3.8 DFI owner asking about COBB OTS tunes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:28 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
3.8 DFI owner asking about COBB OTS tunes

*** pls this is me, myself and I asking ***

Hello all

I've been wondering about COBB OTS tunes.

My main question is around what's the optimization factor for power versus what us possible on an engine platform.. and how does those tunes get affected with fuel grades around the world?

This video triggered the subject recently although it's been on my mind for a couple of years and never paid attention to it... Until now!

https://youtu.be/RXhsAogxvOs

I know there is an eco system of tuners and resellers to be protected by COBB. But I was just wondering if they are doing it with max safety favyors.. or to allow pro tuners get more edge??

Any thoughts?

Last edited by 3llooi; 11-24-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
I.O.O. for info.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:27 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
That's my car. An honest, unbiased review based on my personal experience from a certain tuner followed by ESMOTOR.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:26 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of years ago I had a 997.2 TTS that I bought mildly modified with a Sportec tune and Europipe catted exhaust. I had fun with the car, ran pretty well...

Fast forward to about 6-8 months of owning the car I wanted to go faster.... bought a COBB AP and had a local shop custom tune the car. Ran GREAT! Wanted to go faster... bought AMS I/C’s and had another custom tune done to take advantage of the new I/C’s...

Ran the car at my local drag strip and it felt quick, but not fast! On freeway pulls it felt like it plateaued about 130ish mph. At 150 it was done pulling. Strong to there, but always felt not as fast as it should be.

Anyway, I learned of Emre through this forum and contacted him to discuss my car and my thoughts on it. He offered to look at my tune file and quickly saw it was running out of fuel between 2nd and 3rd gear. 4th gear it would level out and pretty much be maxed out for the tune loaded in the car. He told me he could make the car run like I felt it should run with just a tweak in the tune.... moral of the story? Emre is probably the best tuner at getting ALL the power out of a car you can get.

Several good tuners out there, but ES is the best in my opinion at making a fast car really fast!

Old 11-28-2018, 02:42 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
That's my car. An honest, unbiased review based on my personal experience from a certain tuner followed by ESMOTOR.
Oh!

Thanks for noting that. It's an informative quick video. Which intrigued me the most is the improvement from OTS to "real" custom tuning based on logs.

I also understand that out of respect, you didn't want to share the name of Tuner X.... I am sure that's you being a gentleman. But how does newbies get by or research? Apparently you were one as I gathered?

Anyway...
I hope we can get more info on comparisons, OTS to custom pro tunes.

Because it's an eco system and of course anyone who understands the cycles of business, would be intrigued to know how much is actually left at the table..

Bit also how does that affect the majority of users that they'll opt of an ots tune at first... And then seek pro tuning.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 3llooi
*** pls this is me, myself and I asking ***

Hello all

I've been wondering about COBB OTS tunes.

My main question is around what's the optimization factor for power versus what us possible on an engine platform.. and how does those tunes get affected with fuel grades around the world?

This video triggered the subject recently although it's been on my mind for a couple of years and never paid attention to it... Until now!

I know there is an eco system of tuners and resellers to be protected by COBB. But I was just wondering if they are doing it with max safety favyors.. or to allow pro tuners get more edge??

Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Hi guys,

Not sure where you are trying to get with this video and/or thread. I agree with you guys that there are several tuners out there, but it is BS that you are trying to bash By Design/Cobb in your thread and/or video. Do you know how many cars are out there running strong with By Design/Cobb tunes, hundreds. I am sorry, this is not right...there are some many variants...logs, ambient temps, surface, driver mod, keeping the car safe...I could keep going on and on. I have nothing against Emre, he tunes one of my best friends (991.2 TTS) cars in Puerto Rico and the car runs amazing. You guys are just trying to instigate and talk s&*^, sorry but its as simple as that.

Manuel

Old 12-04-2018, 03:19 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
What makes you think we’re talking **** about anyone? I stated facts on my post. I can back it up with data. I never once mentioned who tuned my car but it sure as hell wasn’t ByDesign. So leave me out of your rant because I was offering my opinion of Emre’s tuning and extracting the most power out of a tune.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
What makes you think we’re talking **** about anyone? I stated facts on my post. I can back it up with data. I never once mentioned who tuned my car but it sure as hell wasn’t ByDesign. So leave me out of your rant because I was offering my opinion of Emre’s tuning and extracting the most power out of a tune.
Please read again, I am not quoting you!!!

Old 12-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi guys,

Not sure where you are trying to get with this video and/or thread. I agree with you guys that there are several tuners out there, but it is BS that you are trying to bash By Design/Cobb in your thread and/or video. Do you know how many cars are out there running strong with By Design/Cobb tunes, hundreds. I am sorry, this is not right...there are some many variants...logs, ambient temps, surface, driver mod, keeping the car safe...I could keep going on and on. I have nothing against Emre, he tunes one of my best friends (991.2 TTS) cars in Puerto Rico and the car runs amazing. You guys are just trying to instigate and talk s&*^, sorry but its as simple as that.

Manuel

Hi

Read my post again. Why you come storming here defending a person/compant who's not a suspect?

If you're too edgy about it, leave me out of it

Old 12-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Suspect? It just seems like you are also trying to discredit Cobb for what they bring to the table.

Manuel

Old 12-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Here comes the fan boys to stir **** about ByDesign.

Trolls, will it ever end? Somebody most be hurting for business trying to bash ByDesign on any way imaginable.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:52 AM
I feel like these threads are always subjective on both sides of the argument... I simply added my opinion on a thread where a guy had a happy experience with an Emre tune. I guess I’m not reading into this as much as some are by ASSUMING the op is bashing ByDesign. He never mentioned once the other tuner, just had a questionable tune fixed by Emre. Maybe I’m naive and he really is bashing ByDesign, maybe not. But if their name wasn’t directly mentioned why would any of you run to their rescue and call us trolls and bad people?

Old 12-05-2018, 11:53 AM
I was only opening a topic about a study or an experiment on OTS tunes and pro tuning.
trying to understand an eco system and what's actually left on the table to sippors pro tuners

An idiot would think that I am underestimating what a great platform and efforts COBB has presented us.

Then all of a sudden, a bunch of butt hurt fan boys of Tuner X come in storming about non sense.
sense.

All this is totally off topic and not the subject of the original post.

Unless it's the usual here that every topic about tuning is a war between few people!!!

Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
I feel like these threads are always subjective on both sides of the argument... I simply added my opinion on a thread where a guy had a happy experience with an Emre tune. I guess I’m not reading into this as much as some are by ASSUMING the op is bashing ByDesign. He never mentioned once the other tuner, just had a questionable tune fixed by Emre. Maybe I’m naive and he really is bashing ByDesign, maybe not. But if their name wasn’t directly mentioned why would any of you run to their rescue and call us trolls and bad people?

Plain and simple, I'm trying to comprehend the business model!! COBB can make the most powerful OTS maps.. why they didn't? My assumption was based on the video I posted since it has basic info of OTS vs pro tuners.. in both cases they were faster than OTS right? I don't care and didn't mention ESMOTOR vs Tuner X!!
Probably my English is failing me to deliver a message clearly, or just people don't read the post!!

In all cases, if Tuner X is ByDesign, then I simply did not know!!! Seems the fanboys are telling me now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.8 DFI owner asking about COBB OTS tunes