Demon LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Manuel what's up brother Merry Christmas! Yes OmegaMotorsorts NoFlyZone are "half mile events" but the data I have they run more than a half mile. Total accel distance varies by runway. This event (NFZArizona) has the longest runway from what I have seen so they have a longer accel zone from my estimates.

That out if the way, 160 is a lot worse than I thought for a Demon. Particularly because the weather was cold that weekend. Perfect for boosted cars. Elevation is near sea level. A stock 991 Turbo would have produced faster results at ~250 less HP.

It's a cool car for the dragstrip Im sure with a nice prepped surface and DRs heated with a skilled driver. But outside that very specific situation it cannot come close to producing the accel results as published by Dodge.

Hi buddy,

Merry Christmas to you and the family.Really thought the Demon had more in it, with all the hype from Dodge!

Manuel

Last edited by Boosted TTS; 12-27-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
Well, they are being delivered, one guy with a yellow one took it to a 1/2 mile event and ran 160.3. Car had 501 miles on the odometer and He was on the pump gas setting (808hp): I know these posts are crap w/o video so see :
https://youtu.be/m3N9oeKwU-0
you see the 2 orange cones right about 300ft in front of the start, that is the official 1/2 mile start cones so these guys are running 1/2 mile + 300ft. Still great times

Old 12-29-2017, 08:53 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
I think it's cool that these cars are being built but they are strictly 1/4 mile cars. Over 130mph or so it takes a lot of hp to shove that brick through the air. I would like to point out something I find remarkable, which is that the PDK 997.2/991 cars are amazing 1/2 mile drag cars not by design but by engineering accident. The nerds in Porsche's engineering/design offices don't have ShiftSector posters lining their cubes. The fact that these things (991s anyway) run freakin' 9s with exhaust, a tune and a minor meth habit is merely a byproduct of Porsche's intent.

Dodge is very clear with the Demon. It was designed to do only one thing well and it involves jumping through a bunch of hoops to get the desired result, which is part of the appeal. I rocked a mullet in high school and I used to haul a floor jack to the track in the trunk of my 11 sec '70 Camaro with the 10in ET drags piled in the backseat. If Dodge really wanted to keep up with a $200k TTS in the half they would have skipped the blower and bolted a pair of snails to it

Old 12-30-2017, 06:53 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NBoost
I think it's cool that these cars are being built but they are strictly 1/4 mile cars. Over 130mph or so it takes a lot of hp to shove that brick through the air. I would like to point out something I find remarkable, which is that the PDK 997.2/991 cars are amazing 1/2 mile drag cars not by design but by engineering accident. The nerds in Porsche's engineering/design offices don't have ShiftSector posters lining their cubes. The fact that these things (991s anyway) run freakin' 9s with exhaust, a tune and a minor meth habit is merely a byproduct of Porsche's intent.

Dodge is very clear with the Demon. It was designed to do only one thing well and it involves jumping through a bunch of hoops to get the desired result, which is part of the appeal. I rocked a mullet in high school and I used to haul a floor jack to the track in the trunk of my 11 sec '70 Camaro with the 10in ET drags piled in the backseat. If Dodge really wanted to keep up with a $200k TTS in the half they would have skipped the blower and bolted a pair of snails to it
We all like the car. The car is not the issue. If you have one congratulations I'm sure it's a blast and fun to drive to the strip, swap out tires, octane and then drive home no issues.

And you are right Dodge was very clear about something.....which is the 0-60 2.3 and 9.65@140 performance statistics. But test after test now has proven that even on a prepped strip no one can come close to replicating. The entire issue is Dodge's disingenuous marketing dept. That's the problem because a lot of people believe the published stats are replicated in all conditions/configurations.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
Have all the kids left the playground. Is I safe to come out now?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:07 PM
8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT

...last time I checked, a 991 TTS, even heavily modded, wasn't doing 9's.
My modded 991 TTS (just FBO, turbos, meth w/stock engine) did 9.49 and trapped 147mph in 1/4 mile.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:48 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
We all like the car. The car is not the issue. If you have one congratulations I'm sure it's a blast and fun to drive to the strip, swap out tires, octane and then drive home no issues.

And you are right Dodge was very clear about something.....which is the 0-60 2.3 and 9.65@140 performance statistics. But test after test now has proven that even on a prepped strip no one can come close to replicating. The entire issue is Dodge's disingenuous marketing dept. That's the problem because a lot of people believe the published stats are replicated in all conditions/configurations.
I don't have one, nor do I want one. I just think it's cool that they're being built, that's all. FWIW I cut my mullet off when I left for undergrad and went Japanese for a while until I could afford German, lol. I get your point about marketing bs but it doesn't bother me. Porsche lies too. Our cars are faster than advertised.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:24 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Drag times test Demon vs P100D:

991.1 Turbo S GIAC/Champion with street tires vs P100D:

Last edited by longboarder; 04-13-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:56 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Yeah I posted that link in another thread. Clearly the Demon is not good unless on a perfectly prepped surface and is a singularly focused, one trick pony.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Yeah I posted that link in another thread. Clearly the Demon is not good unless on a perfectly prepped surface and is a singularly focused, one trick pony.
Did u get a GT3 yet? I'm thinking a 991.2 GT3 vs Demon would be a great race. Even tho the GT3 isnt made for drag runs...but that's the reality of the situation.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:41 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Did u get a GT3 yet? I'm thinking a 991.2 GT3 vs Demon would be a great race. Even tho the GT3 isnt made for drag runs...but that's the reality of the situation.
I did thanks for asking. Bought a white .1 with 1,900 CPOd in November. Already have 8k on it (not my DD). One Spring Mountain track day and just got back from a 2,800 road trip with another Porsche couple.

I am loving it.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Can't agree more!

Old 04-13-2018, 03:07 PM
I did thanks for asking. Bought a white .1 with 1,900 CPOd in November. Already have 8k on it (not my DD). One Spring Mountain track day and just got back from a 2,800 road trip with another Porsche couple.

I am loving it.

Awesome congrats! Love SMMR! I ran it years ago and would love to try with the GT3 as it's a pretty technical track.

I'm assuming you don't have the bucket seats. I'm happy with them on the track but jeez they aren't good at all for a long drive.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Awesome congrats! Love SMMR! I ran it years ago and would love to try with the GT3 as it's a pretty technical track.

I'm assuming you don't have the bucket seats. I'm happy with them on the track but jeez they aren't good at all for a long drive.
Nope I am a sofa lover. I have a wonderful wife that loves Porsches like I do and enjoys road trips and weekend drives. I need comfort over looks and function.

For my 4 weekend track events a year the sofas are plenty stable. I track to have fun and am never pushing hard.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:43 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
It’s probably the handest launching front engine, rear drive, stock production car in existence. Some random driver who can’t launch or prep his tires is meaningless. It’s sold as a one-trick pony, why is that a surprise?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.