Tires for Extra HP ?

Old 12-02-2018, 08:22 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Tires for Extra HP ?

i'm trying to build my car to be in the 700hp range , and the factory tires wont even support the 640 it makes now . i'm not sure i want R888 , i dont want the noise, what other options are out there? i had bridgestone , ( NT01 , i think thats what they were) on my e85 997.1 but they would spin on the 1-2 shift pretty bad . any options would be great ! thanks in advance.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
i'm trying to build my car to be in the 700hp range , and the factory tires wont even support the 640 it makes now . i'm not sure i want R888 , i dont want the noise, what other options are out there? i had bridgestone , ( NT01 , i think thats what they were) on my e85 997.1 but they would spin on the 1-2 shift pretty bad . any options would be great ! thanks in advance.
Cups Buddy. They’re soft, but they work!!! I’d run R888R’s, but that’s me... 😕

Old 12-02-2018, 09:26 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra

Cups Buddy. They’re soft, but they work!!! I’d run R888R’s, but that’s me... 😕
i'm thinking i may just put r888 on my spare wheels and bolt them up when necessary . hopefully all is well maclaren boy !!

Old 12-02-2018, 10:47 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
i'm thinking i may just put r888 on my spare wheels and bolt them up when necessary . hopefully all is well maclaren boy !!
Do it!!! Eh, I’m not sure it’ll even start?!?!? Been in the garage for the last 2 1/2 weeks without even being started, much less driven... home renno projects are taking all my spare time! Tires are very important as you well know. I honestly would use the best all around tire and I believe these to be the R888R’s. Hotrods all have concessions that have to be made including noise... point? Turn the radio up to silience the tire noise. (Right foot down) 😬

Old 12-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
People seem to love the PS4S's...Are they not holding higher power? Not heard much about them and modded cars.

Cup2's I know should be good, as long as you have heat in them.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:21 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute
What tires are on there now? Did they change the pirellis on the .2's or are they the same garbage ones that they had on the 991.1 . My car bone stock would spin insane on them. Switched to Michelin PS4's at around 700whp it does 9.9 at the track, 10.0 on the street, will do consistent 0-60 in 2.5 on regular pavement provided they have heat in them. Comfortable, quiet, no compromise.

Last edited by arkadyzv; 12-03-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Big Swole
People seem to love the PS4S's...Are they not holding higher power? Not heard much about them and modded cars.

Cup2's I know should be good, as long as you have heat in them.
i have a spare set of wheels, i'll toss the 888's on and go from there. i like how much more refined and quiet my 991.2 is vs my 997.1 and really dont wanna go to far backwards in the refinement unless i'm at the track .

Old 12-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by arkadyzv
What tires are on there now? Did they change the pirellis on the .2's or are they the same garbage ones that they had on the 991.1 . My car bone stock would spin insane on them. Switched to Michelin PS4's at around 700whp it does 9.9 at the track, 10.0 on the street, will do consistent 0-60 in 2.5 on regular pavement provided they have heat in them. Comfortable, quiet, no compromise.

^^^ Sounds like ^^^ had some great luck with the PS4S's

i have a spare set of wheels, i'll toss the 888's on and go from there. i like how much more refined and quiet my 991.2 is vs my 997.1 and really dont wanna go to far backwards in the refinement unless i'm at the track .
But spare set with the trip. 8's will work too.

I wish I had 991.2 money, but I'm in between your 997.1 tip and the 991. Love my 997.2TTS, especially now with a OTS tune on it. Custom would be even better. Maybe soon.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
I am over 700 AWHP and have the Michelins PS4's with no issues...FYI, the R888's do hook better, BUT are noisier and weigh more.

Manuel

Old 12-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
I am over 700 AWHP and have the Michelins PS4's with no issues...FYI, the R888's do hook better, BUT are noisier and weigh more.

Manuel
thanks !! i think since i have a spare set i'll just put the best hooking tire on. i have 68's , intercoolers and meth so i should be over 700 once the tuning comes around . curious, how do the ps4's act for normal daily driving ? and have you taken it down the 1/4 mile ?

Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
thanks !! i think since i have a spare set i'll just put the best hooking tire on. i have 68's , intercoolers and meth so i should be over 700 once the tuning comes around . curious, how do the ps4's act for normal daily driving ? and have you taken it down the 1/4 mile ?
Hi,

The PS4’s are great for daily driving. No, I have not taken it to the 1/4 mile...only 1/2 mile events and 1,320 ft roll events at PBIR...last roll race event it did 148mph and last true 1/2 mile event it did 175.78 mph.

Manuel

Old 12-04-2018, 08:16 PM

Dang bro... You didn't waste much time getting that think modded up Right!! 700+ WHP should be a freakin Hoot!

Old 12-06-2018, 05:21 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
I make 700 whp on 100 octane, with the stock Pirelli's traction was an issue at any temp, switched to Michelin PSS, run them several lbs lower and my traction is fine now, except for under 50 degrees, and I can live with that

Old 12-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
R7 Hoosier booth 20 and 19 inch available

Old 12-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by hcvone
I make 700 whp on 100 octane, with the stock Pirelli's traction was an issue at any temp, switched to Michelin PSS, run them several lbs lower and my traction is fine now, except for under 50 degrees, and I can live with that
thanks for the info !

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tires for Extra HP ?