Lowering springs / Front end lift kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 03:14 PM
k2man is on a distinguished road
Lowering springs / Front end lift kit

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to lower my 2017 991.2 TTS without sacrificing too much ride comfort. I want to get new wheels and it seems it looks better with the car lowered. Also, I may need to put in a front end lift kit like Techart because of my driveway so comments on lift kits are also welcome.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Steinhart is on a distinguished road

I have a 2017 TTS Cab lowered on Techart springs with 21" HRE rims, I have no issues whatsoever, no change in ride comfort, no scraping, normal driving, I do have front axle lift but never use it, I love the look, no regrets

Old 06-13-2019, 09:39 AM
ArtF10M5 is on a distinguished road
I have been contemplating lowering my 2018 turbo for the last few weeks. My reservation is that I live in NY and our roads are horrendous. The car does sit too high tho. The most conservative drop is with eibach. Then Techart and then gmg is slightly lower. H&R is the lowest. For me Techart seems to be the sweet spot

Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Thanks Steinhart,

I’ve heard other positive feedback on the tech art springs as far as ride comfort.....Nice ride!

Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by k2man
Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to lower my 2017 991.2 TTS without sacrificing too much ride comfort. I want to get new wheels and it seems it looks better with the car lowered. Also, I may need to put in a front end lift kit like Techart because of my driveway so comments on lift kits are also welcome.
Originally Posted by ArtF10M5
I have been contemplating lowering my 2018 turbo for the last few weeks. My reservation is that I live in NY and our roads are horrendous. The car does sit too high tho. The most conservative drop is with eibach. Then Techart and then gmg is slightly lower. H&R is the lowest. For me Techart seems to be the sweet spot
We carry all the springs mentioned and from customer experience the TechArt's do the best job of lowering the car but still maintaining a ride that is as close to OEM ride as possible.

K2, we can package together the wheels & springs so that you can save cash on both.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Steinhart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by k2man
Thanks Steinhart,

I’ve heard other positive feedback on the tech art springs as far as ride comfort.....Nice ride!
thank you!

Old 06-14-2019, 09:49 PM
swoobie is on a distinguished road
Another vote for TechArt - the Turbo is way too high, TechArt is just the right drop - looks a bit more like a GT. I also have FAL and use it regularly.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by swoobie
Another vote for TechArt - the Turbo is way too high, TechArt is just the right drop - looks a bit more like a GT. I also have FAL and use it regularly.

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:00 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
H&R all day long, Techart springs are overpriced!

Last edited by Boosted TTS; 06-15-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:45 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
H&R if you want the slammed look. Eibach or Techart if you want it just right. I have heard the Techart is made by Eibach?? Not sure if that's true or not.

Techart is overpriced but sounds like it's the best ride quality.

Old 12-21-2019, 04:36 AM
Gixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud of
I love my H&Rs... if you don’t have the factory nose lift, there is a front end lift kit available from Hybrid Air, but it also requires a Coil-over kit too (doesn’t work with PASM).

I have gotten proficient at angled approaches.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:01 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
I recently installed the Techart springs with the DSM module.
The ride is excellent and much better than the harsh bumpy ride in my 997.2 TTS with H& R springs and the DSM module.
If anything the ride is softer than I had expected and the aesthetics and handling is vastly improved!
I will be installing The new model HRE wheels in 21” when released in January of next year.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:17 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4flynlow
I recently installed the Techart springs with the DSM module.
The ride is excellent and much better than the harsh bumpy ride in my 997.2 TTS with H& R springs and the DSM module.
If anything the ride is softer than I had expected and the aesthetics and handling is vastly improved!
I will be installing The new model HRE wheels in 21” when released in January of next year.

Nice....thats my plan and glad to hear it's working well for you. Looks great. Perfect stance for the most part.

How's the front nose clearance now?

That's my only cause for concern.

Thanks.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:41 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
Moto jb
no problem with the front spoiler since lowering.
I have the FAL so I use it when required to avoid scraping.
I have been driving lowered cars for over forty five years and am very experienced at angeling in and out of driveways!

Old 12-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by 4flynlow
Moto jb
no problem with the front spoiler since lowering.
I have the FAL so I use it when required to avoid scraping.
I have been driving lowered cars for over forty five years and am very experienced at angeling in and out of driveways!
My 996 was very low. I know how to deal but am more worried about scraping in the 991.

Are there times where you have to use your FAL? Or could you get by without it, if you had to?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs / Front end lift kit