Rear seat removal guide on Porsche 911/991S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Rear seat removal guide on Porsche 911/991S

Hi everyone,

I have got many requests about how to remove the rear seat cushion as well as many people want to see the 991 rear without rear cushion.

Today, I decided to remove my rear seat belts because I want to save some weight (may be better to diet, i am 80 kg by the way).

The process is quite simple and straight forward, i do the photoshop to show your guys, enjoy.

Attached Images  

Last edited by iambon; 06-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
The rear does look pretty bad though. :P

However, the good thing is, with the removed rear seat cushion and i can sit quite comfortable in rear (i am 182 cm).

Attached Images   

Last edited by iambon; 06-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Here is my seat without rear seat belts.. save some weight

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM
I also fixed my rattled left rear quarter window, just use 3M to fix it now no more rattles on bumps. I think it is a bad design to have only 2 screws and 1 plastic clip to hold the entire rear quarter window. Mine is easily rattling when I try to push the rear quarter window in the lowered-middle section.

I do not like the way Porsche attach its rear quarter windows on their sport car, since i also had my rear quarter window rattling on my previous Cayman S 2011. Why not just glue it like others?

Attached Images     

Last edited by iambon; 06-13-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:56 AM
G997 is on a distinguished road
What kind of 3M tape?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by G997
What kind of 3M tape?
It is a normal "3M acrylic auto double sides foam tape"

"3M Acrylic Auto Double Sided Foam Tape 10mm 3m is characterized by high performance peel and shear adhesion, high internal strength, good conformability and excellent plasticine resistance. The acrylic foam core has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under load, thereby minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line. These properties allow the tape to bond more effectively to a wide variety of automotive surfaces.

Typical applications for the 3M™ Acrylic Auto Double Sided Foam Tape 6mm 3m would include body side moldings, stainless steel, ABS and PVC rocker panels, hood scoops, wheel flares, door edge moldings, nameplates, ornamentation, luggage rack slats, wind and rain deflectors, dashboard overlays, sunroof wind deflectors, bug deflectors, tail light covers, tailgate weather seals, cladding and rocker panels, running boards, and running lights"

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
+ rep!

Excellent post!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:34 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iambon
I also fixed my rattled left rear quarter window, just use 3M to fix it now no more rattles on bumps. I think it is not a bad to have only 2 screws and 1 plastic clip to hold the entire rear quarter window. Mine is easily rattling when I try to push the rear quarter window in the lowered-middle section.

I do not like the way Porsche attach its rear quarter windows on their sport car, since i also had my rear quarter window rattling on my previous Cayman S 2011. Why not just glue it like others?
Great job!

From looking at the pictures, it strikes me that it wouldn't be hard for the track guys to fashion an opening bracket for that window to get rid of their buffeting.

ChuckJ

Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Thank you for this. Very much appreciated.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Palden will become famous soon enough
Great post. I wanted to remove the rear cushions to better fit car seats in back.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Zmoney is on a distinguished road
How much weight is lost with removal of seat pads?
My seatbelts are awesome as they match my exterior paint and look great on black leather

Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 PM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Would be great to know how much weight saving when rear seat belt removed. Thanks

Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by exponential
Would be great to know how much weight saving when rear seat belt removed. Thanks
The weight of a rear seat belt is

0.69 Kg
1.52 Pounds
24.34 Ounces

So removed 2 units would be

1.38 Kg
3.04 Pounds
48.67 Ounces

= better to skip one full meal.

Attached Images  

Last edited by iambon; 06-16-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:42 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the information. Every pound count !!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
great thread - looks like it would be a breeze to replace the stock rear centre tunnel with the upgraded stitched version - now to get my dealor to order a car with the extra leather option so i can swap out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear seat removal guide on Porsche 911/991S