MODULARE strikes first!!! 2012 Porsche 991 | 21" Modulare B18 Monoblock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up MODULARE strikes first!!! 2012 Porsche 991 | 21" Modulare B18 Monoblock

Hello all,

We are proud to present the very first 991 with a set of aftermarket wheels.....shown below is a 2012 Porsche 991 Carrera S coupe with a set of 21" Modulare B18 forged monoblock wheels in the anthracite powdercoated finish, mated to Michelin PSS tires.

The car comes equipped with a 20" wheel and tire setup from the factory, so we opted for a "plus one" setup and decided on a 21". A special thanks to Chuck Cole and Park Place Porsche for making this possible.

Enjoy the pics!!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
normally you would think: 21" that is too huge on a 911!
but wow, looking good!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:19 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
What a perfect combination. Who would of thought the day would come when 21s on a 911 and they actually look perfect?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
SLOLS3 is on a distinguished road
My question would be why 20's from the factory. Jerz

Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
Excellent work on the 21s ! Look terrific on the white 991.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 PM
SIIK2NR is on a distinguished road
Too big IMO...

Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
amazing!!! six thumbs up

Old 02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
WAY too big! They make the rotors look TINY and therefore ridiculous...

Old 02-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 80shilling
looks like i am not alone. this is the first thing that i look at as well.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 80shilling
That's because the rotors are WAY TINY ... and they are ridic.

Why would Porsche make the rotors sooooooooooo small?

I remember when BIG REDs were the rule !

Maybe they should powder coat them pink.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Remember the wheels are only 1" bigger than stock....so if the brakes look "tiny" now, then would still look smallish with the OE wheels...

The car itself (and the overall tire OD) is bigger than the 997 as well, so the wheel size is proportional to using a 20" on a 997, with a30 series front tire, 25 series rear tire, and zero increase in overall wheel/tire OD.

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Fills the opening very nicely. Very clean design and lean. Very shiny silver rotors peaking out at me.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by peter@wheelexperts
Remember the wheels are only 1" bigger than stock....so if the brakes look "tiny" now, then would still look smallish with the OE wheels...

The car itself (and the overall tire OD) is bigger than the 997 as well, so the wheel size is proportional to using a 20" on a 997, with a30 series front tire, 25 series rear tire, and zero increase in overall wheel/tire OD.
Don't confuse my sanction of the rotors with your wheels. Your wheels are terrific. I care for them a great deal.

I just wonder if ... and I think they did ... Porsche made the rotors on the 991 smaller than the 997? If so, this will reduce any massiveness that the rotors will show with more opening in the wheels. ?"?

Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Bagger
Don't confuse my sanction of the rotors with your wheels. Your wheels are terrific. I care for them a great deal.

I just wonder if ... and I think they did ... Porsche made the rotors on the 991 smaller than the 997? If so, this will reduce any massiveness that the rotors will show with more opening in the wheels. ?"?
I know, thank you! This was directed at those who said the wheels were too big because of the way it made the brakes look.....because I dont think a 1" increase is quite enough to make the rotors go from "OK" to "tiny".

"small" to "tiny", maybe but this would agree with your sentiment that the rotors were small to begin with.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Great styling - neat color.

I'll have to say too big, though. They look like 20's on a 997. A little dub'ish

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MODULARE strikes first!!! 2012 Porsche 991 | 21" Modulare B18 Monoblock