Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 08:22 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Am I missing something?

I am enjoying my 3 month old 2018 911 TurboS but I keep watching Utube videos from all these top car bloggers on how great the 2018 gt3 is. I am not a fan of the big spoiler but I went out to look at a 2000 mile PDK one in Florida for a possible trade. I thought the car was fine but I enjoy the huge torque of the TTS. Yes the exhaust note is better on the gt3 (I have a fab speed exhaust ordered) but other then that I am not sure what all the hype is. Am I missing something? I thought I was good until a pre-owmed chalk touring gt3 arrived at my local dealer. Here I go again!

Last edited by georgemaser; 07-07-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
If you like to play on a track, then yes... you are missing something. If not, no.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:08 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if you like to play on track, the GT3 is not the only good answer to that.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:50 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
The two cars are very different but it just comes down to preferences. I personally love the high revving NA motor much more than the Turbo motor. Even though the Turbo is faster doesnt mean its better. The GT3 feels like a racecar from the steering feel to throttle response and of course the pdk-s was incredibly well done completely different than the pdk unit in the Turbo.

I wanted an NA car to compliment the Turbo and figured I'd get a 458, 430 scud R8v10 or something like that but ended up with the GT3 it was far better than those others IMHO with no compromise on the intoxicating sound.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by solipsistik
Even if you like to play on track, the GT3 is not the only good answer to that.
Agreed; the Turbo is actually quicker on most tracks than the GT3 anyway...

Old 07-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
That's one reason why i choose Turbo again. It's easier to get a Turbo to hang with a GT3 in the turns rather than a GT3 hang with a Turbo in the straights. The experience with the GT3 must be awesome though. I've only driven one at slow speeds during a test drive.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:19 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
I have to say the GT3 looks - front and rear end is really aggressive
I wonder why Porsche does not give the same front end to the TTS

Old 07-22-2018, 04:35 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keeperofbeasts
I wonder why Porsche does not give the same front end to the TTS
The GT3 is difficult to manage onto an incline.

The TTS has the fancy front-end bladder so that driving it is a totally (unwanted)stress free super-car experience.

I love that the TTS can be driven through town, down alleyways, and into my driveway with less consideration than a 3-series.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
But it isn't as engaging, which is why some of us have other cars for that. I'm willing to wait in a years-long line to pay $230k+ for a GT3-RS. Just for the experience of driving it full song on a wide variety of tracks. The TTS is fun, but the GT3/GT3RS is actually intoxicating. A Performante might be similarly so, but the cost of Lambo ownership compared to the GT3RS is unnecessary.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:05 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the track and feeling: Give all those "purists" the chance to change for free their gt3/rs for a gt2rs and see the truth, my bet 99% would change

The turbo is made slower on purpose by porsche, but all those canbe easily fixed - springs/coilovers, allignment, tires, exhaust, tune. Voila!

I dont deny the (better) behaviour of N/A but putting everything in balance, for me the TTS comes first, I have a .2 TTS and the engine is really there all the time at the track