodge claims. No matter what, I look forward to any Demon videos.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:19 PM
ninjakris is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't post on here much at all, but I think I will chime in on this subject.

No matter if its a road course, 1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, or 1/8 mile, a professional driver with a lot of seat time will pretty much always beat the average joe or journalist. With the right driver in the right conditions, I believe the reported 9.x time that dodge posted is true and can be replicated. Will that happen anytime soon? Who knows. Will someone get a glory run and beat that time? Probably.

Does this mean the Demon is better than a 911? Nah. Just different. Like someone else pointed out, I highly doubt a person will be cross-shopping these two cars.

Whats going to be interesting is when the aftermarket starts getting their hands on the Demon. Be ready to see some 1Khp cars on the streets very soon with not much modifications.

Once these hit the 1/2 mile events, I fully expect them to be a mid to high 150's car in stock form. For those that don't know, thats very impressive. The list of cars that can do >150 out of the box is very small and usually has a price tag of over $100K.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:44 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
EXACTLY correct. Shows how much you know.

The big magazine journalits have NO drag racing experience. For years I've told them to measure the 60ft and R&T only started a little while ago. None of them operated a transbrake before, no other car has drag radials, and nothing they have launched has had this much horsepower without a DCT, AWD or mid engine.

If you bothered to read any of the reports, some only got 3 runs and they either bogged it or smoked the tires. My guess is none of them (except of course Hot Rod Magazine if they were even there) have done any drag racing on the side and played with tire pressures for optimal 60fts. Let alone cool down procedures, etc. Why do you think owners beat their times?

So yeah, I'd say they were inexperienced and the car takes practice.
May I ask, do your work for Dodge?

Manuel

Old 07-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
May I ask, do your work for Dodge?

Manuel
No, I asked to be included in the media launch but was told it was a very small event, smaller than anticipated. I'm small-time anyway since it's a hobby.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:06 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
I've owned a series of 911 turbos and gt2 in the past. I've ordered a demon and look forward to driving it daily. How quick will it be? I'll know later this year.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:27 AM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
American manufacturers don't get it and probably never will. Keep throwing big noisy engines in cars. However, when it comes down to it, they just can't compete....I guess you have to be a professional to drive the dodge because the average Joe isn't smart enough to figure it out. Wow Dodge! Way to put all that technology into the car as it's so useful for your customers.

Sorry, just got on a rant which isn't like me at all. I actually love all cars but am so disappointed in American manufacturers for not getting it. The PCARS are suited for road courses not drag strips or airstrips, however, the PCARS compete there and usually cross the line first..it is a drag race first!
line up the Dodge.......

jeff

Old 07-31-2017, 11:06 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Not wanting to be argumentative but how many owners of 918s can run the Nurburgring in 6:57 or GT3 owners in 7:12?
Point is, I never expected to come close to advertised, purely a performance yardstick to tell me it is quicker than say, a hellcat.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
American manufacturers don't get it and probably never will. Keep throwing big noisy engines in cars. However, when it comes down to it, they just can't compete....I guess you have to be a professional to drive the dodge because the average Joe isn't smart enough to figure it out. Wow Dodge! Way to put all that technology into the car as it's so useful for your customers.

Sorry, just got on a rant which isn't like me at all. I actually love all cars but am so disappointed in American manufacturers for not getting it. The PCARS are suited for road courses not drag strips or airstrips, however, the PCARS compete there and usually cross the line first..it is a drag race first!
line up the Dodge.......

jeff
Then again multiple production car firsts, engine note loved by many, and the first production car equipped for what is likely the worlds most participatory form of motorsport. For $1 it is as useful as a Panamera too.

Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
Not wanting to be argumentative but how many owners of 918s can run the Nurburgring in 6:57 or GT3 owners in 7:12?
Point is, I never expected to come close to advertised, purely a performance yardstick to tell me it is quicker than say, a hellcat.
It traps at 140mph, whether or not an owner can hook up, that is still among the worlds elite.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:59 PM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have a single problem with "big dumb engines". It's power:weight and cornering grip / feel that get my attention. If the Corvette was as exotic and as accessable as my TTS I'd probably have bought one... the performance wasn't really at question, the ability to use the performance any time was.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by solipsistik
I don't have a single problem with "big dumb engines". It's power:weight and cornering grip / feel that get my attention. If the Corvette was as exotic and as accessable as my TTS I'd probably have bought one... the performance wasn't really at question, the ability to use the performance any time was.
I just wish we'd see another American mid-engine V8 (or V10) sports car made of aluminum and equipped with a decent suspension. Aluminum will be enough to keep the weight in check and just consult with lotus if the suspension is tricky. Call up one of the big German firms for a transmission and tweak an existing engine... that's not a lot of work for a halo car!

Demon is not my cup of tea but I'm happy they make such a ridiculous beast. My brother would really enjoy one. And I like the point about lap times.

I think the big issue is we on this forum often take for granted that the 911 turbo layout is just about the best possible drag racing platform for any production car - rear engine traction plus all wheel drive and a slick transmission... besides just giving it more outright power, it doesn't get much better for drag racing / half mile events.

Last edited by _ace_; 08-03-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:23 PM
v10tt has a spectacular aura aboutv10tt has a spectacular aura about
With its trap speed, even if under 140 it will walk away from a roll from the 991 TT.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:42 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v10tt
With its trap speed, even if under 140 it will walk away from a roll from the 991 TT.
I always love this statement. Insert other cars, doesn't matter. Funny how not many can beat a Porsche TT/S from a dig so they change the race to a roll so they can at least have a chance. Hellcat owners did the same.

How many drag races start from a roll? Isn't this a drag car that is street legal as all the marketing states?

Old 08-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
I always love this statement. Insert other cars, doesn't matter. Funny how not many can beat a Porsche TT/S from a dig so they change the race to a roll so they can at least have a chance. Hellcat owners did the same.

How many drag races start from a roll? Isn't this a drag car that is street legal as all the marketing states?
Most encounters on the street are from a roll, the 60-130 metric is from a roll, there are speed events held from a roll.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:44 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Most encounters on the street are from a roll, the 60-130 metric is from a roll, there are speed events held from a roll.
Illegal and dangerous to race on the street. And most speeds events have already transitioned to dig starts. Which is great news for the Demon, claimed by Dodge to be the quickest factory stock car on the planet. Can't wait to see it in action.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
I hope its considerable faster than the hellcats from a roll, not impressed with them from a roll or a Dig. 707hp Hellcats were trapping mid 140's a 991 Turbo will smoke a hellcat from roll so hopefully they found some fairy dust to sprinkle on those Demons.

On the other hand I cant wait to see 1,000whp demons running around it should be that hard to get some big HP out of them. Cant wait to see some 1,000hp ZL1 Camaro's running around as well. Ive got a 2017 SS Camaro I put a Procharger on and it out runs C7 Zo6's and Hellcats all day long.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.