Anyone's build beng finalized this week?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:28 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gleek48
My build is in quality control now and a VIN is supposed to be issued within the next day or two. My dealer indicates that the system cannot tell which vessel it will be loaded on. Do you know how to get this information? Is anyone else in the same timing and will know which vessel their car will be loaded onto?

Thanks!
.Just heard from my dealer - I am in QC with you. He said he will not get more info until it gets to a ship. Then, he will get a date for port arrival. He has no idea the time frame from now until then -too many variables. But once he knows the date it gets in to port, I should expect to be driving about 10 days later (needs to clear customs, be transported from R.I. To NJ by truck, then they have a lot of prep to do - unlocking stuff looked down in transport, detailing, etc. he said the biggest variable then is time in customs which could be longer or shorter. I will update as I learn more.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
My situation has moved quickly and to my advantage - my car was one week late getting manufactured, but since then everything went very well. It's a cabriolet so it will probably be one of the first coming into this country. It was manufactured on Feb 28 and made the ship on Mar 1 which then immediately sailed. You should get the name of the ship from your dealer and then you can track it on this website - http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/; it's pretty cool but once the ship is in the open sea, it is "out of range" so you have to get it in the first couple of days that it leaves Bremen. In my case, the website told me that the ship (the Cougar Ace - google it so see it's very interesting history, 4,800 Mazda's were trashed on board this ship in 2008) will reach Davisville (Quonset Point, RI) on March 13th. From there it will be 1 to 2 weeks (probably two, but since my car was one of the last on the ship, maybe it will be one of the first off). It's a tough wait, and there are two many variables to accurately predict the actual delivery. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Newman
My situation has moved quickly and to my advantage - my car was one week late getting manufactured, but since then everything went very well. It's a cabriolet so it will probably be one of the first coming into this country. It was manufactured on Feb 28 and made the ship on Mar 1 which then immediately sailed. You should get the name of the ship from your dealer and then you can track it on this website - http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/; it's pretty cool but once the ship is in the open sea, it is "out of range" so you have to get it in the first couple of days that it leaves Bremen. In my case, the website told me that the ship (the Cougar Ace - google it so see it's very interesting history, 4,800 Mazda's were trashed on board this ship in 2008) will reach Davisville (Quonset Point, RI) on March 13th. From there it will be 1 to 2 weeks (probably two, but since my car was one of the last on the ship, maybe it will be one of the first off). It's a tough wait, and there are two many variables to accurately predict the actual delivery. Good luck!
That is great! I can't wait to see pictures - it should be stunning - and during the day it will be just warm enough for top-down some days. We all think of convertibles in the summer and they are great for summer nights. But for daytime, the spring and fall are where they are best.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AG991
That is great! I can't wait to see pictures - it should be stunning - and during the day it will be just warm enough for top-down some days. We all think of convertibles in the summer and they are great for summer nights. But for daytime, the spring and fall are where they are best.
I agree. This is the first cabriolet I've owned since 1988 - it's been a while!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on your new car Newman and for its imminent and safe arrival.

I found out today that my VIN has been issued and it will move to port likely within the next week or so. My dealer is still stating that their system cannot show the ship its on.

AG991-Since we may be on a similar schedule, please let me know when your dealer gives you your boat's name. Thanks!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Your dealer should be able to tell you the ship's name when your car is loaded. I was told that would be 1 to 3 weeks max from the time they got he VIN number. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats on your new car Newman and for its imminent and safe arrival.

I found out today that my VIN has been issued and it will move to port likely within the next week or so. My dealer is still stating that their system cannot show the ship its on.

AG991-Since we may be on a similar schedule, please let me know when your dealer gives you your boat's name. Thanks!
Absolutely. Congrats on the VIN. How l long was it from going into QC until today when the VIN was issued? Seems like you are a few days ahead of me. And, I assume our cars will not be on the same ship as they are heading to different ports. My dealer's best guess was first two weeks of April.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AG991
Absolutely. Congrats on the VIN. How l long was it from going into QC until today when the VIN was issued? Seems like you are a few days ahead of me. And, I assume our cars will not be on the same ship as they are heading to different ports. My dealer's best guess was first two weeks of April.
I think it took a few days. The reason why I say I think is that I am not quite sure when it went into QC.

Do you know for sure we are on different boats? I thought most of them hit the East coast, then Georgia, Texas...

Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, the next cool thing happened. My car is now showing up on my dealer website (accessed from the Porscheusa.com website, then dealer locator). The wait continues...

Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, the next cool thing happened. My car is now showing up on my dealer website (accessed from the Porscheusa.com website, then dealer locator). The wait continues...
I am no longer sure of anything that I am not actually told. I know my car is in QC. with the number of cars coming over, of all kinds, I would be surprised if they could get them all into a single ship that visits multiple ports. But, I am a patent attorney and no nothing about shipping.
I will check the website. How does the car show on the website - under what tab?

I hope that this means that your new 991 is in transit - I can't wait to see pictures! I will post as I learn more and I look forward to hearing more about your upcoming delivery!

Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 PM
go to the porscheusa.com website and click on the dealer search tab. Then, pick your dealer and you will be directed to the porscheusa official dealer website (which is often different from their own site). Then click under new cars and 911. This will show their inventory of cars on the lot plus in transit cars. It will also show cars which have been built to customer specs (like ours), which presumably have already been pre-sold.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
go to the porscheusa.com website and click on the dealer search tab. Then, pick your dealer and you will be directed to the porscheusa official dealer website (which is often different from their own site). Then click under new cars and 911. This will show their inventory of cars on the lot plus in transit cars. It will also show cars which have been built to customer specs (like ours), which presumably have already been pre-sold.
Thanks! It did not show - but since my car was finshed Monday and went into QC Tuesday, it does not surprise me that no VIN is out yet.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Mine took approx. 2 days from QC to VIN and website.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Mine took approx. 2 days from QC to VIN and website.
Just got my VIN today and the Porsche site now says completed - according to my salesman. 2 days, just like yours. Not showing on the dealers website yet, but I can't help but be encouraged.

More to follow

Old 03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Congrats. I bet it will show tomorrow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone's build beng finalized this week?