Spoiler failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Anthony997.2 will become famous soon enoughAnthony997.2 will become famous soon enough
Spoiler failure

Hi guys,

Recently on the freeway had the spoiler failure message in red pop up. The front and rear spoiler do work perfectly manually at lower speeds though but it is only once I reach the deployment speed that the message pops up and that the system is deactivated.

I live in Europe and we just came out of a freezing winter (unfortunately car stays outside the whole nights ) Could it be the air supply module that needs to be changed ?
My car is a 2014 TTS.

thanks for your help.

Last edited by Anthony997.2; 03-16-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:03 PM
paulbaj is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Anthony997.2;4703568]
Hi guys,

Recently on the freeway had the spoiler failure message in red pop up. The front and rear spoiler do work perfectly manually at lower speeds though but it is only once I reach the deployment speed that the message pops up and that the system is deactivated.

I live in Europe and we just came out of a freezing winter (unfortunately car stays outside the whole nights ) Could it be the air supply module that needs to be changed ?
My car is a 2014 TTS.

thanks for your help

I have the same issue. Did you get it sorted?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Anthony997.2 will become famous soon enoughAnthony997.2 will become famous soon enough
Hi,
yes it got sorted sorted out by itself. This happened after I drove into some snow and ice so probably ice got trapped in one of the sensors in some way. When weather improved after some time the problem went away

Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 PM
paulbaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to hear.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:38 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
This has happened multiple times on my car. The dealer keeps fixing it but the error message keeps coming back. Annoying but this has been the only issue in 3 years of otherwise completely reliable ownership so i cant really complain.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:48 PM
k2man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by longboarder
This has happened multiple times on my car. The dealer keeps fixing it but the error message keeps coming back. Annoying but this has been the only issue in 3 years of otherwise completely reliable ownership so i cant really complain.
I had to have my front spoiler replaced because I ripped it on a curb. After installing the new parts, the dealer reprogramed it but the error message came back. After bringing it back they finally called Porsche NA and realized that there was some kind of software patch that was not installed (not sure if it was in the dealers equipment of the software in my car. If its not a mechanical issue, you might have your dealer call Porsche to make sure its not a software issue.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:42 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k2man
I had to have my front spoiler replaced because I ripped it on a curb. After installing the new parts, the dealer reprogramed it but the error message came back. After bringing it back they finally called Porsche NA and realized that there was some kind of software patch that was not installed (not sure if it was in the dealers equipment of the software in my car. If its not a mechanical issue, you might have your dealer call Porsche to make sure its not a software issue.
Good info thanks!

Old 02-09-2019, 02:39 PM
armana87 is on a distinguished road
Had this happen several times, turned the car on and off sometimes still wouldnt work but after turning the car off, locking the doors and waiting about 10-15 minutes, works again. I am 100% certain this is a software issue.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:52 PM
Ansari991tts is an unknown quantity at this point
Check with your dealer on the Dynamic Compressor there might be a leak for aero dynamic. I had the same issue before i changed the compressor and now no issues. Cost around $900-$1000 USD