How to change the front Spoiler lip to the Spasm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
How to change the front Spoiler lip to the Spasm

I have the Spasm front spoiler lip I ordered from Suncoast to replace my standard nopn-spasm front lip and wanted to know what is involved in putting it on ... is it a quick installl.

I checked on their website but don't see directions on how to do it.

Thank you.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Nthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to behold
Great question! I was going to start a similar thread. I tried to take the old one off but only got it out of the first "notch". I was putting a lot of pressure on the others and was afraid of breaking something. Hopefully, someone can provide some tips or instructions.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
I have the same issue.... they sent me this pic.

The old spoiler is two parts. You remove 2 screws (14) and 2 plugs (13), then slide the first part (12) towards the passenger side... it will unlock from the main spoiler (11). Somehow the main spoiler (11) is un-clipped from the bumper... I have not figured that out. I think you need a ramp and some tiny fingers to un-clip the plastic tabs....

Last edited by DaveKrek; 05-31-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the directions & Diagram ... that makes it a lot easier to try then going in blind.

thanks !!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:06 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
literally you pull it, the screws and so forth hold the rubber piece to the plastic piece... they both come off.. if it makes u feel better remove the 2 screws on each side, but that does nothing... pull hard and it comes off.. pull FORWARD however not down.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
So has anyone done this ... I am going to attempt it and wanted to see if there is any advice you can give me.

Thanks !!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by af330i
So has anyone done this ... I am going to attempt it and wanted to see if there is any advice you can give me.

Thanks !!
yes, read my post... pull on it... its just held with tabs.. i removed screws pass side and pulled but noticed those screws hold the rubber piece and not the lip to car..

Old 06-16-2012, 02:45 PM
VEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond repute
I attempted to change it myself. Removed the 2 screws on each side (2 different size screws) and found myself pulling pretty hard to try and get it off. I should of probably lifted the vehicle first but after a few attempts I decided the smart move was to let the pros do it. Took it to the dealer here in Vegas and they installed it in about 5 minutes using a lift. Below is a link with pics of it installed (looks great and aggressive) and I also wanted to show off my new silver hood emblem. haha. FYI: the guys at the parts dept. at Freemont Porsche in Northern CA have been beating Suncoasts price on all parts and shipping. Good luck!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ictureid=25262

Last edited by VEGAS9ELEVEN; 06-16-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
yes, read my post... pull on it... its just held with tabs.. i removed screws pass side and pulled but noticed those screws hold the rubber piece and not the lip to car..

So basically I don't remove any screws, I just go to the front of the car and pull forward and it comes right off ?

When I put it back on it just snaps into place ?

thanks for your advice !!

Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by af330i
So basically I don't remove any screws, I just go to the front of the car and pull forward and it comes right off ?

When I put it back on it just snaps into place ?

thanks for your advice !!
yep, start at the side.. it will make perfect sense.. across the front at top are clips.. the "slits" or 2 teeth on the bottom are just to keep it from falling down.. the screws hold on the rubber piece.. remove if u want but not neccesary, id lay down and pull the 2 little "teeth" out of the bottom of bumper.... then pull towards you and will come off.... when it comes off you'll be surprised like i was about the ease of removal and curious how it even stays on.. the new lip pops on without any screws, which is why i know u dont need to remove them to put lip on.. clips hold it on, and those "slits" hold it up.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 AM
yep, start at the side.. it will make perfect sense.. across the front at top are clips.. the "slits" or 2 teeth on the bottom are just to keep it from falling down.. the screws hold on the rubber piece.. remove if u want but not neccesary, id lay down and pull the 2 little "teeth" out of the bottom of bumper.... then pull towards you and will come off.... when it comes off you'll be surprised like i was about the ease of removal and curious how it even stays on.. the new lip pops on without any screws, which is why i know u dont need to remove them to put lip on.. clips hold it on, and those "slits" hold it up.

Thank you very much for these directions ...I REALLY appreciate it !!!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by VEGAS9ELEVEN
I attempted to change it myself. Removed the 2 screws on each side (2 different size screws) and found myself pulling pretty hard to try and get it off. I should of probably lifted the vehicle first but after a few attempts I decided the smart move was to let the pros do it. Took it to the dealer here in Vegas and they installed it in about 5 minutes using a lift. Below is a link with pics of it installed (looks great and aggressive) and I also wanted to show off my new silver hood emblem. haha. FYI: the guys at the parts dept. at Freemont Porsche in Northern CA have been beating Suncoasts price on all parts and shipping. Good luck!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ictureid=25262
Your car looks awesome ... I love how you powder coated the wheels ... we basically have the same car or I should say had the same car

Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM

These directions are perfect, I finally took the whole 10 minutes and got it done, no screws to remove ... just pulling slowly one part at a time.

It really was literally a 10 minute job and it took that long because I really took my time.

The only part I'm not crazy about is from underneath it looks unfinished ... do I need to put on that rubber piece from the original front spoiler ... is there another piece that finishes it off so it looks better from underneath ?

Thanks again !!!

Last edited by af330i; 09-13-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
^^Âgreed, I just received my SPASM lip spoiler and it looks flimsy and unfinished compared to the stock one, looks great once installed though.

Attached Images  

Last edited by galion; 09-14-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough

This

Very simple to do, I did this as well. Took like 3 minutes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to change the front Spoiler lip to the Spasm