991 posts at RL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
991 posts at RL

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/991/692689-991-psds-review.html

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/991/693025-drove-the-991-yesterday-ahem.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-25-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: active links to another forum
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
I saw them as I am sure many others who frequent both boards have.

I understand posting the links to back up your opinion on the 991 but I don't believe it is appropriate to do so.

If the OP's wanted to cross board they could or would have.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
I saw them as I am sure many others who frequent both boards have.

I understand posting the links to back up your opinion on the 991 but I don't believe it is appropriate to do so.

If the OP's wanted to cross board they could or would have.

Just my opinion.
I disagree. There are people who only read one forum. And those posts, especially MJones', are important. If you knew MJones, you would understand.

The function of a forum is to post ideas/POVs/questions/information. I have one POV, you have another. There are no winners or losers, no points to be earned.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
I truly don't get the Internet battles on whether the 991 is the "right" car for a particular driver.

You either buy it because you like it or YOU DON'T.

The fan boys on both sides need to stop the silly banter. It's getting old...

When you really boil it down, the zealots are a very small part of the overall ecosystem when it comes to Porsche (or any other brand for that matter).

Drive your car and enjoy it in good health whether you're 21 or 91!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
I disagree. There are people who only read one forum. And those posts, especially MJones', are important. If you knew MJones, you would understand.

The function of a forum is to post ideas/POVs/questions/information. I have one POV, you have another. There are no winners or losers, no points to be earned.
I know MJones and have discussed tracking and PSDS with him. He is very knowledgeable. However he certainly knows of this forum.

Hence if he wanted to post it here he could have easily.

I also think its slightly disrespectful to the owners of this board. Again...Just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I hope they enjoy what they have.

ChuckJ

Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
What's your goal in posting this? Please share because you seem to be very driven.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
ManhattanSpin will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sapster
What's your goal in posting this? Please share because you seem to be very driven.
You have to ask? It's almost always a 997 owner who is bummed they came out with the 991. Same thing on any forum on cars, best to not pay much mind.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
I wasn't aware of these discussions at Rennlist and found them interesting, so thanks for sharing them.

Sort of on the same topic, I saw the 991 cab for the first time today, and I think it looks great. Maybe even better than the 991 coupe. And for me, about a tie with the 997 cab.

I hope to drive a base 991 with MT this week, so we'll see how that goes ...

Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Manifold
I wasn't aware of these discussions at Rennlist and found them interesting, so thanks for sharing them.

Sort of on the same topic, I saw the 991 cab for the first time today, and I think it looks great. Maybe even better than the 991 coupe. And for me, about a tie with the 997 cab.

I hope to drive a base 991 with MT this week, so we'll see how that goes ...
The cab is beautiful, but I wish someone would tell me it has a torsional stiffness about the same as the coupe and greater than the 997 coupe. If fact, I wish someone would give us the data.

ChuckJ

Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
The cab is beautiful, but I wish someone would tell me it has a torsional stiffness about the same as the coupe and greater than the 997 coupe. If fact, I wish someone would give us the data.

ChuckJ
I haven't seen any stiffness data, but it does seem that Porsche always does a great job of keeping the performance of the cabs close to the coupes.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sapster
Please read post #3 above.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
As someone who chose the 997 (GTS) over the 991, I can understand what they are saying. The steering on the GTS is stellar. The 991 is great when compared to "normal" cars, but something is lacking IMHO.

There's no doubting the 991 interior is heads and tails above the 997, and the body is fresh and attractive, but I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche makes a change to the steering feel for 2014.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by adias
Please read post #3 above.
No, i'd really like to understand your vendetta against the 991. Just having a look on RL tonight seems to indicate you are very committed to putting it down at what seems like every opportunity.

What's the intended endgame? Is there a goal of some description?

Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Funny how its drivers writing the posts which complain about the 991 or the GTR or any other car that might actually beat theirs or break the spending budget .

But if you must cross post from another forum where the author cant even enter the discussion --
See how the 997 stacked up against the 991 by clicking at each track
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/porsche_991_carrera_s.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-25-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: active link

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 posts at RL