Open Campaigns & Loaners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Zmoney is on a distinguished road
Open Campaigns & Loaners?

Dropped my 991S (build date March 2012) for an open campaign - replacement of electric change over valves.
I asked the mechanics and he seemed clueless (the usual for this guy) about it. Said it hasn't been a 2012 model recall per se but maybe something associated specifically with whatever equipment/options I have on my car.
At any rate, they will be keeping my car for one day (the estimate says) and I got a loaner.
Not to be a ***** or anything, but when I drop off a $115k car, shouldn't I expect to receive at least a Porsche as a loaner? It's only one day, but it's kind of the principal of it. Anyways, I'll enjoy parking in first-available spots with my new MB C300 tomorrow.
What have you experienced Porsche owners out there gotten as loaners?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
dochusar is on a distinguished road
Varies from a Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Panamera or Range Rover.

When I had my Mercedes, I usually received a piece of garbage Toyota, needless to say, I gave up on the Mercedes dealer.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
MB450, Panamera (twice), Audi 4 Turbo (I think).

Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Zmoney is on a distinguished road
Damn, you guys are making me jealous. I mean if I'm not going 911, it'd be nice to have another Porsche. A free opportunity to sell me on something for the winter

Old 10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
Ya, like 4 or 4S.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
I have a reservation to address the "campaigns" on my car December 5-7th! I specifically requested a Porsche loaner just so I could experience something different. I was promised a panamera! Fingers crossed that happens. Please update us about what was done to your car when you get it back.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:18 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Dont complain. Last time i got a pos fiat.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Well today I was offered a cayenne, panamera, or the boxster, but I chose the boxster..guess I should have upped it to the panny huh! I just like small cars

Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Is there a campaign to repair squeeky glass moonroof? My dealer was not able to fix the issue. thanks.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:50 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Had the valve and A/C line "campaign" work done this week. Took one day total. Panamera4 was the loaner. While you are in there make sure they do the pcm update. They think this may have fixed my right side back-up mirror but they aren't completely sure (went from swivel in only to swivel in AND down as it should be).

Old 10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
elam is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zmoney
Dropped my 991S (build date March 2012) for an open campaign - replacement of electric change over valves.
I asked the mechanics and he seemed clueless (the usual for this guy) about it. Said it hasn't been a 2012 model recall per se but maybe something associated specifically with whatever equipment/options I have on my car.
At any rate, they will be keeping my car for one day (the estimate says) and I got a loaner.
Not to be a ***** or anything, but when I drop off a $115k car, shouldn't I expect to receive at least a Porsche as a loaner? It's only one day, but it's kind of the principal of it. Anyways, I'll enjoy parking in first-available spots with my new MB C300 tomorrow.
Enjoy your MB C300. I got a Chevy Malibu rental loaner last week. It makes one really appreciate the 991.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
You guys are lucky.

In my four years of dealing with our Porsche provider in Kuwait, I've ALWAYS received nothing as a loaner when the car went into the service bay. For one of the highest-performing dealerships in the world that puts thousands of Porsches on the streets of Kuwait a year, they have very few cars as loaners and have always told me that I need to put my name on a waiting list and wait for God-knows-how-long until a car becomes available.

I'm currently debating taking my new Cayenne S in because the auto start-stop system seems to be defective; it works on very rare occasion and then starts within seconds of engine shut-off even with my foot still firmly on the brake. I call up the dealer and mention this but adamantly demand I get a loaner since my car is (a) new with less than 5000 kilometers on the clock and (b) I'm entitled to a loaner since this is clearly a defect. Instead of a promise to source a loaner, I get some haggling telling me that there's a huge waiting list of people ahead of me because the dealer is overwhelmed with cars. So let me get this straight - I'm supposed to call in advance and request a loaner to get a loaner and when I do, I can't get one because they're already booked up?

Sigh, you guys clearly have it better off stateside where customer service matters a lot more than it does here.

khabah

Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
If it is a Porsche problem you should get a loaner. At the least Porsche themselves should reimburse you for a rental car of your choice. I would take it up with Porsche directly, since it sounds like that dealership is too busy making money to offer appropriate Customer Service.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zmoney
Dropped my early March build of for the same "campaign" and another, squeaky breaks, some interior noise and an oil change. It has been two weeks. They have replaced the TCM And wiring harness. They gave me a choice of a VW or stripped A4. I had a Porsche last visit.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by AG991
Dropped my early March build of for the same "campaign" and another, squeaky breaks, some interior noise and an oil change. It has been two weeks. They have replaced the TCM And wiring harness. They gave me a choice of a VW or stripped A4. I had a Porsche last visit.
I may be way off here, but......2 weeks for those repairs and maintenance? That is like being punished, or do they not have any trained Technicians?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Open Campaigns & Loaners?