Speed Limit sign in instruments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Speed Limit sign in instruments

Pretty accurate...controlled by GPS.

Good feature for me

Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
mperor will become famous soon enoughmperor will become famous soon enough
How to setup this feature?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
I've gotten very use to that little icon,,,wish my other cars had it

Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
Woah how did you get that up there? I only have choices for compass and range I think

Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mperor
How to setup this feature?
Exactly, what I was thinking

Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I had that option on my Ford rental in Germany and it was great. It was very accurate, I'd love to have it here. Love to know how to set it up.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
Great feature. I can't find anywhere in the i-manual on how to set this up.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
On your gauge display, go to vehicle - settings - display - PCM display - there you will see a setting for speed limit --- all you need do is check the box.

Not sure, but I think you need satellite radio to get it, but I could be wrong on that.

Now you can't say to the cop who pulls you over -- "Sorry officer, I didn't know the speed limit"

Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't looked into this yet, but I bet it is somewhere in the navigation settings. Pretty Cool Feature though!! HotHonda. . . . Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thanks for pointing it out. I thought it was about the driver setting up a speed limit at which a warning sounds. Hmmmm better go and activate it.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Haku
Thanks for pointing it out. I thought it was about the driver setting up a speed limit at which a warning sounds. Hmmmm better go and activate it.
Same, on my BMWs thats what it is actually.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STALKER
Same, on my BMWs thats what it is actually.
No...you drive by a sign that says 40mph and the instrument panel sign changes (let's just say is was previously @ 60MPH ) to that speed.

I have found that not every road is mapped - then it reverts back to miles
left to travel on the gas remaining. Get on a road that is GPS'ed or whatever they call it & the speed limit sign pops back up again.

I think the big BMW's use the optional camera system to locate signs & puts it in the heads up display...not positive for sure though.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HotHonda
No...you drive by a sign that says 40mph and the instrument panel sign changes (let's just say is was previously @ 60MPH ) to that speed.

I have found that not every road is mapped - then it reverts back to miles
left to travel on the gas remaining. Get on a road that is GPS'ed or whatever they call it & the speed limit sign pops back up again.

I think the big BMW's use the optional camera system to locate signs & puts it in the heads up display...not positive for sure though.
Steve, you are correct. I just set it. I didn't before becuase I thought it was to set the audible tone letting you know you surpassed the speed limit. Not that I am a speeder, but it gets annoying, even if you are just a few MPH over. Anyways, Thanks. . . . Very cool feature I will be taking advantage of.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Great capability! Setup is in the written manual.

ChuckJ

Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
This is a great feature. In Europe GPS systems tell you the speed limit, glad we finally get it in North America.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speed Limit sign in instruments