991 Front Plate solutions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
991 Front Plate solutions?

Anyone have a lead on a no-drill front license plate solution for the 991 (with front park sensors!!)?

Seems like it is going to be a real challenge, but people are clever...

Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Meatball is on a distinguished road
I have been searching as well. I hated the plate on the front of my old C4S and I really don't want to drill into my new baby!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Call Brad at US Mill Works. It works great on the 997, but I don't know about 991's and I don't have front sensors. Here is his website:

http://www.usmillworks.com/

Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
treefrog is on a distinguished road
I contacted them last week. They won't have anything for 6 weeks (so now 5).

Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by treefrog
I contacted them last week. They won't have anything for 6 weeks (so now 5).
This may have zero impact on a LEO, but worth a try. Ask him to email you a letter that because it is a new vehicle model, they won't be able to ship until _____. Stick it in you glove box and see what happens if you get pulled over. Metermaids are a different story.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
treefrog is on a distinguished road
I actually have that e-mail. The problem is my 991S is being delivered this Saturday but I am going on a business trip until the 17th!

Old 02-29-2012, 02:58 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
what about those actual size, high quality, color copy of your license plate stickers? i've seen a post or two about them in the past. obviously no drilling.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:54 PM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ahumphrey
Anyone have a lead on a no-drill front license plate solution for the 991 (with front park sensors!!)?

Seems like it is going to be a real challenge, but people are clever...
Look at these two pictures. One shows how the side mounted plate might look; the other shows a center-mounted plate (with drilled holes). I would chose the center placement any day of the week. Drilling will let you maintain the beautiful lines of the car. Besides, nobody is going to see the holes!

Attached Images   
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Ya and in that 2nd picture you are covering my parking sensor completely.

I'm not sure--it's kinda like wearing your baseball cap way off to the side, isn't it? It's youthful and hip?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by KonaKai
what about those actual size, high quality, color copy of your license plate stickers? i've seen a post or two about them in the past. obviously no drilling.
In California those are illegal. I'm not sure where the OP lives.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
either the tow hook or drill under the bumper to install a motorized mount. i heard people gluing high strength magnets inside the bumper too.

i need to invent one that uses some sort of suction cup mount second thought, since there is nothing in the center opening, maybe sticking a block of styrofoam mounted with the plate, secured by velcros? anyone want to try LOL...

Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 AM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Meatball
I have been searching as well. I hated the plate on the front of my old C4S and I really don't want to drill into my new baby!
I got your message. Here is a photo of the tow hook plate mount on my old 997 .
The 991 will look pretty much the same. They have a totally different tow hook on the new model . I should get the new bolt from my machine shop later this week and post some photos then. If you have any questions you can contact me directly at :
stumberger_r@msn.com

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Meatball is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JCS
I got your message. Here is a photo of the tow hook plate mount on my old 997 .
The 991 will look pretty much the same. They have a totally different tow hook on the new model . I should get the new bolt from my machine shop later this week and post some photos then. If you have any questions you can contact me directly at :
stumberger_r@msn.com
Thanks, still struggling with the off center look though. Maybe...

Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM
LOL! It's just a license plate.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
We have the stock and Euro versions, but yea........drilling required.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Front Plate solutions?